Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: E-W line SMRT breakdown @ about 1930h? (13 April Friday)

Default Re: E-W line SMRT breakdown @ about 1930h? (13 April Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by snappy55 View Post
    Expect the ESM Goh to tick off Singaporeans again, scolding us that we did not take things in stride (like the Japanese did at Fukushima after the tsunami) .... where is he now hah, anybody knows ? Maybe scooted off to savor the Swiss standard of living that he promised us, but now just enjoying it on his own.
    you might want to take note of the high taxes and cost of living

enjoying? don't think so

There was another break down today but it's the LRT this time round....between Bt Panjang and Senja. From Temasek review.

and people only thought that you can only spot people walking on the tracks in 3rd world countries with poor rail transit systems

Looking at the pics in detail, you can spot aunties carry quite a number of plastic bags (grocery shopping or stuff from neighbourhood mall). Luckily it wasn't really raining yesterday! (Cat 1 and all that stuff) Else see how SMRT answers this during an incident with inclement weather and folks stomp this.

SINGAPORE: The Bukit Panjang Light Rapid Transit (LRT) service was disrupted on Sunday afternoon due to a train fault between Bukit Panjang and Senja stations.

The disruption occurred at 4.45pm and affected Services A and C.

Operator SMRT said one train running Service A -- which starts and ends at Choa Chu Kang station via Senja station -- stalled before it entered Senja station.

There were 11 passengers on board then.

SMRT said within five minutes, its staff attended to the affected passengers, while the air-conditioning and lights remained on throughout.

Accompanied by staff, the passengers left the train and walked on a 1.5-metre-wide emergency walkway for about 150 metres to Senja station.

SMRT said the walkway is safe and is regularly used by its staff for maintenance work.

Passengers on board another affected train were detrained at Bukit Panjang, so that the train could be used to push out the stalled train.

Service C departs and terminates at Ten Mile Junction station via Bukit Panjang and Senja stations.

SMRT said announcements were made at all LRT stations in English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil. It also gave information via Twitter, to update commuters throughout the incident.

Staff members were deployed at affected stations to assist passengers.

Service A was restored two-and-a-half hours later.

SMRT has apologised for the inconvenience caused.

- CNA/wk

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Looking at the pics in detail, you can spot aunties carry quite a number of plastic bags (grocery shopping or stuff from neighbourhood mall). Luckily it wasn't really raining yesterday! (Cat 1 and all that stuff) Else see how SMRT answers this during an incident with inclement weather and folks stomp this.
    wonder what if someone walk off the track and land on the ground.. until that day, citizen just have to bite your teeth and bear with the nonsense..

Frankly in daytime and fine weather it's ok lah. Just haven't come to the point when it happens at night and after rain.....

Walking in the tunnel is much worse from what i heard, hot and pretty dark and all (eyes not yet dark adapted when you emerged from the bright cabin), can easily trip on the wooden timbers.

Another crappy day! Train stuck at Lakeside for 10 mins already, and an announcement was made: train will be delayed for 20 mins!

WTH is wrong with SMRT??
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Double post
    Last edited by yrh0413; 10th May 2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    Another crappy day! Train stuck at Lakeside for 10 mins already, and an announcement was made: train will be delayed for 20 mins!

WTH is wrong with SMRT??
    if you all late for work, tell your boss not your fault lor. ask your boss to read the paper, train always down one...
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    if you all late for work, tell your boss not your fault lor. ask your boss to read the paper, train always down one...
    i told boss this morning... the problem is.. i keep telling him, and i feel pai say also... he ride a bike, so he do not know the situation..

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100

i told boss this morning... the problem is.. i keep telling him, and i feel pai say also... he ride a bike, so he do not know the situation..
    Pardon me. That's YOUR viewpoint. I ride a bike too and traffic is just ridiculous. Not because the roads are too small, but because there are so many terrible drivers on the road. Singaporeans in general are poor drivers. They tailgate, speed, cut lanes without checking the left or right sides and so on. This makes it a pain everyday.

So don't just blame the service provider, whomever it might be. Look at the other side of the fence too

Don't think for a moment that bikers don't understand your pain. Try riding a motorcycle for a week and let me know how it feels, I dare you

LOL got feeling that most will be used to it already,,,,
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

Pardon me. That's YOUR viewpoint. I ride a bike too and traffic is just ridiculous. Not because the roads are too small, but because there are so many terrible drivers on the road. Singaporeans in general are poor drivers. They tailgate, speed, cut lanes without checking the left or right sides and so on. This makes it a pain everyday.

So don't just blame the service provider, whomever it might be. Look at the other side of the fence too

Don't think for a moment that bikers don't understand your pain. Try riding a motorcycle for a week and let me know how it feels, I dare you
    Hello... U bad mood today ah? Cool down lah ... Whats wrong with u?

actually i scare bikers..... sometimes really cannot see them...... one even disappear from my rear mirror when i look in front after saw him from mirror, check left right also dun have, then suddenly come out from my left.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Train always break down..
    Taxi so ex...peak hour so long weekend oso peak hour..
    buying a car is even worst gotta pay 90+K for a piece of stupid paper...
    now what? i guess the only way is to return to the past, either walk or cycle lol....

use gothere.sg
    or google map on smart phone to plot alternate transport arrangement loh.
    but the flow-over crowd from the MRT would affect the other modes of transport
    Don't Snap like a child, Don't shoot like a tourist !

SMRT planned to halt service for checks but LTA wanted it to resume: ex-CEO Saw

SMRT planned to halt service for checks but LTA wanted it to resume ex-CEO Saw - Channel NewsAsia

haha so the culprit is..........

羊毛出在羊身上

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast