Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 377

Thread: Availability of D800E in Singapore

  1. #41
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Care to disclose the price of your beauty?
    let me get it first.

    nothing concrete till i lay my hands on the beauty!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #42

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Care to disclose the price of your beauty?
    Quoted SGD4999.

    Handgrip for D800/E is also available btw.

  3. #43
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    behold the first D800E sold in Singapore
    officially available from today @ $4988 RRP

    NIKON Singapore is pleased to announce that the D800E sales will be starting today 24 April 2012 via our Nikon Authorised Dealers.

    About the Nikon digital-SLR D800E:
    The D800E differs from the D800 in having a differently manufactured image sensor. That sensor has its anti-aliasing properties removed, giving it more detail and resolution than any DSLR camera on the market today. However, this also means moire artifacts (coloured lines) may be produced when shooting certain subjects. Therefore, the D800E is a product aimed at certain photographers, such as landscape photographers, who are less likely to encounter moire in the kinds of subjects they shoot. Because the D800E's high detail and resolution are due to the specially manufactured sensor, the same effect cannot be achieved in software or by modifying a D800.


  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by zixaw View Post
    Quoted SGD4999.
    Inclusive gst?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,781
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    behold the first D800E sold in Singapore
    officially available from today @ $4988 RRP

    NIKON Singapore is pleased to announce that the D800E sales will be starting today 24 April 2012 via our Nikon Authorised Dealers.

    About the Nikon digital-SLR D800E:

    The D800E differs from the D800 in having a differently manufactured image sensor. That sensor has its anti-aliasing properties removed, giving it more detail and resolution than any DSLR camera on the market today. However, this also means moire artifacts (coloured lines) may be produced when shooting certain subjects. Therefore, the D800E is a product aimed at certain photographers, such as landscape photographers, who are less likely to encounter moire in the kinds of subjects they shoot. Because the D800E's high detail and resolution are due to the specially manufactured sensor, the same effect cannot be achieved in software or by modifying a D800.

    Wow!! ........ Info coming from Ortega ... all hiccups in the supply chain sorted out?
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  6. #46

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    behold the first D800E sold in Singapore
    officially available from today @ $4988 RRP

    NIKON Singapore is pleased to announce that the D800E sales will be starting today 24 April 2012 via our Nikon Authorised Dealers.

    About the Nikon digital-SLR D800E:
    The D800E differs from the D800 in having a differently manufactured image sensor. That sensor has its anti-aliasing properties removed, giving it more detail and resolution than any DSLR camera on the market today. However, this also means moire artifacts (coloured lines) may be produced when shooting certain subjects. Therefore, the D800E is a product aimed at certain photographers, such as landscape photographers, who are less likely to encounter moire in the kinds of subjects they shoot. Because the D800E's high detail and resolution are due to the specially manufactured sensor, the same effect cannot be achieved in software or by modifying a D800.

    I peed a little when I saw the boxes...

  7. #47
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Wow!! ........ Info coming from Ortega ... all hiccups in the supply chain sorted out?
    i think it is more the pent up world wide demand and limited manufacturing capacity for top end cameras in Japan.
    i heard that it should be better in May.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i think it is more the pent up world wide demand and limited manufacturing capacity for top end cameras in Japan.
    i heard that it should be better in May.
    that's good to hear, thx for the info!

  9. #49
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by yandao07 View Post
    that's good to hear, thx for the info!
    but i do not work for Nikon and my knowledge is only hearsay not official, if i get official word, i will update

  10. #50

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    TK Foto has one set also.


    Yes, still one set reaching shops. Don't think supply is worked out.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    but i do not work for Nikon and my knowledge is only hearsay not official, if i get official word, i will update
    well, i really hope that you're right -word on the supply now is pretty darn pessimistic, lolz

  12. #52
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    you also need to keep in mind that the production of D800E is not as much as the D800, so don't expect a flood of units on the shelves.
    from what i read earlier, Nikon Japan does not expect the D800E to sell as well as the D800.
    Last edited by ortega; 24th April 2012 at 05:48 PM.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    818

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Inclusive gst?
    Only body ? Any addition ?

  14. #54

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    you also need to keep in mind that the production of D800E is not as much as the D800, so don't expect a flood of units on the shelves.
    from what i read earlier, Nikon Japan does not expect the D800E to sell as well as the D800.
    agreed, but i heard from one of the shops tt nikon sg is utilizing the same allocation mechanism (i.e. 1 D800E per X orders of other nikon camera) and it is pricing out the various shops (esp smaller shop). Admittedly, a gd move by Nikon sg from a business perspective, but not so gd from a consumer perspective. Well, hope my sources are wrong on this... haha

  15. #55

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Inclusive gst?
    Correction, it's 4988. Inclusive of GST and NX2 not included.

    Vert grip is 600.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Inclusive gst?
    And can also use credit card with no surcharge.

    D800e has arrived. Wonder how many actually biting the bullet. By the way, Alan Photo has 2 units. Hope that helps ppl who wants to get it
    Last edited by Umeiko; 24th April 2012 at 08:28 PM.
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

  17. #57

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Umeiko View Post
    And can also use credit card with no surcharge.

    D800e has arrived. Wonder how many actually biting the bullet. By the way, Alan Photo has 2 units. Hope that helps ppl who wants to get it
    I will wait till the dust settled and review flowing in.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai
    While everyone is waiting... here's a teaser of things to come...

    Nikon D800-D800E First Comparison
    It was this write up that I decided to get the D800E. Will be taking some pictures this weekend.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker

    It was this write up that I decided to get the D800E. Will be taking some pictures this weekend.
    Me too : )

  20. #60

    Default Re: Availability of D800E in Singapore

    I really hope this thread contains latest contribution on the availability of D800E.

    No hard feelings. I shall too contribute "Me too. Hahaha" in my response.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •