Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know we have ERS in our bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Maybe elections coming, they giving us extra lots? LOL
    Maybe. Then you will vote for P*P.

Maybe elections coming, they giving us extra lots? LOL
    I wish

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Maybe. Then you will vote for P*P.
    I wish! I've lived for so long, yet never ever voted before...
    but thats another issue altogether ok back to the topic.

Should i get a CF tripod now that i have 500 beans in my pocket?
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Yes Yes Yes!! Buy Buy Buy!!

Oh wait.. does 1 lot equal $1?
    Hmm..

Lucky me. Finally, I can vote the next time round. Must take photo or next time maybe no chance to vote again. Maybe the 1st time and last time voting.

Quote Originally Posted by DaNi3L
    Oh wait.. does 1 lot equal $1?
    Hmm..
    Should be a yes.

anyone noes if i just became active NSmen last early this year do I get the top up for ERS? my first 2 payments were for inactive one...

Can we bring in a cam into the voting booth? hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    A Bit confused... why did they ask me if I wanna "transfer $50 from your second lot of ERS to your CPF account to qualify for the third lot of ERS once. Do you wish to proceed with the transfer?"

Isn't this the 3rd lot already???
    i also a bit confused, cos the site say Third lot will be paid on 1 Dec 2005, but then we all got it on 23 Dec already.

may be they meant if u want to cash exchange, u can submit the request now but the money only go to your account on 1 Dec 2005

not enough to buy lens..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    A Bit confused... why did they ask me if I wanna "transfer $50 from your second lot of ERS to your CPF account to qualify for the third lot of ERS once. Do you wish to proceed with the transfer?"

Isn't this the 3rd lot already???
    establish whether you need to top up in the first place. if you did not receive document from cpf board asking you to top-up, then no need to do so. if you had contributed through employment during this year, no top-up is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    i also a bit confused, cos the site say Third lot will be paid on 1 Dec 2005, but then we all got it on 23 Dec already.

may be they meant if u want to cash exchange, u can submit the request now but the money only go to your account on 1 Dec 2005
    If i am not mistaken, if we submit the request today, we should be able to get the money after 01 Jan 05.

If i am not mistaken, if we submit the request today, we should be able to get the money after 01 Jan 05.
    I thought I read it as 1 Jan 2005 too???

25 Dec 2005 would be 1 whole year later...

hmmm...i got $600 becos i am active NS Men too, but that was during the first payment 3 years ago

now total got 1400 + $25 interest...may be should take it out for other investment (not camera), should earn more than that 3% interest
    what do u mean by active NSMAN? i reservist considered a not?
    coz i reservist for 3 years liao.... still oni alloted $400/yr.... so sianz...

You can only get the extra NSmen shares once, maximum 200 for active, 100 for inactive.
    If you got the extra 200 in the previous 2 distributions, that's it.
    Unless you previously inactive (get 100 only), now active, they will give additional 100.

hmmm...i got $600 becos i am active NS Men too, but that was during the first payment 3 years ago

now total got 1400 + $25 interest...may be should take it out for other investment (not camera), should earn more than that 3% interest
    Try and tahan 3 more months, till Mar 2005. The interest will be more than 3%. It's 3% + GDP. If we're lucky, maybe it will be 8-10%, given the growth this year.

That will be an extra $60-80 for you to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Try and tahan 3 more months, till Mar 2005. The interest will be more than 3%. It's 3% + GDP. If we're lucky, maybe it will be 8-10%, given the growth this year.

That will be an extra $60-80 for you to invest.
    How come the interest will increase? You comfirm will increase?

Ok guys,
    got a Q to ask.

My pay has already contributed to the CPF on 29 Nov. Which means im qualified for the last ERS installment.

But strangely, when i checked my OCBC account (which previously received past two ERS), it says i dun have any allocated shares.

So which i checked my new DBS account...maybe they are smart, knew of my new job dedicated account, same thing....no shares.

So i checked with other friends, did i miss a step, or is there a new ruling that u have to submit certain particulars....they all say no.

When my "clueless" friend tried at her atm, she had the 400 waiting to be activated....without doing anything, no submissions of forms or watsoever.
    (all she did was her pay had CPF deducted)

Anyone can enlighten me? Before i call the ERS guys....since it's xmas eve...would hate to bug them too. My guess they would be quite bz as well, all looking forward to going home or out. :|

p.s. i checked the website...its not helpful. :P
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    How come the interest will increase? You comfirm will increase?
    "The bonus shares will be calculated at a rate of 3% plus the real GDP growth rate of the preceding calendar year, with a guarantee of at least 3%."

Therefore, the interest varies year to year. Last year was only 3% because of the downturn. Since Govt already say this year good, you should expect higher interest. This applies to ERS and NSS, if you're still holding on to it.

Bonus shares (interest) will be distributed on 1 Mar 2005.

BTW, I think the interest does not apply to the recent distribution of 400 shares. Only those from previous distribution (2002 & 2003). Unless someone can confirm that to be otherwise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast