Thread: Was lost, but found.

Lightbulb Was lost, but found.

Kaye Patino was lost, but found. Who took her in? a 76 yo female who ekes out a living selling tissues. She stays in a one room flat.

A timely lesson for all of us this Christmas. Not at all well-to-do, but she has a heart of gold. She shared with Kaye what she has.

read abt it... really warms ur heart . i think i shall go down to orchard and buy tissue from her!

read today chinese newspaper n found out that the kind old lady actually had a sad past

I think this episode is quite incredible. instead of all the sobbing, relief and all, someone should really teach the little girl a lesson about running away and being so irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinghippo
    I think this episode is quite incredible. instead of all the sobbing, relief and all, someone should really teach the little girl a lesson about running away and being so irresponsible.
    Interesting and valid viewpoint.

Lightbulb

i think she has learnt her lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i think she has learnt her lesson.

ahhhh that's the thing that's really interesting, cuz acc. to the newspapers when they interviewed the girl, she said she won't do it again... the reason??? cuz pple now recognise her and she was SHY to go out of her home. nothing of the "I'm sorry I caused mummy so much heart ache, sorry I made gazilion police and volunteers comb s'pore fretting about her, etc" it was cuz she was shy to go out now. sigh... but I guess its a blessing she was fine in the end anyway. now who said only boys were naughty? heh.

this incident shows how lax is SMRT in their security.
    a little girl can go almost around singapore without an ezlink card.....
    Nikon D5000, D70; Nikon 18-55, 18-70, 70-300; Sigma 18-250, 50-500.

Lightbulb

ahhhh that's the thing that's really interesting, cuz acc. to the newspapers when they interviewed the girl, she said she won't do it again... the reason??? cuz pple now recognise her and she was SHY to go out of her home. nothing of the "I'm sorry I caused mummy so much heart ache, sorry I made gazilion police and volunteers comb s'pore fretting about her, etc" it was cuz she was shy to go out now. sigh... but I guess its a blessing she was fine in the end anyway. now who said only boys were naughty? heh.
    we made and will continue to make mistakes in our life, some big ones, others small. let not talk a 9 yo, even adults make major blunders in life too.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by coldman
    now the stations in question had recordings of her movements. an improvement over the past when the cameras were for surveillance only.

Quote Originally Posted by coldman
    You probably meant SBS Transit. She took the North-east line.

What bothers me is that if a similar incident happens to someone else - will people take it lightly and think its another case of crying wolf again?

we made and will continue to make mistakes in our life, some big ones, others small. let not talk a 9 yo, even adults make major blunders in life too.
    ah, but a 9 yr old is impressionable and at a stage in their life where their developement is important.

children at this age need to learn the right values in order to have the right tools so as not to make bigger mistakes as adults.

it's not about whether a 9 yr old or an adult is entitled to make mistakes. it's about learning from the mistakes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    ah, but a 9 yr old is impressionable and at a stage in their life where their developement is important.

children at this age need to learn the right values in order to have the right tools so as not to make bigger mistakes as adults.

it's not about whether a 9 yr old or an adult is entitled to make mistakes. it's about learning from the mistakes.
    making mistakes in life is part of life. no entitlement required.

whether one learns from mistakes made will depend on individuals.

that's the thing I"m trying to touch on. it appears from the media coverage that the learning from her mistake part was not enforced nor did she appear to learn from her mistake. I agree its a mistake and can't be helped but one should at least recognise that and learn from it, or rather the mother should at least drum it into her that its a very very wrong thing she did, but it appears from the girl's remark that she didnt' learn at all? I wonder if when they shift to UK (if I rem correctly) where pple won't recognise the girl, would she pull the same stunt again and run off?

Lightbulb

that's the thing I"m trying to touch on. it appears from the media coverage that the learning from her mistake part was not enforced nor did she appear to learn from her mistake. I agree its a mistake and can't be helped but one should at least recognise that and learn from it, or rather the mother should at least drum it into her that its a very very wrong thing she did, but it appears from the girl's remark that she didnt' learn at all? I wonder if when they shift to UK (if I rem correctly) where pple won't recognise the girl, would she pull the same stunt again and run off?
    we cannot make judgement based solely on what the media reports on. usually, a lot of stuff are not reported for whatever reasons. any lesson/s to be learnt may be dished out by the family and/or the police. even if it is not reported on or about does not mean it did not take place.

we cannot make judgement based solely on what the media reports on. usually, a lot of stuff are not reported for whatever reasons. any lesson/s to be learnt may be dished out by the family and/or the police. even if it is not reported on or about does not mean it did not take place.
    That's a good point. I agree with you. I really hope the police and her mum really do teach her properly once the hoo-haa fades away!