Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's still awake at this hour and why?

Quote Originally Posted by razor
    not realy sure how to categorize myself..... i have a day job but after office hours and weekends, i am a full time pog.

SO i am holding 2 jobs.....

One job is for financial security (cos it pays pretty well) and the other for satisfaction, passion,.... unlike some of my pog friends who does it full-time, i dun really face the same pressure of looking for assignments to fill the wallets. So quite happy to be were I am now.

Maybe one day, i will take the plunge.....
    How much can part-part photographer earn??? Care to divert?

Quote Originally Posted by crazypaladin
    Erhm, our Japanese colleagues told this story to us while we were in Japan for a business trip. According to them, this great sooth-sayer mentioned that Japan will experience the biggest calamity yet this year. It was mentioned it will take the form of big earth quake and till date, it has not come true yet but many believed it will come on the last day of this year. Well, that all of what I know at the moment.

i see i see.....

whos not working, or whos bumming on MONDAY which is today?

not realy sure how to categorize myself..... i have a day job but after office hours and weekends, i am a full time pog.

SO i am holding 2 jobs.....

One job is for financial security (cos it pays pretty well) and the other for satisfaction, passion,.... unlike some of my pog friends who does it full-time, i dun really face the same pressure of looking for assignments to fill the wallets. So quite happy to be were I am now.

Maybe one day, i will take the plunge.....
    Hey, actually doing a full time job and on weekends do photography can be quite fulfilling . And sure its different from professional photography , less pressure. so you do weddings?

You know something? We have some common thoughts tonight. I am also thinking about personal space, savings for wedding etc. The thought of the impending event forecoming is enough to break the nerves of most men/women!
    actually every thing is okie until recently, my boss 'takan' me on my merits of my part time job (photography).

i feel at a lossing end once again on my full time job and thus have the pressure to look for more design jobs before i can gain some $$$ independence and the ability to work from home, which is trememously important to me.

after having attack consistently recently, i find my boss have no real trust in me, and this 3 years in the office have made a rat out of me, i want to get out of the chain, to find something more meaningful.

Checking out the Tsunami case in Phuket. Suppose to go on a SWEET vacation with my girlfriend in January, booked everything already, its so disappointing.

Its such a sad thing really. Life's so fragile.

How much can part-part photographer earn??? Care to divert?
    That depends on the assignment. There are different rates for different jobs.
    There's std rates for weddings, convention, parties, dinner and dance, location and architectural, products, portraits, copyshoot, modelling etc....

Some are tough cos of the nature of the action. I once had to follow a team of trekkers up some mountain in Malaysia.... i was not prepared, no training, not fit....

Some are easy, eg , last Friday, I have to take photos of football courts in the Bedok town council....

So its how you bad you want the job and knowing and understanding the market rates... one thing,,, dun undercut the rates...everyone loses...
    Last edited by razor; 27th December 2004 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    actually every thing is okie until recently, my boss 'takan' me on my merits of my part time job (photography).

i feel at a lossing end once again on my full time job and thus have the pressure to look for more design jobs before i can gain some $$$ independence and the ability to work from home, which is trememously important to me.

after having attack consistently recently, i find my boss have no real trust in me, and this 3 years in the office have made a rat out of me, i want to get out of the chain, to find something more meaningful.
    You are not alone. Most of us would want some degree of change (exposure to more things, new things to do in the same career, new challenges, new projects etc) and when things become stagnant and worse of all, no recognition being given, we would tend to look outside of the rat-race within the company to seek an avenue out...

Photography and doing it full-time did cross my mind but I tell myself not to mix hobby with making a career out of it. I might have the interest to sustain it as a hobby but not as a career... I dun know but this is how I felt...

So its how you bad you want the job and knowing and understanding the market rates... one thing,,, dun undercut the rates...everyone loses...
    I see... thanks for sharing... how did you get those assignments, if you dun mind me asking...

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Checking out the Tsunami case in Phuket. Suppose to go on a SWEET vacation with my girlfriend in January, booked everything already, its so disappointing.

Its such a sad thing really. Life's so fragile.
    Life is all about impermanence. *chuckle* Anyway, look on the bright side of it: you two are safe and sound now...

You must be stationed outside Singapore... US?

Hee...no lah.. cos dozed off in the evening... and suddenly just woke up.. sigh..

of all things, "house cleaning" 100+ GB of HDD...sian

Some are thru word of month and others by the networks that was build up over the years. Of cos , your output quality will do the talking too... but commercial photgraphy is not just being behind the view-finder but also your inter-personal skills handling clients and businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzatwork
    of all things, "house cleaning" 100+ GB of HDD...sian
    what exactly do you do when you house cleaning your HDD??? I mean, what goes through your "to keep" and "to throw" sorting thought process? I am interested to know...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatfish
    Hey, actually doing a full time job and on weekends do photography can be quite fulfilling . And sure its different from professional photography , less pressure. so you do weddings?
    Yes, on and off.
    Good night everyone! hitting the bed now!

Some are thru word of month and others by the networks that was build up over the years. Of cos , your output quality will do the talking too... but commercial photgraphy is not just being behind the view-finder but also your inter-personal skills handling clients and businesses.
    interesting. how did you start freelancing.
    like what was your first assignment and were you nervous and all?

(oops, i think i posted 1 minute after he went to bed)

i'm also having off tmr, any one has ideas on events/places to shoot ???????

actually its 100+ GB of video files ~ 7+ hours event footages, outputing to DVD and after that delete entire project...

I have not the faintest idea why I'm up now... I should be in bed

Reading up on all things photographic and of coz the forum. Heaps on info here. Great place!

Burp. No work later so hang around here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast