Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guy who change camera at super-speed!

Deregistered

maybe these people give a new meaning to the term, "lightning speed".

'jack' sounds ok to me. I find that its alright to to live your dreams if you can afford it. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    LOL, serious a finished plate of char kway teow is really hard to comment
    Actually dun say take char kway teow photos, but if the fella can take the plate of char kway teow to a certain point that it can incite a 'rush' for u to cheong and eat char kway teow immediately (despite juz eating char kway teow yesterday), now THAT is really some skill.

But den to wad I see:
    1) Too rich
    2) Too free
    3) Indecisive
    4) Hot-Air Balloon
    5) Show Off
    6) Noe nuts about photography (maybe can rattle away abt the technical specs but do not have any inkling of what those terms really mean)

Yep, I guess dat pretty much sums up abt it frm my analysis. Unless u've got too much time to spare amusing urself, maybe u shld juz get back to work or wad XXX_Boy.

Don't think there is nothing wrong with that. If he has some serious equipment that is compatible, you can even borrow for a while!

I have a relative on my in-law's side who has a whole darn room of photographic equipment. Note - it's a room and not a dry cabinet. Last time i heard of it is that the room is probably bigger than a whole HDB flat here.

As far I am concerned, I'd rather spend more time conjuring new ideas and processes for my photos then worry about that guy and calling him indecisive and stupid. There are such things called collectors you know.

After all, I'd love this guy cause if he keeps buying brand new stuff, it means more stuff for us 2nd hand. Of course behind my back, I'll be chuckling away as I cringe my frozen fingers in winter on the cocking lever, as he'll never know the true essence of photography.

My camera maybe peeling paint, have scratches on its base plate, but each mark to me has a story to tell from the owner's past, and I will not hesitate to put mine on if it means getting that photo I want.

Cheers.

i can hear the Leicas crying...

No, Liecas is cheering louder then ever,

BUY BUY BUY

Then,

SELL SELL SELL

Than they repeat the chant over & over & over, at the top of their vioce.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Default its okie

Its okie what ... people for money wat, you guys also must get jealous ? maybe his mission in life is to have a smoooth cocking skill ?

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    does he go around asking people to try his zip and see how smooth it is?
    Camera bag zip? Yes.

His other zip? No.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I get to know a this person (I call him Jack - not his real name) from a friend.
    He owned a new Leica MP first hand which he bought from grey-market. And when he meet up with us, he keep telling us to cork his MP to see how smooth the film-advance level is...coz most of the time, he dun even load the camera with film (dun even have a roll of film in his bag!?).
    He told me that he actually traded in his M6 classic (which he bought 2nd hand less than 2 weeks ago) for his new MP becoz he feels that MP is better built and also much smooth than M6.
    Now the best part, after another 1 week, he told us that he had traded in his MP for a used collector's Leica M6 Classic 0.85 (coz it is rare item).
    Now even better part, after 1 more week, he exchange back his MP from the same shop (paid the shop $200 for nothing) coz he still find that his MP is much more better in all way than a M6 - more smooth, better and brighter viewfinder and etc crap....
    What you guys think about this guy?
    useless, like tits on a bull.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

I get to know a this person (I call him Jack - not his real name) from a friend.
    He owned a new Leica MP first hand which he bought from grey-market. And when he meet up with us, he keep telling us to cork his MP to see how smooth the film-advance level is...coz most of the time, he dun even load the camera with film (dun even have a roll of film in his bag!?).
    He told me that he actually traded in his M6 classic (which he bought 2nd hand less than 2 weeks ago) for his new MP becoz he feels that MP is better built and also much smooth than M6.
    Now the best part, after another 1 week, he told us that he had traded in his MP for a used collector's Leica M6 Classic 0.85 (coz it is rare item).
    Now even better part, after 1 more week, he exchange back his MP from the same shop (paid the shop $200 for nothing) coz he still find that his MP is much more better in all way than a M6 - more smooth, better and brighter viewfinder and etc crap....
    What you guys think about this guy?
    I think he's ok and you probably should get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by LimCB
    I think he's ok and you probably should get a life.
    LOL!! *laughing my pants off*

you make it sound so poignant

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    This person, Jack, IMHO, is not a photographer, just merely a cameras collector.
    Agree with catchlights. Jack has his own reasons for collecting cameras, while we have our own for our penchant for photography, nothing to compare.

i find it nothing wrong. I mean there are people who fondle with rare timepieces, diamond pieces, antique statues, rare collectibles, stamps etc... each of those items can easily cost more than a leica mp. and they can't take pictures lol... so what's wrong with fondling with a expensive camera and using it?

I thought this thread was about a guy who can change camera lenses damn fast and was all eager to see a video of it.

I am not afraid that he is reading my post now as I wanted to let him know one thing straight - Cameras are just cameras, dun waste too much stupid time and money! Spent more time on actual photography and I believe that you will enjoy more!

hhmm... like that y not you tell him in his face?
    or simply mention his name so we can all avoid him in case he asks us to **** his leica too...
    perhaps u are not familiar with him... if so, who are u to judge him?
    web | blog | fb | ig

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    I thought this thread was about a guy who can change camera lenses damn fast and was all eager to see a video of it.
    changing lenses damn fast is a good idea for a modern day "gunfight". both photogs (gunmen) will stand 30m apart facing each other, with a SLR camera body in one hand and 50mm lens in the other. when the sign is given, attach the lens as quickly as possible, aim and shoot.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

for some of us photograhy about capturing memories. for others it is the quest for that ideal shot. for yet others it could be just a way to express themselves thru photo art. for jack the leica is art in itself - no need for film. just the cocking of the shutter and the pressing of the shutter release is enough to send a rush thru him that the rest of us may not understand.

damn..am i starting to sound like a shrink?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisp
    As far I am concerned, I'd rather spend more time conjuring new ideas and processes for my photos then worry about that guy and calling him indecisive and stupid. There are such things called collectors you know.

After all, I'd love this guy cause if he keeps buying brand new stuff, it means more stuff for us 2nd hand. Of course behind my back, I'll be chuckling away as I cringe my frozen fingers in winter on the cocking lever, as he'll never know the true essence of photography.

My camera maybe peeling paint, have scratches on its base plate, but each mark to me has a story to tell from the owner's past, and I will not hesitate to put mine on if it means getting that photo I want.

Cheers.
    Every scratch, every mark on ur camera's body, tell a tale.

Alvin, I always knew you were weird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast