Thread: Dual hotshoe mount?

Question Dual hotshoe mount?

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if such a thing exists or if it's merely a figment of my imagination like many other stuff. I would like to connect a wireless flash remote and a wireless shutter remote on my camera and since both uses a hotshoe mount, I was wondering if there is a such a thing that actually splits the hotshoe into 2 hotshoe mounts.

I mean it's a "dual" hotshoe adapter that allows me to attach and use both remotes at the same time.
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Default Re: Dual hotshoe mount?

i know got dual cold shoe.

don think there is one that allows u to use both remotes tho.

what remote u using, if you have something like pocket wizard it doubles up as a wireless shutter / flash trigger.

er, I tot the wireless shutter remote the receiver part got a wire to the main body? then the receiver can leave it dangling... Because I'm using it like this.

flash on flash trigger on body hotshoe.
    flash trigger wired in to the side of the camera body. Then I curl the shutter receiver around my tripod.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    er, I tot the wireless shutter remote the receiver part got a wire to the main body? then the receiver can leave it dangling... Because I'm using it like this.

flash trigger wired in to the side of the camera body. Then I curl the shutter receiver around my tripod.
    He is using wireless system. But not that i heard of dual hotshoe mounts. The pocket wizard Plus III should be what you are looking for, flash trigger and shutter release.

Whoa.. PW ex leh.. Thought this might be a good alternative but seems to have a lot debate on its reliability..
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post

I using the pixel one.. it comes with a hotshoe mount and cable leh..
    Alpha

just get this IR Remote. you don't need the hotshoe for it to work.

RMT-DSLR1 : Others : SLT & DSLR Accessories : Sony Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    I using the pixel one.. it comes with a hotshoe mount and cable leh..
    oh.....the one I'm using allows me to choose if I want wireless or wired. Phottix Stratos.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    just get this IR Remote. you don't need the hotshoe for it to work.

RMT-DSLR1 : Others : SLT & DSLR Accessories : Sony Singapore

Considered this, but would like one that's not using infra-red as there will be times where I cannot have the luxury of the line-of-sight..
    Alpha

Whoa.. PW ex leh.. Thought this might be a good alternative but seems to have a lot debate on its reliability..
    Well 2 sets costs you $400 from BH. So i think it's worth it. Plus it's REALLY reliable.

i just buy one from artworkfoto..

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Well 2 sets costs you $400 from BH. So i think it's worth it. Plus it's REALLY reliable.
    2 sets ofPW? SG can sell meh? i read in another thread it's not approved by IDA..
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by jywong View Post
    i just buy one from artworkfoto..
    You bought the YN? how much?
    Alpha

2 sets ofPW? SG can sell meh? i read in another thread it's not approved by IDA..
    only FCC one. which are the ones in US. now got CE Ones already for a few yrs now.