Thread: Recond Iomega Zip 250 USB ???

Lightbulb Recond Iomega Zip 250 USB ???

Is paying $140.00 for a reconditioned(with one yr warranty) Iomega Zip 250 USB powered from Iomega Singapore a worthwhile deal? or am i better off buying one of another brand?

background: my same unit has spoilt(outside warranty period) and Iomega has offered the above deal.

seeking advice. thanks.

No, it is not worthwhile as you can buy a used Iomega Zip 250 (USB powered) for $50 or less in the secondary market.

You would be better off getting a CDRW or even better a DVDRW drive. The difference is minimal, and 250MB is meaningless, not to mention the cost of zip discs vs that of CDR's.

CDRW and DVDRW drive would be a better choice.

PM me if you want to buy one. Not using it after my poly life. No warrenty though. But working fine and I has 3 pcs of 100MB disk and 1pc of 250MB disk.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    Is paying $140.00 for a reconditioned(with one yr warranty) Iomega Zip 250 USB powered from Iomega Singapore a worthwhile deal? or am i better off buying one of another brand?

background: my same unit has spoilt(outside warranty period) and Iomega has offered the above deal.

seeking advice. thanks.
    With that amonut of money, you can buy a 1GB CF card & a card reader.