Thread: new or create?

Default new or create?

I got 2 lowepro bags for my eqps. 1 is back pack n the other is sling bag. I went to china with backpack, hard to change lens n so, got the sling. At usa last yr, the sling bag also wears me down after some walking. I saw lowepro got those trolley type n the bag can take out as a back pack.

Should i get it or get a luggage bag n put my back pack into when going oversea? I most follow tour grp, a lot of walking mostly. :|
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: new or create?

How much equipment are you bringing around? If walking for long distance, I will recommend a backpack...but it may not justify if you are just bringing 1 additional lens.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Depends on your load of gear. If it is just say 1 body and 2 lenses, you would be holding the 1 body and 1 lens most of the time. The 2nd lens you can get a pouch and hook to your waist (belt system) for easier of changing lens. Alternative, Lowepro has lens case that is slip lock and you might hook it in front on your backpack's shoulder straps.

Backpack is more comfy and you can put other things such as umbrella, waterbottle etc.

I don't favour trolley because you won't know when the road is unsuitable. Also I find it hard to pull a trolley as I shoot. Having a backpack means you are ever ready for impromptu shots.
    Last edited by gundamseed84; 8th April 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike
    How much equipment are you bringing around? If walking for long distance, I will recommend a backpack...but it may not justify if you are just bringing 1 additional lens.
    For now, i mostly bring all listed on my signature. But in the future, i might be having extra body n tele lens. Or maybe a nex series with tele. I also will bring my net book along during last two trips for transferring photos. I carry all up great wall n it was super tiring. So, i now think of either new or create my own for less fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84
    I don't favour trolley because you won't know when the road is unsuitable. Also I find it hard to pull a trolley as I shoot. Having a backpack means you are ever ready for impromptu shots.
    Trolley when moving on street. Take out backpack if road dont suits trolley. At usa, i went out one early morning n walk abt 1km to take photos. Then rush back with all the stuffs. If on wheels, will be faster n less fatigue. Getting old liao, ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    For now, i mostly bring all listed on my signature. But in the future, i might be having extra body n tele lens. Or maybe a nex series with tele. I also will bring my net book along during last two trips for transferring photos. I carry all up great wall n it was super tiring. So, i now think of either new or create my own for less fatigue.
    Following tour group also bringing so many lens ? well, if you are bringing those, I think a backpack is more suitable. I don't favor bringing a trolley backpack bag, mainly is because I don't know what are the theft rate over there...Once you get too comfortable with the trolley, you will be pulling the trolley instead of backpacking it...likely to kena from thief waiting to strike. (your experience may be different from mine, but just offering what I feel..)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Following tour group also bringing so many lens ? well, if you are bringing those, I think a backpack is more suitable. I don't favor bringing a trolley backpack bag, mainly is because I don't know what are the theft rate over there...Once you get too comfortable with the trolley, you will be pulling the trolley instead of backpacking it...likely to kena from thief waiting to strike. (your experience may be different from mine, but just offering what I feel..)
    I see. Some time just need that focus length, that's y brought all, ha ha! Just read abt thieves oversea but more scarly than them, are other tourists for other country, ha ha! Maybe next time invest on a 70-400mm n aps-c, just bring them plus FF n 16-35mm. Maybe another 50mm will do. But still consider heavy if backpack, mostly might get a good trolley for it. (those aunty bring to market type?)

I see. Some time just need that focus length, that's y brought all, ha ha! Just read abt thieves oversea but more scarly than them, are other tourists for other country, ha ha! Maybe next time invest on a 70-400mm n aps-c, just bring them plus FF n 16-35mm. Maybe another 50mm will do. But still consider heavy if backpack, mostly might get a good trolley for it. (those aunty bring to market type?)
    I was thinking why not just bring your 16-35 and 28-75 and leave everything else at home?

I was thinking why not just bring your 16-35 and 28-75 and leave everything else at home?
    75mm still not enough for me n that's y i brought 100mm along n the 50mm as both not that heavy. The 16-35 n body once out of bag, the bag will be light. Need to save up for apsc n 70-400 liao. Then only 3 lenses in future tour. (give up alaska as polar bear hard to come n trip ex, ha ha!)

75mm still not enough for me n that's y i brought 100mm along n the 50mm as both not that heavy. The 16-35 n body once out of bag, the bag will be light. Need to save up for apsc n 70-400 liao. Then only 3 lenses in future tour. (give up alaska as polar bear hard to come n trip ex, ha ha!)
    If you are willing to forgo some focal length for the sake of your shoulder and load, I think 2 lens may be enough...But if you are bringing all those along, I guess a backpack will definitely be better as compared to a shoulder/sling bag

If you are willing to forgo some focal length for the sake of your shoulder and load, I think 2 lens may be enough...But if you are bringing all those along, I guess a backpack will definitely be better as compared to a shoulder/sling bag
    Yup, you are right. Maybe bag for keeping gears n when reach, i just wear the camera will do. Now thinking of investing a mirrorless n with adapter. Depends on situation n location, swap lens/body as needed.

Just thought of it, sony mirrorless no oos. Need to think again.
    Last edited by BBTM; 8th April 2012 at 01:25 PM.