Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: L lens for 1100d

Default Re: L lens for 1100d

A good site to compare lenses side by side.

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens Image Quality

That is the first step.

The second step is to rent the lenses and test out for a day or two, then decide which one suits you best.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123
    A good site to compare lenses side by side.

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens Image Quality

That is the first step.

The second step is to rent the lenses and test out for a day or two, then decide which one suits you best.
    Ok thanks

Do take note the 1100d body is pretty light. The zoom or tele lens will make the whole setup front heavy. A batt grip might help but the ones available for 1100d are limited and need an external cable connector for the secondary shutter to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicx
    so should I get canon or tamron
    Hmm. Get Sigma. The 70-300 is better. Also, if you are looking to shoot airplanes, IS/VC/OS is good to have as I doubt u will be able to hold still in the hot sun.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX
    Do take note the 1100d body is pretty light. The zoom or tele lens will make the whole setup front heavy. A batt grip might help but the ones available for 1100d are limited and need an external cable connector for the secondary shutter to work.
    What do you mean by secondary shutter?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

I get a strong feeling from your replies that you are relatively clueless to what you want to get....I would strongly advice you to take sometime to think about what you need and not what you want....BUT if spending on what you want makes you happy, by all means, buy it...

Need vs Want. Many of us will be guilty of spending on WANTs instead of Need. (I'm guilty of it too, should have just settled down for a 18-55 + 55-250 and a 35 f2 instead of the list you see in my Sig).
    I understand, actually this is the plan for next year, after my O , as I want to give myself a longer time to decide ... Wonder to get a lens first , or a better dslr

TS, here is my take. Just a personal opinion, so don't take everything I say too seriously.

Personally, lens has a longer lasting value than camera bodies. In this digital age, digital bodies are like personal computers. They just get faster, higher resolution, better AF, etc. in short, there won't be a "best" time to buy camera bodies. Just get one if you need one - just decide if you need a full frame or a sub-full frame would suffice.

Lets get back to your lens. L or no L? L is the premium as in this is the way Canon has designed and marketed its lenses. If you have the money, just get the L lens. Reason is because if the lens has the right zoom range, you will not see the need to down grade to a cheaper price lens of the same range. Furthermore, the image quality will definitely be better than a non L and even if it does not, chances are the fault lies with the photographer's usage behavior. Visit Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM Lens Review for a review if you are interested.

I will not advise you on which to get but the 2 L lenses that I believed will suit you would probably be the 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM IS II or the f/4.0 of equal zoom range. The other lens would be the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM.

That is all I have to say and as a final comment, enjoy the process of photography and worry about gears later.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Musicx View Post
    I understand, actually this is the plan for next year, after my O , as I want to give myself a longer time to decide ... Wonder to get a lens first , or a better dslr
    Last edited by oracle0711; 24th April 2012 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711
    TS, here is my take. Just a personal opinion, so don't take everything I say too seriously.

Personally, lens has a longer lasting value than camera bodies. In this digital age, digital bodies are like personal computers. They just get faster, higher resolution, better AF, etc. in short, there won't be a "best" time to buy camera bodies. Just get one if you need one - just decide if you need a full frame or a sub-full frame would suffice.

Lets get back to your lens. L or no L? L is the premium as in this is the way Canon has designed and marketed its lenses. If you have the money, just get the L lens. Reason is because if the lens has the right zoom range, you will not see the need to down grade to a cheaper price lens of the same range. Furthermore, the image quality will definitely be better than a non L and even if it does not, chances are the fault lies with the photographer's usage behavior. Visit Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM Lens Review for a review if you are interested.

I will not advise you on which to get but the 2 L lenses that I believed will suit you would probably be the 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM IS II or the f/4.0 of equal zoom range. The other lens would be the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM.

That is all I have to say and as a final comment, enjoy the process of photography and worry about gears later.

Dan
    Yeah, okay , thanks for your advice . Will think about it

It's the vertical shutter release.

It's the vertical shutter release.
    Ohh okay..
    Last edited by Musicx; 25th April 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicx View Post
    why don't try be a better photographer instead?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    why don't try be a better photographer instead?
    I am trying now..

I seconded Catchlights. The camera, lens and accessories are mere tools. They just capture images. U make the picture. Go full manual to learn the tools. Then u'll know wat u need.

I seconded Catchlights. The camera, lens and accessories are mere tools. They just capture images. U make the picture. Go full manual to learn the tools. Then u'll know wat u need.
    I am using manual always ,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123