Starting from January 2005, we will be launching photography courses at the all-new photography art space, SPACE 217. Please read on for details of the first introductory course which we will be conducting on the month of January.
Portraits - Introductory Class
Basic studio Lighting
Students will be taught proper lighting techniques for portraits used in industry standard. Students will also get to do hands-on practice in acheiving and understanding classic lightings for proffesional portrait finishing. Assignments and critique will be given.
Course : Studio Lighting for Portraits - Basic
Students : Maximum 12 to a class
Location : SPACE 217 (217 Selegie Road)
Date : Jan 8th, Jan 15th
Cost : $150 per student (course material incl.)
Model : Dasha
Instructors : Skye Tan, Billy Soh and Frey
The course will consisit of 2 parts:
PART A : Instructions and Demonstrations - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
PART B : Practical (hands-on by students) - 5:30 to 7:30
PART A (3 hours)
1) Understanding Lighting
(Equipments, Functions, and light characteristics)
- Soft, Diffused (Softbox, Reflectors, Umbrella etc...)
- Hard, Spectular (Reflector Dish etc...)
- Fills (Honey Comb, Snoot etc...)
2) types of lighting settings used in portraiture
- how to make a person look fatter/slimmer etc etc......
Part B (2 hours)
The students will be given the opportunity apply and experiment with the techniques taught earlier. Instructors will be at hand to supervise.
- The lesson will be conducted using a Bronica GS-1 Medium Format Camera as well as a Canon EOS 1Ds tethered to a Macintosh laptop (subject to availability). Polaroid film will be provided.
- Any camera will do as long as there is a flash/sync socket and manual control.
- Students will be given assignments are encouraged to bring along their work the following week for a review and critique session.
- If more time with the model is required, a separate practice session can be organized on a weekday night, details to be discussed at the end of the lesson.
You may book your places..... NOW
rueyloon - SPACE 217