Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 98 of 98

Thread: Naughty naugthy...

  1. #81
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Rephrase

    What if the girl is a willingly works as such a freelancing prostitute knowing that she is underaged, and protected by the law. Even her identity is protected. This would give even more young girls courage to do such things for money, no?

    They won't be prosecuted, only their 'clients' would be.

    I say there should be such a clause that says if the girl is underaged and found to be willing, and with full knowledge of the law, that she could be prosecuted as well.
    That's a reaction that I myself have had, and perhaps most people may have. I suspect the problem is that the age of the involved person here is close enough to the line, so it's not immediately obvious where such an argument fails. Thinking deeper, let's just put away the details of the case for a moment and take a leap of faith to view the law as being reasonable or trying to be reasonable. I don't think it's difficult to understand that this protection of minors issue has to do with a decent enough intention - that of assuming that children or non-adults have a limited understanding of consequences and actions and therefore there should be limited liability on their part, including that of protection of identity because they should not bear the burden for acts committed without full comprehension of the implications. The law does have to take a stand and stick by it for the sake of treating all equally, and the law took the stand that the line has to be drawn at 18. 17 is close enough to 18 and I guess it's easy to lose sight of the fact that no line is perfect. Lower it to 17? 16? 15? Then why not all the way to 8?

    Your argument works for teenagers, because some of them are indeed mature, and have full awareness of what they're doing, as well as the potential consequences and repercussions. I certainly won't say that it's fair to say that there should be a clause where "underage girls with full knowledge of the law can be prosecuted", nor that determination of "full knowledge of the law" a simple matter in the first place. When you take the age down to something like 8, it may be more apparent why the law is there. It's easier to understand the concept of the line being drawn at 16 for statutory rape I suppose, now extend that to involvement of benefits of any form - and it's not hard to see why the law also wishes to push the age upwards for such cases. Certainly propositioning a minor to engage in sexual acts with returns/benefits/carrots of some form being involved requires the minor to have a higher degree of maturity to reject the proposition. Whether age equates to maturity is always a very debateable issue but one can only apply a rough guide in such cases, and age is a good enough proxy for most people.

    Just my thoughts on the issue, cheers.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 29th April 2012 at 08:49 AM.

  2. #82
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    my take on the issue is perhaps a little more naive...

    but who pays a prostitute 750 an hour? i mean unless she can fly aeroplane on the bed la!

    my next best bet is that the guys know the girl was underaged. it seems to be the most logical suggestion...

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart
    my take on the issue is perhaps a little more naive...

    but who pays a prostitute 750 an hour? i mean unless she can fly aeroplane on the bed la!
    You would be surprised..
    If there are people who can pay gazillion dollars for camera gear or cars or luxury watches then 750 is really nothing

  4. #84
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    You would be surprised..
    If there are people who can pay gazillion dollars for camera gear or cars or luxury watches then 750 is really nothing
    thats because the gears/cars are not normal cars? big difference there. you want to pay gazillion dollars for a cheapo compact camera, then feel free

    same idea applies here. either she have good skills (which i doubt), or she is special by being "underaged"

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    If a European diplomat does this and it IS known that the girl is under 18, then he too can fly home to his country? His country's courts will go thorough the motions and pretend to try him, only to conclude repeatedly that they have insufficient evidence to convict. We can fly witnesses there often - until we get the unspoken message.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    thats because the gears/cars are not normal cars? big difference there. you want to pay gazillion dollars for a cheapo compact camera, then feel free

    same idea applies here. either she have good skills (which i doubt), or she is special by being "underaged"
    My point is there are people who has the $$$
    How they spend it is up to them
    No one knows their true motive, maybe stolen water taste sweeter.
    But the perceived value of luxury goods is always subjective anyway.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    What if the girl is a willing party, and knows that she is underaged, and protected by the law. This would give even more young girls courage to do such things for money, no?
    Same like the Buy and Sell threat.....caveat emptor....buyer beware
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 29th April 2012 at 10:41 PM.

  8. #88
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    my take on the issue is perhaps a little more naive...

    but who pays a prostitute 750 an hour? i mean unless she can fly aeroplane on the bed la!

    my next best bet is that the guys know the girl was underaged. it seems to be the most logical suggestion...
    She's a "social escort", a difference in title amounting to additional premium.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 30th April 2012 at 04:16 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #89
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    That's a reaction that I myself have had, and perhaps most people may have. I suspect the problem is that the age of the involved person here is close enough to the line, so it's not immediately obvious where such an argument fails. Thinking deeper, let's just put away the details of the case for a moment and take a leap of faith to view the law as being reasonable or trying to be reasonable. I don't think it's difficult to understand that this protection of minors issue has to do with a decent enough intention - that of assuming that children or non-adults have a limited understanding of consequences and actions and therefore there should be limited liability on their part, including that of protection of identity because they should not bear the burden for acts committed without full comprehension of the implications. The law does have to take a stand and stick by it for the sake of treating all equally, and the law took the stand that the line has to be drawn at 18. 17 is close enough to 18 and I guess it's easy to lose sight of the fact that no line is perfect. Lower it to 17? 16? 15? Then why not all the way to 8?

    Your argument works for teenagers, because some of them are indeed mature, and have full awareness of what they're doing, as well as the potential consequences and repercussions. I certainly won't say that it's fair to say that there should be a clause where "underage girls with full knowledge of the law can be prosecuted", nor that determination of "full knowledge of the law" a simple matter in the first place. When you take the age down to something like 8, it may be more apparent why the law is there. It's easier to understand the concept of the line being drawn at 16 for statutory rape I suppose, now extend that to involvement of benefits of any form - and it's not hard to see why the law also wishes to push the age upwards for such cases. Certainly propositioning a minor to engage in sexual acts with returns/benefits/carrots of some form being involved requires the minor to have a higher degree of maturity to reject the proposition. Whether age equates to maturity is always a very debateable issue but one can only apply a rough guide in such cases, and age is a good enough proxy for most people.

    Just my thoughts on the issue, cheers.
    i dont think this girl will be getting into any trouble with the law over the weight of public opinion to prosecute her even as a minor

    however it does give food for thought for the law to be adjusted down the line for future cases to deter under 18s from entering the trade
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Watched a documentary and apparently this happens in Hong Kong too.

    The real culprit is materialism, poverty and broken families of the girls.

    Young schoolgirls in HK do it so that they can buy that LV bag, iPhone or Prada shoes. They have low self esteem due to broken family, uncaring parents and want material things to make themselves feel better.

    In the Singapore system, the authorities have chosen to combat this by punishing the middlemanOKT and the buyers of her service harshly.
    The thinking is that if there is no demand, then the supply automatically stops. This succeeds to some extent.

    So far the authorities have chosen not to deal harshly with the girls because being underaged, they may be immature in thinking and could have been conned into this trade. They could have been forced by money circumstances or a narcotics drug habit to do this. Or worse, they could have been forced by violent and brutal gangsters into this trade.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st May 2012 at 01:17 AM.

  11. #91
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

    however it does give food for thought for the law to be adjusted down the line for future cases to deter under 18s from entering the trade
    I am not sure if it should be an adjustment to the law since the root cause in this particular case seems to be materialism. You can have all the laws you want, but as long as the stench of materialism overpowers the risk of punishment, then whatever will be will be. Inculcation of the right values in the youth seems like a much more effective solution - of course it's easy to say "incuclate the right values" - doing it properly and successfully is another issue altogether.

  12. #92
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Mr. Lee Lip Hong is now out of jail.

    Channel News Asia (CNA) / Today Online / Yahoo! Singapore
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #93

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Mr. Lee Lip Hong is now out of jail.
    Your best buddy will come in handy

  14. #94
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    i would had thought the sentence would be a lot harsher, to serve as a strong deterrent for the recent scandals relating with public servants...

    it used to be quite heavy handed one last time if my impression is right...

  15. #95
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    I heard prison inmates are especially vicious towards sex offenders especially pedobears and rapists, they'll drag you one side and penetrate your behind with their fists until you won't be able to stand and walk no more.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 10th June 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  16. #96
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I heard prison inmates are especially vicious towards sex offenders especially pedobears and rapists, they'll drag you one side and penetrate your behind with their fists until you won't be able to stand and walk no more.
    not in sg la... sg highly doubt it...

  17. #97

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I heard prison inmates are especially vicious towards sex offenders especially pedobears and rapists, they'll drag you one side and penetrate your behind with their fists until you won't be able to stand and walk no more.
    There was a case in MY, a guy in a fit of rage killed his gf's 3 year-old daughter. He was caught, confessed and sent to lockup before trial.
    The next day he was found hanging dead, with visible signs of physical abuse.
    No one bothered to petition for an investigation on how he died. Society felt he deserved it.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Naughty naugthy...

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    not in sg la... sg highly doubt it...
    In SG... They'll ask "Eh, got lobang or not? PC show cheaper or...?"
    Alpha

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •