Thread: Is this tripod a overkill for G2

Default Is this tripod a overkill for G2

Hi folks,

I need to get a tripod for my upcoming photography lesson which is night photography. However, i'm in a jam now because I don't know if I should get a tripod that could possible last to my next camera or should I just get a cheap tripod now. To be used with me current cam the Canon g2

Any advice greatly appreaciated.

Current Option:-
    Manfrotto 190Pro (I like the quick release) + 308RC

or

Cheaper Option:-
    SLIK tripods, those below $50.

Regards.

get a one with quick release.
    it's universal so you can attach and detach to any cameras.

hope i'm right.
    cheers.

to use the Manfrotto 190 with the G2 will be an overkill. The 190 is meant for SLR cameras.

I agree it looks kinda silly setting up the monfrotto tripod and than my little G2 is sitting on it However, I thought the monfrotto could outlast my G2 and if the DSLR falls within my budget or I strike Lottery, at least I could still use the monfrotto. However, after discussion with my friends, decided to stick with the SLIK tripods for the lighter weight so I can use it when travelling.

Originally posted by joyfulcity
    However, after discussion with my friends, decided to stick with the SLIK tripods for the lighter weight so I can use it when travelling.
    - Off topic -
    Yeah, the weight of the Manfrotto kills. After carrying it around for more than 8 hours (walked around town after photo shoot!!) yesterday, my shoulder is now bruised and painful ...

Originally posted by Pandora

- Off topic -
    Yeah, the weight of the Manfrotto kills. After carrying it around for more than 8 hours (walked around town after photo shoot!!) yesterday, my shoulder is now bruised and painful ...
    - Off topic also (sorry joyfulcity)-

are u using the 055??

Nope, 190D. Cumbersome cumbersome tripods!

try the slik u8000 loh
    got the quick release thingy also.

happy user of it!
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

Thanks for all the replies, I've got the Slik U9000@S$65, abit on the heavy side, but still not too bad, I brought it along with me when I went for my Batam.