Thread: fireworks at ndp2002 preview

Red face fireworks at ndp2002 preview

my first fireworks shots. was expecting a higher fireworks, it happens so fast almost forgot my cam can zoom in! ended up using the same settings for all the shots! hope the actual day got more fireworks than the preview!

Shutter speed: 2 sec
    Aperture: 5.6
    Exposure mode: Manual
    Flash: Off
    Metering mode: Multi-segment
    ISO: 100
    Focal length: 7.0 mm
    No cropping was done

Multiple exposure on PS

thanks!

woh! very well shot.

is all these capture next to the condominium area?

the last one is great

the last shot best...

Yup, the last one is nice...

2nd that, last shot best.

thanks thanks! for all ur comments...

I like the last shot the best
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Would be better if you crop off the blank sky on the top of the 1st few shots.

Regards
    CK

megaweb,siewsphone, ckiang thanks! noted that. I actually wanted to crop it but I just want to show what I expected(a higher fireworks) Yeah cropping it will make it a landscape which will show most of the fireworks.

need your help/advice on two of my overexposed shots below. would it be ok if I adjust the F-number to a higher value? or any other settings which I need to take note off? thanks!

both setting:
    No cropping was done
    Last edited by luisg; 28th July 2002 at 09:14 PM.

gorgeous!

Originally posted by luisg
    need your help/advice on two of my overexposed shots below. would it be ok if I adjust the F-number to a higher value? or any other settings which I need to take note off? thanks!

both setting:
    No cropping was done

For ISO 100, the recommended aperture setting is f/8 or f/11. That's is why at f/5.6, your fireworks are washed-out. Do try smaller apertures (higher values) if you are shooting again on the actual day.

Happy shooting!

Originally posted by luisg
    megaweb,siewsphone, ckiang thanks! noted that. I actually wanted to crop it but I just want to show what I expected(a higher fireworks) Yeah cropping it will make it a landscape which will show most of the fireworks.

As bean said, a smaller aperture would help, as is a shorter exposure time. Things like that are pretty common when shooting fireworks and I have my fair share of them.

The other technique you can try is to open up your aperture to the maximum, then use a shorter shutter speed e.g. 1/15s. This will give a different look to the fireworks (much like what you see on the spot) consisting of short "dots" instead of lines. This tip was given to me by the lab I go to, but I have yet to try it.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

As bean said, a smaller aperture would help, as is a shorter exposure time. Things like that are pretty common when shooting fireworks and I have my fair share of them.

The other technique you can try is to open up your aperture to the maximum, then use a shorter shutter speed e.g. 1/15s. This will give a different look to the fireworks (much like what you see on the spot) consisting of short "dots" instead of lines. This tip was given to me by the lab I go to, but I have yet to try it.

Regards
    CK
    thanks for the tip!