Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When it comes to auto-focus problems... theres 4 types of people.

Default Re: When it comes to auto-focus problems... theres 4 types of people.

I said never had a problem. That means they are both good.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanhan View Post
    food can anyhow eat. words cannot anyhow say.
    Food can't be eaten anyhow. you might just get diarrhea

What about people like me, who want accurate autofocus without going through the pain of matching lenses, af adjustment etc, and who also like to use their lenses wide open?

Maybe the solution is m4/3rds?

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh
    What about people like me, who want accurate autofocus without going through the pain of matching lenses, af adjustment etc, and who also like to use their lenses wide open?

AF cannot be always 100% accurate and wide open will usually cause some image softness
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post

So far, no AF system can claim to be 100% accurate. Want 100% accuracy? Shoot using manual focus.....

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    So far, no AF system can claim to be 100% accurate. Want 100% accuracy? Shoot using manual focus.....
    still sometimes your eyes might play tricks on you. thankfully there's Focus Peaking on the NEX and SLT cameras

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    I am truly sorry to have to bring this up bro' but be careful with your words ...... u just recently got into an incident regarding Nikon Professional Services and seem to have jumped over to Canon .... are u now saying Canon lenses have lower manufacturing quality standards ?
    Hi ed I don't mind u bringing up e past so np. Regards to my statement it's about canon users being copy obsessed and believing canon to have more variations than other brands. Though in all honesty I see little diff in the average freq of problems in c/n. its the mentality of the user group. Which brand doesn't have occasional issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    still sometimes your eyes might play tricks on you. thankfully there's Focus Peaking on the NEX and SLT cameras
    Not forgetting the MF assist that allow you to zoom in on the LCD screen

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    AF cannot be always 100% accurate and wide open will usually cause some image softness
    This is true in general. However, CDAF is generally quite accurate, and there is no need (and no way!) to adjust. As for image softness wide open - this can be solved by using $$$ to buy lenses that are sharp wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post
    This is true in general. However, CDAF is generally quite accurate, and there is no need (and no way!) to adjust. As for image softness wide open - this can be solved by using $$$ to buy lenses that are sharp wide open.
    CDAF will suffer more in low-light or low-contrast situations compared to PDAF.

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Phase

May be centre AF focus is almost perfect but still never perfect in Today Technology (i.e. 100%).
    Their others AF focus points (left outermost corners, right outermost corners) usually CANNOT made it if use to lock focus using very big aperature (below F2) with low contrast/ thin-line. you will bound to have to adjust the lens alignment value. But, it will be difference values since it depends on the focal distance that is taken/ the aperature that is taken/ focal length used / etc. Assuming that line of focus as centre: i.e. top/ bottom from the centre will be equal (Actual fact, ...false).

Wish the Manufacturer would come out 2LCD displays:
    1 LCD display for the MAIN overall-view that the subject-image to be taken (Big area AF focus select which can be any way) and the other LCD display will focus the selected target area with enlarge view by 200%/ 400%/ 800% (normal-square/fine-square/superfine-square AF focus select) until clear/sharp {the camera body will take care of this- Auto/Semi-auto/etc} ... .. Look like the way the manual focus procedure ... ... ... {the camera body could provide highlight on AF being focused-realtime will even better}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12