Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E-W line SMRT breakdown @ about 1930h? (13 April Friday)

Default Re: E-W line SMRT breakdown @ about 1930h? (13 April Friday)

前言: 华人首富李嘉诚不久前接受央视《面对面》节目专访时直言:"富贵两个字,不是连在一起的。这句话可能得罪了 人,但是其实有不少人富而不贵。 李嘉诚坦言,衡量财富的准则,在于内心的富贵。他认为,真正的富贵是要懂得用自己得来的金钱,对社会尽 一点义务和责任.李嘉诚还特别引用中国哲学家的观念来加以说明:贵为天子,未必是贵;但是,贱如匹夫,不 为贱也。关键是看你的一生所做的事,所讲话,怎样对人对事。他还说:对其他需要帮助的人有所贡献,这便 是内心的财富。这个才是真财富,因为金钱的财富,你今天可能涨了,身价高很多,明天掉下去,可能一夜之间, 减少一半,这种例子有的是。只有你做些让世人得益的事,这才是真财富,任何人拿不走。

src: 𲻻 - γϣܶ˸ - Ѷ - Qzone

we need more millionaires like that, who are 又富又贵

lazy to read leh :x

read at home lah.. haha.. or ask your gf to read to u

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    read at home lah.. haha.. or ask your gf to read to u
    her chinese poorer then mine :x

前言: 华人首富李嘉诚不久前接受央视《面对面》节目专访时直言:"富贵两个字,不是连在一起的。这句话可能得罪了 人,但是其实有不少人富而不贵。” 李嘉诚坦言,衡量财富的准则,在于“内心的富贵”。他认为,真正的富贵是要懂得用自己得来的金钱,对社会尽 一点义务和责任.李嘉诚还特别引用中国哲学家的观念来加以说明:“贵为天子,未必是贵;但是,贱如匹夫,不 为贱也。关键是看你的一生所做的事,所讲话,怎样对人对事。”他还说:“对其他需要帮助的人有所贡献,这便 是内心的财富。这个才是真财富,因为金钱的财富,你今天可能涨了,身价高很多,明天掉下去,可能一夜之间, 减少一半,这种例子有的是。只有你做些让世人得益的事,这才是真财富,任何人拿不走。”

src: 𲻻 - γϣܶ˸ - Ѷ - Qzone

we need more millionaires like that, who are 又富又贵
    Google Translate! no more excuses that you're lazy

Introduction: Chinese richest man Li Ka-shing recently accepted CCTV "Face to Face" program interview bluntly: "rich word, not even with these words might have offended people, but in fact there are a lot of people rich but not expensive." Li Ka-shingfrankly, to measure the wealth of the guidelines is the "inner wealth". He believes that real wealth is to know how to use the money obtained to make some of the obligations and responsibilities to society. Li Ka-shing to illustrate particular reference to the concept of the Chinese philosopher: "expensive for the emperor, is not necessarily expensive; but, cheap, such as every man, is not cheap. key is done in your life, speech, and how Duirenduishi. "He added:" other people who need help to contribute to, which is the inner wealth. this is the real wealth, because of the wealth of money, you may rise, the value is much higher, fell off tomorrow, probably overnight, reduced by half, this example some only do you do to benefit the people of the world things, this is the real wealth of any man take away. "

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Google Translate! no more excuses that you're lazy
    Introduction: Chinese richest man Li Ka-shing recently accepted CCTV "Face to Face" program interview bluntly: "rich word, not even with these words might have offended people, but in fact there are a lot of people rich but not expensive." Li Ka-shingfrankly, to measure the wealth of the guidelines is the "inner wealth". He believes that real wealth is to know how to use the money obtained to make some of the obligations and responsibilities to society. Li Ka-shing to illustrate particular reference to the concept of the Chinese philosopher: "expensive for the emperor, is not necessarily expensive; but, cheap, such as every man, is not cheap. key is done in your life, speech, and how Duirenduishi. "He added:" other people who need help to contribute to, which is the inner wealth. this is the real wealth, because of the wealth of money, you may rise, the value is much higher, fell off tomorrow, probably overnight, reduced by half, this example some only do you do to benefit the people of the world things, this is the real wealth of any man take away. "
    Time to contribute your D800 to this poor forumite

Yeah correct, colleagues also said Lakeside + Chi garden this morning kena.

taxi taxi all the way!!!!

take train also late might as well take taxi!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Time to contribute your D800 to this poor forumite
    i have a D800???

What I am afraid is that all these new issues cropping up in big Singapore companies like SMRT / SingTel / etc is really a precursor to even BIGGER problems facing SG in the future.

And seriously, it's not due to the SMRT staff at all esp at the ground level.

Meanwhile, do have a backup plan for you and your family. It's very sad and negative to think this way but well if you don't prepare for it then.....it's a very practical world nowadays.
    Last edited by 2100; 18th April 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Check out all the Straits Times reports etc.... (and I hope everything is being reported)

We are already failing the Population stress test pathetically, one after another....

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    What I am afraid is that all these new issues cropping up in big Singapore companies like SMRT / SingTel / etc is really a precursor to even BIGGER problems facing SG in the future.

And seriously, it's not due to the SMRT staff at all esp at the ground level.

Meanwhile, do have a backup plan for you and your family. It's very sad and negative to think this way but well if you don't prepare for it then.....it's a very practical world nowadays.
    I think likewise. I guess someyhing bigger will happen, after layers of complacency.. Mas selemat great limping escape is one big one

Circle line got problem just now. Have to take bus to work.. Zzzzz

Circle line got problem just now. Have to take bus to work.. Zzzzz
    ya, there is a report on by TODAY that said 3 bridging buses drivers cannot take passengers because they are not told where to go? !!!! frustrated commuters have to take cabs instead!

i propose free cabs next time, at least the commuters know where they want to go and can tell the cab drivers. smart right?

ya, there is a report on by TODAY that said 3 bridging buses drivers cannot take passengers because they are not told where to go? !!!! frustrated commuters have to take cabs instead!

i propose free cabs next time, at least the commuters know where they want to go and can tell the cab drivers. smart right?
    So is it your fault this time ?
    Please drive me to work.. LoL
    but srsly.. these disruptions is getting annoying..
    Last edited by hanzohattori; 18th April 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: grammar check.. lol

Is the SMRT Circle Line back up yet? Still down when i checked at 10+.

So is it your fault this time ?
    Please drive me to work.. LoL
    but srsly.. these disruptions is getting annoying..
    ya, it must be my fault again i think..

i don't have money to take cab myself leh... here everything so expensive.. one small pigeon hole so expensive.. cpf $ cannot take out... i am clueless on how to handle these? but i believe things will be better if more than one party rules.. now only LL

ya, it must be my fault again i think..

i don't have money to take cab myself leh... here everything so expensive.. one small pigeon hole so expensive.. cpf $ cannot take out... i am clueless on how to handle these? but i believe things will be better if more than one party rules.. now only LL
    two party rule has shown to be pretty disruptive. so i doubt that'll be the case in Singapore. i don't have to state case studies to prove this point right?

but lucky for me, today's traffic was pretty smooth

Expect the ESM Goh to tick off Singaporeans again, scolding us that we did not take things in stride (like the Japanese did at Fukushima after the tsunami) .... where is he now hah, anybody knows ? Maybe scooted off to savor the Swiss standard of living that he promised us, but now just enjoying it on his own.

GOOD NEWS!!!

SMRT now issues excuse slips.. as good as MC I'd say..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast