Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

Thread: Upgrading Advice

  1. #1

    Default Upgrading Advice

    On D5000 , thought of upgrading my body.

    What can you recommend ?

    D90, D800 , d300 , d7000 ?

    Based on performance, image quality and etc.

  2. #2
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    I upgraded to d7k from d5k becuz of the BIM, weather sealing, larger view finder, higher resolution, better high iso performance, more buttons to press's etc xD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  3. #3
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    But before you upgrade u need to ask yourself "why should I?"
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  4. #4

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I upgraded to d7k from d5k becuz of the BIM, weather sealing, larger view finder, higher resolution, better high iso performance, more buttons to press's etc xD
    apparently your reason is the same as mine

  5. #5
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Haha I see. But my recommendation is to hold your purchase for awhile. From what I know, stocks for d7k are still kinda low, so prices will be high
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Haha I see. But my recommendation is to hold your purchase for awhile. From what I know, stocks for d7k are still kinda low, so prices will be high
    how much did you sell your d5k for ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,335

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    On D5000 , thought of upgrading my body.

    What can you recommend ?

    D90, D800 , d300 , d7000 ?

    Based on performance, image quality and etc.
    I think this body answers all your questions... performance, image quality and etc...

    Nikon announces D4 'multi-media' DSLR: Digital Photography Review


  8. #8
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    400. Incl 2 batt, 1 batt grip, kit lens and all accessories. But even at that price it's hard to find willing buyers. Check BnS for more accurate pricing
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  9. #9
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin

    I think this body answers all your questions... performance, image quality and etc...

    Nikon announces D4 'multi-media' DSLR: Digital Photography Review

    Hahahahahha baskett.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  10. #10

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    For amateurs (not referring to skill, just people who do photography not as a job), there is usually not much of a reason to upgrade, because any upgrade is just a liability since it doesn't make you money.

    That said, upgrading does give one the joy and motivation to shoot. For me I'd say that the D300 isn't worth it now. I'd go for the D7000. The D90 has the same sensor as the D5000, and if the sensor wasn't that old I'd upgrade to it (which I did). Right now imo the D7000 makes much more sense. It'll keep you from upgrading for a longer while

  11. #11
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    If you have cash to burn to upgrade to the top(D4) then you will not have to worry for another 5+ years xD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  12. #12

    Default

    D7000, D300s, D800, D4. But the best your wallet can handle. And don't look back.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    D7000, D300s, D800, D4. But the best your wallet can handle. And don't look back.
    Wrong advice. Always look backwards before any purchase, to check if your gf/wife is there.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam

    Wrong advice. Always look backwards before any purchase, to check if your gf/wife is there.
    Haha! Smart man!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  15. #15
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow

    Haha! Smart man!
    Buy first look later xD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  16. #16
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    Since TS had included the D800 in his choice, I think he should get the D800. Whats the point of upgrading from a cropped sensor camera to another cropped sensor camera. Just go FF already.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  17. #17
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123
    Since TS had included the D800 in his choice, I think he should get the D800. Whats the point of upgrading from a cropped sensor camera to another cropped sensor camera. Just go FF already.
    TS is rich
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  18. #18

    Default Re: Upgrading Advice

    no la me not rich .

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes

    Buy first look later xD
    To quote a famous line from a guy I know:

    Hoot First! Talk later!
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  20. #20
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

    To quote a famous line from a guy I know:

    Hoot First! Talk later!
    Trololol. Nice. That guy must be a wiseman xD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •