Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lens Hood

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Payar Lebar
    Posts
    314

    Default Lens Hood

    Does anyone knows what is the purpose of this thing? It can be removed but I can't figure out what is it for This hood is for Pentax FAJ 18-35mm lens


  2. #2
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    I don't what it does but I have to confess it looks really cool!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Payar Lebar
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Maybe to reflex the light

  4. #4

    Default

    my guess is that it makes it easier for you to adjust the circular polariser for optimal polarisation.

    clever design!

  5. #5

    Default

    my guess is, that used to let people discuss what's the purpose of it.

    i think it can let people no need take off the hood.
    sometime it is not easy to find a pocket in your bag to take off the hood and put it back. you may miss some great chance. so take off this small plastic into ur pocket, and shoot shoot!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Payar Lebar
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Seems like it can be used as what we think it can be..
    Pentax's website also never specify what is this...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    my guess is that it makes it easier for you to adjust the circular polariser for optimal polarisation.

    clever design!
    You got it right I happened to read some message on this some time ago at dpreview. Most guys thought it's a very clever and useful design. My 16-45DA lens has a similar hood But I don't have a good CP or LP yet.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Payar Lebar
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei
    You got it right I happened to read some message on this some time ago at dpreview. Most guys thought it's a very clever and useful design. My 16-45DA lens has a similar hood But I don't have a good CP or LP yet.
    Wandering how mush it cost for a 67mm or 77mm B+W polariser?? Anyone have it? my guess is around $120??

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyer2
    Wandering how mush it cost for a 67mm or 77mm B+W polariser?? Anyone have it? my guess is around $120??
    A 67mm B+W MRC CP costs over S$150 while a 77mm one costs well over S$200 I think. Doesn't worth it if you don't use it so often. A Hoya HMC CP or LP is probably good enough IMO. You can give CP a call to check the prices. Good luck!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •