Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know we have ERS in our bank account?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    How come the interest will increase? You comfirm will increase?
    the govt confirms interest formulae as [3% add this year's GDP]. if this year GDP is 5%, then interest payout is 8%. where can one find such return nowadays?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    Ok guys,
    got a Q to ask.

My pay has already contributed to the CPF on 29 Nov. Which means im qualified for the last ERS installment.

But strangely, when i checked my OCBC account (which previously received past two ERS), it says i dun have any allocated shares.

So which i checked my new DBS account...maybe they are smart, knew of my new job dedicated account, same thing....no shares.

So i checked with other friends, did i miss a step, or is there a new ruling that u have to submit certain particulars....they all say no.

When my "clueless" friend tried at her atm, she had the 400 waiting to be activated....without doing anything, no submissions of forms or watsoever.
    (all she did was her pay had CPF deducted)

Anyone can enlighten me? Before i call the ERS guys....since it's xmas eve...would hate to bug them too. My guess they would be quite bz as well, all looking forward to going home or out. :|

p.s. i checked the website...its not helpful. :P
    point to clarify. exact date of contribution to your cpf account. though your payday may be 29 of each month, your employer has additional 14 days grace period to contribute to yr cpf account. check WHEN was the contribution made to yr cpf account. if it is by 30 Nov 04, ERS shares would be credited to your a/c(different) on 1 Jan 2005. if you contribute by 31 Dec 04, the crediting of shares is on 1 Feb 2005.

alternatively, if you had any contribution this yr before this 29 Nov payday, then they would qualify for the shares too.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 24th December 2004 at 10:10 AM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Try and tahan 3 more months, till Mar 2005. The interest will be more than 3%. It's 3% + GDP. If we're lucky, maybe it will be 8-10%, given the growth this year.

That will be an extra $60-80 for you to invest.
    very wise move to hang on till interest payout.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    point to clarify. exact date of contribution to your cpf account. though your payday may be 29 of each month, your employer has additional 14 days grace period to contribute to yr cpf account. check WHEN was the contribution made to yr cpf account. if it is by 30 Nov, ERS shares would be credited to your a/c(different) by now as claimed by some people. if not, you need to wait for the next crediting.

alternatively, if you had any contribution this yr before this 29 Nov payday, then we would qualify for the shares too.

u mean they could like delay my cpf contribution?? *******s!! lol...
    but then if u say there's a 14 days grace...but it's like the 24th today...i checked my bank account yesterday...from 29th to 23rd this month...its more than the 14 days....even if its gonna be allocated in feb...at least the atm would have some notice right? This is strange...
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Lightbulb

why are you checking yr bank account? check your cpf account.

the earliest crediting of 3rd lot of ERS shares is on 1 Jan 2005. you will not see it till then.

why are you checking yr bank account? check your cpf account.

the earliest crediting of 3rd lot of ERS shares is on 1 Jan 2005. you will not see it till then.

i mean...u gotta check the atm...coz it will say how many ERS u gonna have.

this is wat my fren account shows:
    u have 400

this is wat i get:
    u dun have any ers shares

you get wat im trying to say? lol
    i think i gotta check next week then...cpf doesnt open on sat. Sigh...lol
    One-North Explorers

oh no
    i no NS..
    so i get 200 ?

Lightbulb

cpf are open on sats.

cpf are open on sats.

this sat...xmas leh...
    One-North Explorers

Lightbulb

can do online too.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    "The bonus shares will be calculated at a rate of 3% plus the real GDP growth rate of the preceding calendar year, with a guarantee of at least 3%."

Therefore, the interest varies year to year. Last year was only 3% because of the downturn. Since Govt already say this year good, you should expect higher interest. This applies to ERS and NSS, if you're still holding on to it.

Bonus shares (interest) will be distributed on 1 Mar 2005.

BTW, I think the interest does not apply to the recent distribution of 400 shares. Only those from previous distribution (2002 & 2003). Unless someone can confirm that to be otherwise.

Thanks for the information dude. I better endure for a few more months then take them out to spend.

Lightbulb

these ERS shares are intended to cushion the effect of increase of GST rate. all of us have been taxed 5% on GST this year. so it is giving us back monies we have been taxed. but this relief is not forever. so, dont be happy and spend the monies away in the mistaken belief that it is a 'bonus'. fat hope.
    BTW, season's greetings to all.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 24th December 2004 at 11:19 PM.

Lucky me. Finally, I can vote the next time round. Must take photo or next time maybe no chance to vote again. Maybe the 1st time and last time voting.
    U sure no walkover at your palce?
    anyway, npo camera, no photography at the polling station.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-New
    U sure no walkover at your palce?
    anyway, npo camera, no photography at the polling station.
    Comfirm no walkover. I not under P*P now.

meant to cushion the effects of taxes? but the people are going to spend on camera stuff isn't it ironical

Deregistered

Just like having "Smoking Kills" all over the cigrette packaging but they're still non-stop being imported into Singapore...

Comfirm no walkover. I not under P*P now.
    my side...marine parade sure t walkover....... sianz...hahaha i just just wanna voe for the sake of voting!

yay. cashed out my ERS and NSS, considering my credit card debt/reno loan at 7%, its best to preform early redemption using ERS/NSS.. (on the other hand, this is going towards my EFS10-22...)

Quote Originally Posted by kerpalz
    my side...marine parade sure t walkover....... sianz...hahaha i just just wanna voe for the sake of voting!
    Too bad. Your place got a Minister mah. Comfirm walkover. Who dare to come challenge him?

Anyone knows how much can I exchange for cash?

You have been alloted 600 ERS for the 1st lot.
    You have been alloted 400 ERS for the 2nd lot.
    You have been alloted 400 ERS for the 3rd lot.
    NSS allotment 1200.

So can I go to CPF board and do the exchange (credit into my back account)?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast