Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so sad n angry

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82

Hi TS, we posted the same time so I don't know you knew the reason for the light is for security. Complain to the auditor's boss is more efficient if you doubt what was advised is not necessary... Let them explain better.
    I only a "small fly" in my company. My company ever email us to off lights and computer when not in use but now this n my manager agreeds? That is why even i not rich, i want to see the world before all gone in a day.

PS: i know that wouldnt happen soon but we never know what is going to happen next.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    I read that a plant-based diet actually has a carbon footprint 1/3 that of a typical regular diet consisting of meat including fish and poultry.

Perhaps TS might want to considering converting into a vegetarian if he is not already one since if has a far greater impact on mother nature than any other green methods of environmental conservation.
    I just ate 4 veg n 1 meat. 80% vegetarian. What abt you? Ha ha!

Default Re: so sad n angry

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

but why don't Singaporeans look at their own country and criticize themselves for thinking the same about foreigners in Singapore? once upon a time YOUR ancestors were immigrants too.
    sorry to say. That generation had passed and true blue Singaporeans had already emerged for a few generation (at least your father/Mum is born in Singapore). If you want to talk about ancestors then you have to go back to Dinosaur/Caveman age. Cos who were the ancestors of our immigrants?

So your statement doesn't really sounds right.

What we are saying here is true blue Singaporeans is threaten by the increasing population of immigrants who WERE NOT BORN HERE AND GREW UP HERE taking over our jobs and life and others.

Nothing against FT, if they are hardworking and really want to start a family here and contribute, kudos to them. But some are simply come to work then slap their butt then go back to their country after they earned enough.

Maybe your working experience is not enough, you haven seen lazy FT as well.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill and fighting all the wrong battles.

Militant activism is rarely effective, especially at winning others over to your cause. Except perhaps if you want to join Greenpeace and chase Japanese whaling vessels.

I'm not disagreeing with your cause, but do you really think it's effective to get pissed off when others disagree with you and call them names?

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Ts didnt direct at all ft
    oh. please read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    But at office, my colleagues told me, the server rooms lights (all the room) must on 24/7! Instructions given by auditor and that person is an FT! Over their country no power, come over here and waste our resource[/SIZE][/B]?

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    and we should applaud his support for green... Come on, how often u see ppl around u who support green?
    seems more like a rant at Foreigners and unhappiness at management. this is more likely the real issue rather than "GOING GREEN"

Instructions given by auditor and that person is an FT! Over their country no power, come over here and waste our resource? Not even a single soul, also on, win liao lor. What can i do, i just a small fly down there. I dont even on the light inside my home pc room so much, I really feels sad n angry now. Really want to bash up that person n my management listen to such brainless person somemore. Curse them if got next life, born in africa and suffers like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    dear Sir, i've worked for over 10 years since secondary school in various industries. i've seen lazy, and i've seen hardworking.

but this is no reason to lump them all together and insinuate that they're here for all the wrong reasons.

and just to remind you, that there are Foreign workers here in this very forum. and i, too, am one such person.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

sorry to say. That generation had passed and true blue Singaporeans had already emerged for a few generation (at least your father/Mum is born in Singapore). If you want to talk about ancestors then you have to go back to Dinosaur/Caveman age. Cos who were the ancestors of our immigrants?

So your statement doesn't really sounds right.

What we are saying here is true blue Singaporeans is threaten by the increasing population of immigrants who WERE NOT BORN HERE AND GREW UP HERE taking over our jobs and life and others.

Nothing against FT, if they are hardworking and really want to start a family here and contribute, kudos to them. But some are simply come to work then slap their butt then go back to their country after they earned enough.

Abt to say something like that. Singapore really like a rojak country. Dont need to compare much, i am surprise taiwanese queue for their mrt but not local. Why? We fighting space to be in else we will be late n get scolded. While (possible), FT wouldnt cause if they got scolded, they just leave the job n look for another easily.

Support green whenever you can. There isnt much we can do now. Maybe 2012 end of world as earth quakes too many recently?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    dear Sir, i've worked for over 10 years since secondary school in various industries. i've seen lazy, and i've seen hardworking.

but this is no reason to lump them all together and insinuate that they're here for all the wrong reasons.

and just to remind you, that there are Foreign workers here in this very forum. and i, too, am one such person.
    if u read my sentence earlier. I have nothing against FT.

in fact I made a few FT friends here on clubsnap.

what I am saying here is, when you are born in this land and grew up here, a sudden influx of FT, you will somehow feel threaten.

Personally I already said, if this person really wants to settle his roots here and contribute, i respect him. But I know some came for the intention to earn and pack up to go back to his own country. This is something I despise. Although morally its not wrong but then again... I dun wish to say further.

I also never sterotype all FT are lazy, didn't I?

And oh, so you worked 10 over years here, good for you. But for the past 13 years in the workforce, I have seen my fair share of FT leaving Singapore once they earned enough. I didn't see much wanting to stay for good. So I hope you will eventually be one of those few here that will stay and contribute.
    Last edited by sinned79; 17th April 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

oh. please read it again.

seems more like a rant at Foreigners and unhappiness at management. this is more likely the real issue rather than "GOING GREEN"
    Sorry hor, all linked. My concern is on saving electricity and because of FT n manager, i feels that it's shouldnt be on and after so many years, then tell us to? I also mentioned company asking us to save electric and yet got this happening.

Dont have any more earth hour, all wayang like shyt. Off one hr, on for 24/7. Angry liao.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    if u read my sentence earlier. I have nothing against FT.

in fact I made a few FT friends here on clubsnap.

what I am saying here is, when you are born in this land and grew up here, a sudden influx of FT, you will somehow feel threaten.

Personally I already said, if this person really wants to settle his roots here and contribute, i respect him. But I know some came for the intention to earn and pack up to go back to his own country. This is something I despise. Although morally its not wrong but then again... I dun wish to say further.

I also never sterotype all FT are lazy, didn't I?

And oh, so you worked 10 over years here, good for you. But for the past 13 years in the workforce, I have seen my fair share of FT leaving Singapore once they earned enough. I didn't see much wanting to stay for good. So I hope you will eventually be one of those few here that will stay and contribute.
    i did not say you stereotyped. that sentence was directed at TS.

and because of that "Pack up and Leave" reason, the government has made measures. i've seen many of my colleagues from other countries made to pack up and go by the ICA over the past few years. and even now, they're still focused on trimming the foreign workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

i did not say you stereotyped. that sentence was directed at TS.

and because of that "Pack up and Leave" reason, the government has made measures. i've seen many of my colleagues from other countries made to pack up and go by the ICA over the past few years. and even now, they're still focused on trimming the foreign workforce.
    Wa! Win liao lor. Even u work n study so much, u still cant master to be a rightful person, only to bash ppl on9. Maybe u r those on lights 24/7 even at home.

Sorry hor, all linked. My concern is on saving electricity and because of FT n manager, i feels that it's shouldnt be on and after so many years, then tell us to? I also mentioned company asking us to save electric and yet got this happening.

Dont have any more earth hour, all wayang like shyt. Off one hr, on for 24/7. Angry liao.
    if this is what the IT Manager as a professional recommends for the safety of the server room, then you have to ask what position are you in to question the knowledge of someone who is in that field?

in my company now, there is great emphasis on going green. but we also cannot ensure that every little detail is green. you cannot be on an absolute scale. in real life, there are no absolutes. there is always a balance.

in your enthusiasm, you might have overlooked the fact that this is the only thing that is not "green". not everything can be made to be green

Wa! Win liao lor. Even u work n study so much, u still cant master to be a rightful person, only to bash ppl on9. Maybe u r those on lights 24/7 even at home.
    and honestly? bashing me now because i'm also one of the foreigners who settled here?

Blog Entries

looks like many people in a bad mood this evening ..... lolz closing this thread before Sion adds in his 2cents stay cool y'all !
    Last edited by ed9119; 17th April 2012 at 10:31 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12