Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Firework shots

Jerome
    Guests

[QUOTE]Originally posted by megaweb
    [B]Thanks for the compliment comments expecting critique comment like overexposed ...

Yah, that was what I was going to post as a reply actually. All the shots were overexposed. You can tell by the muddy colors in the sky and water. But b4 I get flammed, I must say it's the effort you put to take those shots that matters and that's where the compliments come in. You can't really expect much from the mundane scene as I believe the sky and water would be very dark while the fireworks and lightings from the buildings were bright. One reason why I never go shoot the NDP fireworks anymore. But it should be a good try and learning experience for first-timers.

I think perhaps aperture be close down to say F11/F16 may procude a finer firework trail and to prevent over exposure since most of the fireworks cluster together.

I shot most of my National Preview firework on 20/7/02 using F16 at 5s, and all most of them came out very fine and sharp.

This is what I prefer.

Btw anyone kind enough to borrow me a film scanner for me to scan my slide ?
    Last edited by hagenuk; 30th July 2002 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks to Jerome and hagenuk for the critique comment

I think I will go back to the same spot to try again. This time I will take slides using my EOS 30 + EF 28-105mm lens. I will use the settings like f/16 and 3-5 sec.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Supershots!

/me salute to megaweb

shots 5, 6 and 10 looks kinda of burnt out. maybe set ur aperture to f/11 or f/16.

i was using f/11 on ISO 200 rated +1/3EV. waiting for a free day to go down to lab and develop.

Originally posted by mervlam
    shots 5, 6 and 10 looks kinda of burnt out. maybe set ur aperture to f/11 or f/16.

i was using f/11 on ISO 200 rated +1/3EV. waiting for a free day to go down to lab and develop.
    Huh? What's the idea of ISO 200 rated +1/3EV when you are shooting BULB mode?

Regards
    CK

film is quite grainy. besides that point, it will be easier for the developer to print the photos if it's slightly overexposed (darker prints tend to look more saturated and colourful, at least that's what they told me).
    Last edited by mervlam; 29th July 2002 at 05:40 PM.

thinking back... why +1/3EV at bulb mode? maybe it's a habit of mine to +1/3EV for all negatives.

hey...nice shots u have...very good...nth more to say...

btw...i wanna know how to take them...it's kinda diff using a manual cam....i'm using a OM-1N....den it's exposure setting is difficult to use esp. if u are in bulb mode....where the exposure metering doesnt tell u whether the shot is over or under exposed....there's no AP or TV mode...so i'm like stuck....pls advice me...kinda inspired by the shots taken...done quite well...

pls help..

Question: Why use center weighted average??

Maybe you can try taking using protraits instead of landscape at the later stages of the fireworks (Photos 7 to 10)!

Just an opinion.

Midnight
    Guests

Originally posted by Bean
    Maybe you can try taking using protraits instead of landscape at the later stages of the fireworks (Photos 7 to 10)!
    Good way to train up your agility too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12