Thread: <ATTENTION> Flashback Botnet Includes Over 600,000 Macs.

Default <ATTENTION> Flashback Botnet Includes Over 600,000 Macs.

Fast-growing Flashback Botnet Includes Over 600,000 Macs, Malware Experts Say | PCWorld Business Center

"However, a large number of users have already been affected by those attacks, Doctor Web said in a report issued on Wednesday. The company's researchers have managed to hijack a part of the Flashback botnet through a method known in the security community as sinkholing, and counted unique identifiers belonging to more than 550,000 Mac OS X systems infected with the Trojan horse."

Is Apple to Blame for Size of Mac Botnet? | PCWorld Business Center

"Andrew Storms, director of security operations for nCircle, faults Apple’s head-in-the-sand approach to security for letting this threat spread as far as it has. “This malware has been circulating for months. Even though Apple didn't have the Java patch available for distribution they certainly could have warned their users. Apple's closed-mouth policy regarding OSX security issues played a direct role in a malware infection affecting hundreds of thousands of Macs.”

Storms chastises, “Bad policy Apple--step up your game.”"
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: <ATTENTION> Flashback Botnet Includes Over 600,000 Macs.

At least they did not do a repeat of the MacDefender malware incident.
    Apple Acknowledges Mac Defender Malware, Promises Mac OS X Update

"Apple's release comes shortly after the Mac Defender malware issue first started to spike. At the time, the company told support staff not to help customers who came to them with the malware, or even to admit to the existence of such malware. "

Basically what it translates to is, if they can kena so can you. Better read into it and take precautions. OSX is no longer impervious.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    OSX is no longer impervious.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 7th April 2012 at 03:09 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    yup. but still 600,000+ affected. next one could be 6 million or possibly the holy grail...every IOS user. just becareful where you click on the internet in future.