Thread: Download Pictures via Canon Utilities to Macbook

Default Download Pictures via Canon Utilities to Macbook

Previously, I downloaded pictures from Canon 40D via Canon Utilitises to PC (window) and the pictures were organised in folders according to dates taken. I like that as I was able to know when the pictures were taken especially going for long tours.

However, I am unable to do so for my Macbook Pro using Canon Utilities and the pictures downloaded are displayed individual on the "picture" page without date folders. It has become messy and could anyone help?

Another question is whether downloading pictures through card reader is able to contain pictures in date folder? I tried and no luck in getting what I want.
    Canon 40D, BG-E2N, 17-55f2.8 IS, 17-50f2.8, 70-200f2.8L IS, 50f1.8, 580MKII
    Delighting You Always

Default Re: Download Pictures via Canon Utilities to Macbook

The organizing into folders is not related to usage of card reader, it's a feature of the software. Lightroom can be setup in such a way to store images in folder structures according image date. Many others can do as well, please check the import settings of your software.
    EOS

yes use lightroom.

I use Lightroom to import by dates into a external drive. And it auto organise for me by year then sub folders by date. Have used Lightroom 2 since 3 years ago and now Lightroom 4. It can store yr original DNG files and yr post processing settings in another file.
    5D MKIII | 40Pancake | 16-35 F4L | 24-105L | 600EX-RTs

Hi all,

Grateful for all the replies and I will try Lightroom to organise the date folders.
    Canon 40D, BG-E2N, 17-55f2.8 IS, 17-50f2.8, 70-200f2.8L IS, 50f1.8, 580MKII
    Delighting You Always

Or just use the included iPhoto in your Macbook. It's pretty intuitive and with the latest version, has lots of useful (?) features like face recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao View Post
    Or just use the included iPhoto in your Macbook. It's pretty intuitive and with the latest version, has lots of useful (?) features like face recognition.
    True.. iPhoto is great for organizing the photos.. all my libraries are in iPhotos.. and only the selected photos i move to Lightroom.
    Swami
    My Blog