Thread: re: enquiry from a newbie

Default re: enquiry from a newbie

Hi,
    I am thinking of upgrading from my LX5 to a G3 or GX1. Which will be a better choice?

Default Re: enquiry from a newbie

What are you looking for?
    I jump into dslr and I never look back unless I am looking for something that is light like your lx5

Quote Originally Posted by noraa80 View Post
    What are you looking for?
    I jump into dslr and I never look back unless I am looking for something that is light like your lx5
    weight and size is a issue for me, so dslr is not quite suitable for me. but i am still looking for image quality better than my lx5

Either the GX1 or G3 will be much better than the LX5 or other compacts, equivalent to a Canon 600D or Nikon D5100.

The GX1 does not have a built-in viewfinder, like the LX5, so can be difficult to see the LCD in bright sunlight, and not much larger than a LX5. There's an optional viewfinder for abt $350. The G3 has a built in finder but less compact than the GX1. The G3 is about $800 while the GX1 is a bit more, but without the viewfinder. IQ about the same.

Which one is suitable for you very much depends what your expectations of a camera are. I have the GX1 because I prefer the small size but I also have a GH1 when I want to shoot with long lenses and need the VF.

Does anyone know where to get a red G3. My wife request for red colour

Quote Originally Posted by a6m532 View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a red G3. My wife request for red colour

is it not selling on the market?

has been asking around, cant find yet