Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1159

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

  1. #221

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Got the DA15 because of the starburst...but now..it can do sunburst as well

    taken with k-01 with DA 15 @ f20 and CPL





    non sunburst but still my one of my fav pic after the b&w conversion


  2. #222

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    did you went on fri night? i was there on fri night as well

    taken with k-01 and DA*50-135



    Hey i was there but did not catch the band that you take above..anw very nicely done again,i am trying out to shoot but end up with the pictures under exposure again..how did you even get such nice pictures!! can give some tips and mind sharing what exposure settings are the pictures taken?

  3. #223

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Hey i was there but did not catch the band that you take above..anw very nicely done again,i am trying out to shoot but end up with the pictures under exposure again..how did you even get such nice pictures!! can give some tips and mind sharing what exposure settings are the pictures taken?
    i was there ard 9pm

    for the above 2 pics..both are taken with DA*50-135 at f2.8, 1/125 and iso 3200..i prefer to shoot manual for such outdoor concert as the lighting condition can change very fast...if needed then i will push up the exposure slightly during pp..for those really underexposed pics..i just delete them...at beginning of shooting..i will usually test the shutter speed..for last night..as i was using k-01 and so i keep my shutter speed to at least 1/125 coz any slower..it will be hard to hand held the 50-135..

    another trick is to wait for the singer to pause then quickly take a few shot..be prepared to miss quite alot of shots but good thing is that we shoot for fun so no pressure to deliver tons of pics

    actually the 2nd pic is off focus but guess its hard to tell when on web

  4. #224

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    i was there ard 9pm

    for the above 2 pics..both are taken with DA*50-135 at f2.8, 1/125 and iso 3200..i prefer to shoot manual for such outdoor concert as the lighting condition can change very fast...if needed then i will push up the exposure slightly during pp..for those really underexposed pics..i just delete them...at beginning of shooting..i will usually test the shutter speed..for last night..as i was using k-01 and so i keep my shutter speed to at least 1/125 coz any slower..it will be hard to hand held the 50-135..

    another trick is to wait for the singer to pause then quickly take a few shot..be prepared to miss quite alot of shots but good thing is that we shoot for fun so no pressure to deliver tons of pics

    actually the 2nd pic is off focus but guess its hard to tell when on web
    Hi,now i know why,my picture shoot with super takumar 55mm at f1.8,1/125 and iso 1250 only but partly cause i am using k7 which have iso issues,alot of noise if up the iso so i am not very willing to up the iso so i guess very underexposured..i actually would like to take those pic when the musicians are enjoying the music they are performing so confirm they will be moving alot and also i am using manual lens to take so need to practice more i guess

  5. #225
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    As usual, you have alot of nice shots.. Well done!!!
    Thanks bro.

  6. #226
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    In the earlier thread have posted this bird before.
    Found that I've shot this bird under different lighting. This shot was with the sun direct at the bird, hence a darker background.

    Explored today..

    (Explored) Hodgson's Hawk-Cuckoo #6 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

  7. #227

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Went to Haagen-Dazs for Pre Monther Day Ice-ream Party n shot this free style street photograph


    Thks for viewing
    Last edited by supermeng; 13th May 2012 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #228

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Went to chinatown expecting some pentaxian there but did not see any..
    First time trying street photography,do comment and help me improve,thanks

    Black and White Friendship


    Where's my customer?No one?


    This one seem nice out of the bunch
    Last edited by Iittoo; 13th May 2012 at 11:09 PM.

  9. #229

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Went to chinatown expecting some pentaxian there but did not see any..
    First time trying street photography,do comment and help me improve,thanks

    Black and White Friendship


    Where's my customer?No one?
    Just my few cents :
    1. Focus - look out for focus, it does not need to be tack sharp, but it should not look too OOF.
    2. Crop to further focus on the subject and emphasize the story. IMO, there is a bit too much room left on top for the 2 shots.
    3. Exposure - even if its out, it should be correctable via post process

    2 things give sharpness. Contrast (apparent sharpness) and sharpness. Look out for it.
    Eg.
    contrasting colored subject and bkgnd
    contrasting exposed subject and bkgnd
    dimensional lighting (eg. side light; 45deg light, etc)
    actually nailing the focus

  10. #230

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Just my few cents :
    1. Focus - look out for focus, it does not need to be tack sharp, but it should not look too OOF.
    2. Crop to further focus on the subject and emphasize the story. IMO, there is a bit too much room left on top for the 2 shots.
    3. Exposure - even if its out, it should be correctable via post process

    2 things give sharpness. Contrast (apparent sharpness) and sharpness. Look out for it.
    Eg.
    contrasting colored subject and bkgnd
    contrasting exposed subject and bkgnd
    dimensional lighting (eg. side light; 45deg light, etc)
    actually nailing the focus
    Hi,i am not sure why i manual focus already look the sharpest but it seemed like it is not very sharp afterall,the camera also give me the green sign that it is in focus and from what i am seeing on the focus screen is sharp..any tips to do manual focus properly? using super tak 55 f1.8

  11. #231

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    just to share more so that i can know what to take note next time,taken at chinatown as well

    Taxi???


    Praying


    Which neckle look nicer?




    Last from this set

    It's mother day but where my mama??
    Last edited by Iittoo; 13th May 2012 at 11:12 PM.

  12. #232

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    In the earlier thread have posted this bird before.
    Found that I've shot this bird under different lighting. This shot was with the sun direct at the bird, hence a darker background.

    Explored today..

    (Explored) Hodgson's Hawk-Cuckoo #6 by kengoh8888, on Flickr
    This is a rare catch lol. nice one Ken

    Here is what i have shot today in diary farm reserve
    K5+F*300+X1.7TC


    IMGP3035 by trowa05, on Flickr


    IMGP3093 by trowa05, on Flickr


    IMGP3044 by trowa05, on Flickr

  13. #233
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by trowa77 View Post
    This is a rare catch lol. nice one Ken

    Here is what i have shot today in diary farm reserve
    K5+F*300+X1.7TC


    IMGP3044 by trowa05, on Flickr
    Thanks Toh.
    This pics is a nice one, just a bit over, else perfect.

  14. #234
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by littoo View Post
    just to share more so that i can know what to take note next time,taken at chinatown as well

    Praying


    Last from this set

    It's mother day but where my mama??
    Hi Iittoo, my 2 cts.

    The Praying pic looks over-exposed, some details were lost in the lady's face. The palm and the face all blend into 1.
    The last pic looks a bit under exposed, but can be fixed thru PP, as JK has mentioned, there's too much room left on top.

  15. #235

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Hi Iittoo, my 2 cts.

    The Praying pic looks over-exposed, some details were lost in the lady's face. The palm and the face all blend into 1.
    The last pic looks a bit under exposed, but can be fixed thru PP, as JK has mentioned, there's too much room left on top.
    Yup,will try to get better pictures,still alot to learn..i did not do any PP for the pictures,will try to do some touch up but anyway..i am curious about somethings,can it be because i shoot with f1.8 fully for all these shots that make the DOP to be very shallow then look underexposed and also quite OOF? as i find myself to be using f1.8 to focus as if stop down abit too dark for viewfinder to manual then i usually just shoot when in focus without stopping down

  16. #236

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    at f1.8..the DOF could be too shallow as you mentioned..did you use the center point to focus then recompose? For the lady praying pic, i tot the back ground looks more in focus..sometimes the green beep can be misleading because the focus area is bigger than we think..so it could be focusing on the wrong subject...for eg for the last set of esplanade outdoor pic i took, i realise that even with a lens with auto focus..the cam is focusing on the mic in front of the singer rather than the singer himself

    if you are using the default focusing screen..its not easy to focus with manual lens..better to use live view with manual lens especially if you are new to manual lenses..

    btw do you have the kit lens with you? maybe can try using that first so that you have 1 less issue to worry (focusing with manual lens) when you first start taking pics

  17. #237

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    at f1.8..the DOF could be too shallow as you mentioned..did you use the center point to focus then recompose? For the lady praying pic, i tot the back ground looks more in focus..sometimes the green beep can be misleading because the focus area is bigger than we think..so it could be focusing on the wrong subject...for eg for the last set of esplanade outdoor pic i took, i realise that even with a lens with auto focus..the cam is focusing on the mic in front of the singer rather than the singer himself

    if you are using the default focusing screen..its not easy to focus with manual lens..better to use live view with manual lens especially if you are new to manual lenses..

    btw do you have the kit lens with you? maybe can try using that first so that you have 1 less issue to worry (focusing with manual lens) when you first start taking pics
    I do have a sigma 18-50 f2.8 with me,yes i started not long ago but i find that auto focus can misfocus too and make me lazy so gotten the full manual lens to learn how to do exposure better,btw i am trying to PP my pictures as they are all not being PP before posting so alot of underexposure..will try to reupload after PP but i am thinking would not help much since it is OOF and in the first place..

    Yes i am also using the default focusing screen sadly so it is really not easy to focus with manual lens..

    PS:I have tried to do some PP to the pictures but it is still not that good,edited with new pictures in original posts

    Thanks everyone for the helps,guess have alot more to learn in this hobby
    Last edited by Iittoo; 13th May 2012 at 11:14 PM.

  18. #238

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Singapore Buddha Tooth Relic Temple

  19. #239

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    I do have a sigma 18-50 f2.8 with me,yes i started not long ago but i find that auto focus can misfocus too and make me lazy so gotten the full manual lens to learn how to do exposure better,btw i am trying to PP my pictures as they are all not being PP before posting so alot of underexposure..will try to reupload after PP but i am thinking would not help much since it is OOF and in the first place..

    Yes i am also using the default focusing screen sadly so it is really not easy to focus with manual lens..

    PS:I have tried to do some PP to the pictures but it is still not that good,edited with new pictures in original posts

    Thanks everyone for the helps,guess have alot more to learn in this hobby

    Don't worry . It take time. Shoot more and observe more and u will grow
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  20. #240

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

    Did a shoot with FHM 2012 Finalist Janice Goh.

    FA43Ltd 1/125 f5.6


    FA43Ltd 1/90 f4.5


    DA*1650 1/20 f5.6


    DA*1650 1/60 f5.6
    Last edited by poseur; 14th May 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    ....

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •