Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

Got the DA15 because of the starburst...but now..it can do sunburst as well

taken with k-01 with DA 15 @ f20 and CPL

non sunburst but still my one of my fav pic after the b&w conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    did you went on fri night? i was there on fri night as well

taken with k-01 and DA*50-135

Hey i was there but did not catch the band that you take above..anw very nicely done again,i am trying out to shoot but end up with the pictures under exposure again..how did you even get such nice pictures!! can give some tips and mind sharing what exposure settings are the pictures taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Hey i was there but did not catch the band that you take above..anw very nicely done again,i am trying out to shoot but end up with the pictures under exposure again..how did you even get such nice pictures!! can give some tips and mind sharing what exposure settings are the pictures taken?
    i was there ard 9pm

for the above 2 pics..both are taken with DA*50-135 at f2.8, 1/125 and iso 3200..i prefer to shoot manual for such outdoor concert as the lighting condition can change very fast...if needed then i will push up the exposure slightly during pp..for those really underexposed pics..i just delete them...at beginning of shooting..i will usually test the shutter speed..for last night..as i was using k-01 and so i keep my shutter speed to at least 1/125 coz any slower..it will be hard to hand held the 50-135..

another trick is to wait for the singer to pause then quickly take a few shot..be prepared to miss quite alot of shots but good thing is that we shoot for fun so no pressure to deliver tons of pics

actually the 2nd pic is off focus but guess its hard to tell when on web

i was there ard 9pm

for the above 2 pics..both are taken with DA*50-135 at f2.8, 1/125 and iso 3200..i prefer to shoot manual for such outdoor concert as the lighting condition can change very fast...if needed then i will push up the exposure slightly during pp..for those really underexposed pics..i just delete them...at beginning of shooting..i will usually test the shutter speed..for last night..as i was using k-01 and so i keep my shutter speed to at least 1/125 coz any slower..it will be hard to hand held the 50-135..

another trick is to wait for the singer to pause then quickly take a few shot..be prepared to miss quite alot of shots but good thing is that we shoot for fun so no pressure to deliver tons of pics

actually the 2nd pic is off focus but guess its hard to tell when on web
    Hi,now i know why,my picture shoot with super takumar 55mm at f1.8,1/125 and iso 1250 only but partly cause i am using k7 which have iso issues,alot of noise if up the iso so i am not very willing to up the iso so i guess very underexposured..i actually would like to take those pic when the musicians are enjoying the music they are performing so confirm they will be moving alot and also i am using manual lens to take so need to practice more i guess

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    As usual, you have alot of nice shots.. Well done!!!
    Thanks bro.

In the earlier thread have posted this bird before.
    Found that I've shot this bird under different lighting. This shot was with the sun direct at the bird, hence a darker background.

Explored today..

(Explored) Hodgson's Hawk-Cuckoo #6 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

Went to Haagen-Dazs for Pre Monther Day Ice-ream Party n shot this free style street photograph

Thks for viewing
    Last edited by supermeng; 13th May 2012 at 09:55 AM.

Went to chinatown expecting some pentaxian there but did not see any..
    First time trying street photography,do comment and help me improve,thanks

Black and White Friendship

Where's my customer?No one?

This one seem nice out of the bunch
    Last edited by Iittoo; 13th May 2012 at 11:09 PM.

Went to chinatown expecting some pentaxian there but did not see any..
    First time trying street photography,do comment and help me improve,thanks

Black and White Friendship

Where's my customer?No one?
    Just my few cents :
    1. Focus - look out for focus, it does not need to be tack sharp, but it should not look too OOF.
    2. Crop to further focus on the subject and emphasize the story. IMO, there is a bit too much room left on top for the 2 shots.
    3. Exposure - even if its out, it should be correctable via post process

2 things give sharpness. Contrast (apparent sharpness) and sharpness. Look out for it.
    Eg.
    contrasting colored subject and bkgnd
    contrasting exposed subject and bkgnd
    dimensional lighting (eg. side light; 45deg light, etc)
    actually nailing the focus

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Just my few cents :
    1. Focus - look out for focus, it does not need to be tack sharp, but it should not look too OOF.
    2. Crop to further focus on the subject and emphasize the story. IMO, there is a bit too much room left on top for the 2 shots.
    3. Exposure - even if its out, it should be correctable via post process

2 things give sharpness. Contrast (apparent sharpness) and sharpness. Look out for it.
    Eg.
    contrasting colored subject and bkgnd
    contrasting exposed subject and bkgnd
    dimensional lighting (eg. side light; 45deg light, etc)
    actually nailing the focus
    Hi,i am not sure why i manual focus already look the sharpest but it seemed like it is not very sharp afterall,the camera also give me the green sign that it is in focus and from what i am seeing on the focus screen is sharp..any tips to do manual focus properly? using super tak 55 f1.8

just to share more so that i can know what to take note next time,taken at chinatown as well

Taxi???

Praying

Which neckle look nicer?

Last from this set

It's mother day but where my mama??
    Last edited by Iittoo; 13th May 2012 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    In the earlier thread have posted this bird before.
    Found that I've shot this bird under different lighting. This shot was with the sun direct at the bird, hence a darker background.

Explored today..

(Explored) Hodgson's Hawk-Cuckoo #6 by kengoh8888, on Flickr
    This is a rare catch lol. nice one Ken

Here is what i have shot today in diary farm reserve
    K5+F*300+X1.7TC

IMGP3035 by trowa05, on Flickr

IMGP3093 by trowa05, on Flickr

IMGP3044 by trowa05, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by trowa77 View Post
    This is a rare catch lol. nice one Ken

Here is what i have shot today in diary farm reserve
    K5+F*300+X1.7TC

IMGP3044 by trowa05, on Flickr
    Thanks Toh.
    This pics is a nice one, just a bit over, else perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by littoo View Post
    just to share more so that i can know what to take note next time,taken at chinatown as well

Praying

Last from this set

It's mother day but where my mama??
    Hi Iittoo, my 2 cts.

The Praying pic looks over-exposed, some details were lost in the lady's face. The palm and the face all blend into 1.
    The last pic looks a bit under exposed, but can be fixed thru PP, as JK has mentioned, there's too much room left on top.

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Hi Iittoo, my 2 cts.

The Praying pic looks over-exposed, some details were lost in the lady's face. The palm and the face all blend into 1.
    The last pic looks a bit under exposed, but can be fixed thru PP, as JK has mentioned, there's too much room left on top.
    Yup,will try to get better pictures,still alot to learn..i did not do any PP for the pictures,will try to do some touch up but anyway..i am curious about somethings,can it be because i shoot with f1.8 fully for all these shots that make the DOP to be very shallow then look underexposed and also quite OOF? as i find myself to be using f1.8 to focus as if stop down abit too dark for viewfinder to manual then i usually just shoot when in focus without stopping down

at f1.8..the DOF could be too shallow as you mentioned..did you use the center point to focus then recompose? For the lady praying pic, i tot the back ground looks more in focus..sometimes the green beep can be misleading because the focus area is bigger than we think..so it could be focusing on the wrong subject...for eg for the last set of esplanade outdoor pic i took, i realise that even with a lens with auto focus..the cam is focusing on the mic in front of the singer rather than the singer himself

if you are using the default focusing screen..its not easy to focus with manual lens..better to use live view with manual lens especially if you are new to manual lenses..

btw do you have the kit lens with you? maybe can try using that first so that you have 1 less issue to worry (focusing with manual lens) when you first start taking pics

at f1.8..the DOF could be too shallow as you mentioned..did you use the center point to focus then recompose? For the lady praying pic, i tot the back ground looks more in focus..sometimes the green beep can be misleading because the focus area is bigger than we think..so it could be focusing on the wrong subject...for eg for the last set of esplanade outdoor pic i took, i realise that even with a lens with auto focus..the cam is focusing on the mic in front of the singer rather than the singer himself

if you are using the default focusing screen..its not easy to focus with manual lens..better to use live view with manual lens especially if you are new to manual lenses..

btw do you have the kit lens with you? maybe can try using that first so that you have 1 less issue to worry (focusing with manual lens) when you first start taking pics
    I do have a sigma 18-50 f2.8 with me,yes i started not long ago but i find that auto focus can misfocus too and make me lazy so gotten the full manual lens to learn how to do exposure better,btw i am trying to PP my pictures as they are all not being PP before posting so alot of underexposure..will try to reupload after PP but i am thinking would not help much since it is OOF and in the first place..

Yes i am also using the default focusing screen sadly so it is really not easy to focus with manual lens..

PS:I have tried to do some PP to the pictures but it is still not that good,edited with new pictures in original posts

Thanks everyone for the helps,guess have alot more to learn in this hobby
    Last edited by Iittoo; 13th May 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Singapore Buddha Tooth Relic Temple

I do have a sigma 18-50 f2.8 with me,yes i started not long ago but i find that auto focus can misfocus too and make me lazy so gotten the full manual lens to learn how to do exposure better,btw i am trying to PP my pictures as they are all not being PP before posting so alot of underexposure..will try to reupload after PP but i am thinking would not help much since it is OOF and in the first place..

Yes i am also using the default focusing screen sadly so it is really not easy to focus with manual lens..

PS:I have tried to do some PP to the pictures but it is still not that good,edited with new pictures in original posts

Thanks everyone for the helps,guess have alot more to learn in this hobby

Don't worry . It take time. Shoot more and observe more and u will grow
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Did a shoot with FHM 2012 Finalist Janice Goh.

FA43Ltd 1/125 f5.6

FA43Ltd 1/90 f4.5

DA*1650 1/20 f5.6

DA*1650 1/60 f5.6
    Last edited by poseur; 14th May 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast