Thread: Microdrive OK if passed through customs check?

Fastbreak
    Guests

Default Microdrive OK if passed through customs check?

Hi, does anyone know if it is ok to pass the microdrive through the xray checking devices or whatever devices they use to screen through luggage? And also those metal detector gates?

I am thinking of getting one, but need to know whether to hand carry it or leave it in the luggage when I travel abroad, thanks!

Default Re: Microdrive OK if passed through customs check?

leave it in your digicam.... and of course, your digicam stays with you/your handcarry luggage ... no problems going thru those devices...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Fastbreak
    Hi, does anyone know if it is ok to pass the microdrive through the xray checking devices or whatever devices they use to screen through luggage? And also those metal detector gates?

I am thinking of getting one, but need to know whether to hand carry it or leave it in the luggage when I travel abroad, thanks!

Midnight
    Guests

You should have no problems with either the x-ray machine or the metal detector. Of the two, the metal detector is definitely the greater risk to magnetic media, but apparently people have been doing fine sending their Microdrives through both devices.

On the other hand, I don't know if the Microdrive will set off the metal detector, but that's a different issue.

Originally posted by Midnight
    You should have no problems with either the x-ray machine or the metal detector. Of the two, the metal detector is definitely the greater risk to magnetic media, but apparently people have been doing fine sending their Microdrives through both devices.

On the other hand, I don't know if the Microdrive will set off the metal detector, but that's a different issue.
    Most likely. Most harddrives are just metal platters coated with iron oxide. Don't think they have glass substrate microdrives yet.

Fastbreak
    Guests

Thanks for the replies! BTW, is 379 a good price to pay for the 1G Microdrive?

Originally posted by Fastbreak
    Thanks for the replies! BTW, is 379 a good price to pay for the 1G Microdrive?
    sounds cheap! wehre did you get the price? does it come with full warranty?
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Fastbreak
    Guests

I got it from Hardware Place, SLS. Yet to check if there is warranty though. Once I get it, I will update