Thread: Who still need portrait photographers when you have this?

Default Who still need portrait photographers when you have this?

Saw Groupon send me this deal to my inbox..

$12 for 30 Min Self-Shot Studio Photography Session + Photo DVD (Worth $90)

I think if I receive enquires of asking me do I have promotion of studio portrait package, I'll just send them to this studio.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: Who still need portrait photographers when you have this?

still portrait photog lah... self shoot? omg! so tough! it will be too tough to get a professionally delivered shot

How brilliant, I think I will copy the concept for my own profit/loss making venture.

Set up a hair cutting booth that provides mirror, scissors and shaver but no hair-stylist.

• Have loads of fun while cutting your own, family or friend's/rival's beautiful hair
    • Feel free at ease to explore and cut without the presence of a professional hair-stylist
    • create your own signature hair trademark
    • Sing and groove to favourite tunes played from your iPhone, iTouch, iPad and other devices
    • Booth designed to be enjoyed by everyone
    • Capture memorable and lasting moments to be cherished or cried over
    • Your hair cutting adventure/disaster is captured on video and available for download
    • Limited Groupons available

Price: $8.00 for 20min session + Video download at our website. Total worth $50!

I am still looking for a capital sponsor so please do not contact me for packages yet.

If anyone wants to buy this idea from me I will only charge $1, or sing me a nice song.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    How brilliant, I think I will copy the concept for my own profit/loss making venture.

Set up a hair cutting booth that provides mirror, scissors and shaver but no hair-stylist.

• Have loads of fun while cutting your own, family or friend's/rival's beautiful hair
    • Feel free at ease to explore and cut without the presence of a professional hair-stylist
    • Sing and groove to favourite tunes played from your iPhone, iTouch, iPad and other devices
    • Your hair cutting adventure/disaster is captured on video and available for download

Price: $8.00 for 20min session + Video download at our website. Total worth $50!

I am still looking for a capital sponsor so please do not contact me for packages yet.

If anyone wants to buy this idea from me I will only charge $1, or sing me a nice song.
    la la la~ LU LU~ TI da~

ok your idea is mine now LOL

hi brother

when u got time come out shoot LF, then i buy u $1 kopi can? haha

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi brother

queue up pls!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

queue up pls!
    Errr... u put on ebay, i buy it now...

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo

[*]Have loads of fun while cutting your own, family or friend's/rival's beautiful hair[*]Feel free at ease to explore and cut without the presence of a professional hair-stylist[*]create your own signature hair trademark[*]Sing and groove to favourite tunes played from your iPhone, iTouch, iPad and other devices[*]Booth designed to be enjoyed by everyone[*]Capture memorable and lasting moments to be cherished or cried over[*]Your hair cutting adventure/disaster is captured on video and available for download[*]Limited Groupons available

Dafuq hahaha. So creative
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    la la la~ LU LU~ TI da~

ok your idea is mine now LOL
    Transaction not authorised! simi song lai eh?!

Sing.. you have to sing... not type

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi brother

Internet banking lar... I don't know when got time... lol

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Old trick. Already used by ladies who promise $10 only massage and at the end the customer is asked to pay up $300 for various so-called extras.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 18th April 2012 at 12:32 AM.

Transaction not authorised! simi song lai eh?!

Sing.. you have to sing... not type

wahaha this is the typing song!

$12 for 30 Min Self-Shot Studio Photography Session + Photo DVD (Worth $90)

I think if I receive enquires of asking me do I have promotion of studio portrait package, I'll just send them to this studio.
    This groupon deal is expensive! Passport photobooth $6 only plus comes with instant photo printing service. Farker groupon wanna charge people double!

Siao!
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Blog Entries

pricing a little low maybe just to attract interest ... suspect studio is box sized

but i think its a GREAT IDEA .... cheaper than renting a bunch of photo booths for kids to blow money for wallet sticker photos .....

fail or work we should encourage this type of entreprenural spirit
    Last edited by ed9119; 17th April 2012 at 09:10 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Its actually amazing what people can come out with in order to earn money. Kudos to their creativity.

I'm not say bad or good, for such ideal.

just want to send people who is

#1, looking for cheap cameraman,
    #2, want to shoot everything within the session*
    #3, give me all the photos, including the closed eyes/look away/smile not nice one

to this studio, so let them go and "shoot themselves" till their heart contented.

* these people are really epic, they will bring their ah gong, ah mah, ah boi, ah girl, gold fish, cat, dog, hamster plus maids, and also few luggages of clothing, toy cars, bicycle, not forgetting a long list of "want to shoot", then the mummy will be like a floor manager, screaming, yelling all her family members to get change, run in and out of the shooting area, she must be running Hungry Ghost Festival Gei Tai every year one. the camera man just need to click whenever see got people show up in the frame can liao.
    Last edited by catchlights; 17th April 2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

#3, give me all the photos, including the closed eyes/look away/smile not nice one

to this studio, so let them go and "shoot themselves" till their heart contented.

* these people are really epic, they will bring their ah gong, ah mah, ah boi, ah girl, gold fish, cat, dog, hamster plus maids, and also few luggages of clothing, toy cars, bicycle, not forgetting a long list of "want to shoot", then the mummy will be like a floor manager, screaming, yelling all her family members to get change, run in and out of the shooting area, she must be running Hungry Ghost Festival Gei Tai every year one. the camera man just need to click whenever see got people show up in the frame can liao.
    it will be fun to shoot behind the scenes in such scenario haha

Blog Entries

TRUE on every single point .... and as long as it makes profits why not ? This is all part of the little evolutions going on in the imaging world

The Pokemon and Hello Kitty photo coin slot booths were not even the first ..... the Passport Photo Booth was the first of this branch of evolution

Would this eat into the regular pro's rice bowl ? When it comes down to it.... no for so many reasons .... did lomography and polaroid or instagram kill regular photography ? No .... they just became part of evolution with their own arm of growth in photography
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast