Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Amazing' value in Buy/Sell.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Donít forgetting to put a three legers toad underneath your tripod for stability and prosperity.

The mouth of the toad must face North East.

yah I heard they unearthed this ancient chinese tripod which uses 9 dragons with balls in their mouths, when adjusting for horizontal level you can tell by which balls fall off

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    yah I heard they unearthed this ancient chinese tripod which uses 9 dragons with balls in their mouths, when adjusting for horizontal level you can tell by which balls fall off
    that's for measuring earthquake lah ... ooops, OT too much liao ... continue on the polariser discussion leh, i want to know more about this thing, i new on slr lah

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    that's for measuring earthquake lah ... ooops, OT too much liao ... continue on the polariser discussion leh, i want to know more about this thing, i new on slr lah
    Haha, Ok, eikin, here are two links,

How to use a polarizer filter to improve your photographs

A Polarizer Filter - The Pros Secret Weapon

As for some pointers of using PL filter I mention in my previous posting here, can't find it in the net now.

Yes, your rotate the filter till you gets the effect you want.
    It will cut down reflection at a angle, not your own reflection, will reduce a certain amount of highlights on object, but not cut down any hotspots, light source.
    If you use it for scenic, the strongest effect is when the sun is on your right or left, but will not work on hazy day.

Please do a search more about the PL filter in Internet.

don't talk about it.

how many people knows what a UV filter really does ?

protecting your front element is only one part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    don't talk about it.

hmm lemme guess...it filters off uv rays?

Haha, Ok, eikin, here are two links,

How to use a polarizer filter to improve your photographs

A Polarizer Filter - The Pros Secret Weapon

As for some pointers of using PL filter I mention in my previous posting here, can't find it in the net now.
    wow ... good information for slr newbies like me, thanks!!!

don't talk about it.

It should cut down extensive UV light in high altitude (mountaineer or aerial photography)

just realise the Canon TC-58 don't have front threads. I think PL filter don't have front threads either, right? that means I have to hold the PL when using the TC?

don't talk about it.

The common zoom lens got 15 elements or so, and 15 pieces of glass is more than inuf to filter out all the UV liao.

So, only need it for protection. Protect the front element from scratches. BTW, the coating is pretty hardy, unless you clean it after every few shots! No need to worry about cleaning off the coating.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Dpreview thread on UV filters usefulness versus the image degradation they cause.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11562299

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinghippo
    choy: the mark on the lens is just to let you have a means of gauging how much you have rotated so in case anything happened, lens knocked accidentally or say you got the effect you wanted in horizontal composition then you want to take a vertical composition you can just agar-agar turn the pol with the mark to roughly the same spot w/o hunting for the correct spot. there's no "perfect" amt of rotation at all, so the mark isn't a form of measurement to help you get the "perfect" rotation. its not true that the max effect is the best either, its all personal taste like amt of colour saturation to have, some like extreme saturation, some like unsat, some like in btwn.
    not quite right.
    the mark is for u to quickly rotate to the best position. ie every1 knows that the best position is when the sun is to the right, left or top of the direction the lens is pointing at, so turn the mark to where the sun is and u will be near the best position, then fine tune abit from there. so the mark saves u the time of having to rotate the CirPL round and round.
    for those who dont believe, try it out. u will realise that after rotating the filter and getting the best position, the mark is always near the direction of the where the sun is.
    web | blog | fb | ig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12