Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Film based point n shoot cameras

Default Film based point n shoot cameras

I am just wondering if this kind of camera is still available to purchase....new....

Why i ask is coz my mum has got a yashica one, n somehow misplaced. She is too fixated on those n i am not able to transit her to digital ones mainly she cannot get used to Lcd point n shoot

If theres any decent digi cam with reasonable body size n comes with view finder pls do drop me a note here. I hope to give her a surprise during mothers day....

Meanwhile i am gona keep looking....

Default Re: Film based point n shoot cameras

Look at the BnS section here

Occasionally, some of these cameras you mention will be for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jliow View Post
    I am just wondering if this kind of camera is still available to purchase....new....

Why i ask is coz my mum has got a yashica one, n somehow misplaced. She is too fixated on those n i am not able to transit her to digital ones mainly she cannot get used to Lcd point n shoot

If theres any decent digi cam with reasonable body size n comes with view finder pls do drop me a note here. I hope to give her a surprise during mothers day....

A 2nd had G10, G11, G12 may serve your needs. Has a simple viewfinder and still a pns camera (very advanced too if you want to use it as such)

Otherwise, maybe a 2nd hand Panasonic G1 with 14-42mm kit zoom. Dirt cheap 2nd hand for what it is (~$250) and better than any pns in image quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jliow

Unless u got a specific model that u might want to post a WTB on classified, else can visit the camera shops at peninsula plaza area for some of the used ones..

salvation army bukit timah sells it for $1, just a plastic shell with very simple shutter and manual - winding. can't beat that price

I prefer meaningful comments, if you wanna be mean go somewhere else

You can check different branches of cash converters, sometimes they show up here and there.

i'm sorry that I unintentionally gave offense.

I did not mean it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma
    i'm sorry that I unintentionally gave offense.

I did not mean it that way.
    thanks fir clarifying

Blog Entries

not easy to find brand new P&S Film camera but not impossible, you need to look for older shops who still carry stock

Are you looking for a film pns or a digi pns? Your title says film but your thread wordings says "digi".

I saw many PnS film cameras in a shop in Malacca when I went there just last week.
    I guess you can give JB film development shops a try, though I doubt they will sell them to you at more 'realistic' ebay type prices.

film based pns... i will say Ricoh GR1s or GR1v. not sure can find it locally, can try BNS .

Hi, TS i have a nikon film pns, its brand new in box. If u r interested, i can pass it on to u foc. Its comes wif the box all in gd condition, i believe with wrapping, it will make a gd present. But u hav to drop by below my block at serangoon north. Pm me ur hp if u r interested. I cant remb the model number and tech specs as i have never used it. Working the last time i tested.

Only for TS, upz for filial one.

Sorry, juz reread. Seems like u looking for digital pns, sorry cant help u here. If u wan the film compact as a gift, let me noe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    Hi, TS i have a nikon film pns, its brand new in box. If u r interested, i can pass it on to u foc. Its comes wif the box all in gd condition, i believe with wrapping, it will make a gd present. But u hav to drop by below my block at serangoon north. Pm me ur hp if u r interested. I cant remb the model number and tech specs as i have never used it. Working the last time i tested.
    Thks Kipling, do you have the model for reference, I am more than willing to offer you some monetory terms, i stay very near you btw. Sorry to have to trouble u.

hmmm... not sure if this info is useful but my Canon digital camera ixus 900 comes with a viewfinder and lcd screen, its a digital camera... maybe if you can find the canon replacement model for that you might be able to buy it for your mum the newer model digital camera..

oh ya i saw at carrefour last Tuesday a fujifilm S4000 going for $499 comes with viewfinder but uses 4 AA batteries... im a kaypoh cos the guy told me its a "superzoom" cos my friends and i wanna buy one to give to our friend who will be travelling for a year a superzoom and decent size camera... not sure the quality tho.. but i was drawn to it cos my friend uses a dslr but due to baggage and safety wont be able to bring dslr so the view finder was what attracted me tho the guy did recommend me Nikon P510 as well but if i remember correctly the Nikon got no view finder.... i think if you want superzoom then can see the canon sx40 and the equavilent...

anyway out of curiousity i just saw Canon website the powershot A1200 comes with view finder at half the price of this fuji

i believe other brands like Nikon, Fuji, ricoh etc, if slowly find maybe might be able to find a decent or even better cameras....

hope this helps
    Last edited by meganut; 24th April 2012 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    Only for TS, upz for filial one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jliow View Post

I see some film cameras sold at Woodlands Electrical (at Clementi West St2, beside blk 728 NPP).
    Those are what you used to call film compact cams/PnS cams..

Walked past a many times. New in box but check for fungus (it's there got quite a few yrs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast