Thread: Automated AF Fine Tune Software

Default Automated AF Fine Tune Software

Hi,

Anyone tried this software on Nikon bodies?
    Reikan FoCal - Automatic AF Microadjustment Software

I read quite a lot of good reviews regarding this software in the internet. But most, if not all, are reviews that are done on Canon bodies.

I would like to give this software a try, but um, a bit hesitant because of lack of reviews on Nikon bodies.

If anyone tried it before on Nikon, kindly share here

Thank you.

Default Re: Automated AF Fine Tune Software

Quote Originally Posted by amachi View Post
    Hi,

Anyone tried this software on Nikon bodies?
    Reikan FoCal - Automatic AF Microadjustment Software

I read quite a lot of good reviews regarding this software in the internet. But most, if not all, are reviews that are done on Canon bodies.

I would like to give this software a try, but um, a bit hesitant because of lack of reviews on Nikon bodies.

If anyone tried it before on Nikon, kindly share here

Thank you.
    "Unfortunately, Nikon have crippled the computer interface with regards to AF Fine Tune on many of their cameras, so most are supported in MSC (Manual Setting Change) mode (see here) which requires a small amount of prompted user intervention."

If do manual, just print out a free focus chart and DIY-trial-and-error for free at home.

I am sending an email to the programmer. I want to know what he meant by MSC, was it a simply click of a button on the computer or pressing certain button on the camera. Will update here once I get the reply