Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were to choose for your career like me, what is your choice?

Default Re: If you were to choose for your career like me, what is your choice?

To find the answer is simple.
    First go to Four Horse Road.
    Waterloo Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When you get there, look for the Kwan Im Temple. (BTW, Kwan Im was also the inspiration for Canon, Canon : About Canon | Origin of the Logo)
    Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Enter the temple and pop the question

Forget about annual leave, canteen subsidized lunch, medical benefits etc. Think about what you want to do with your life.

With 'A' you are the 'A', the cream de la cream. You can move on to another MNC or a SME and the SME will take you in at the high end of the hierarchy and pay scale.

If you choose 'B', some MNCs may never offer you an option to enter later on and you may quickly find your extra $300 diluted over 1-2yrs of lousy increment.
    Furthermore, SMEs are at the mercy of the benevolence of the founder/boss.
    Some are fantastic and pretty visionary ppl. Unfortunately, many are not.
    With the latter, welfare is usually not on par. (already obvious in the lesser leave you mentioned)

'A' is the safer route.
    'B' can turn out well too, but usually a more rocky road. (Co. can do well, be listed and you find yourself being a dept manager/ GM/ director with shares too, but nothing is for sure)

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    Choice A: MNC company - Role A & Role B @ salary A

Choice B: Big Local SME - Role A & Role B + Head of Department @ salary A + $300

Factors: MNC Annual leave is 18, SME is 10.
    MNC has own canteen with subsidized lunch, SME eat outside.
    MNC provide company transport, SME has to take own public transport.
    MNC got better medical benefits compared to SME.

Which is better choice A or choice B? and why?
    I thought minimum leave by MOM is 14 per year?

Know what you aim for in the future, then choose your path. Want to be big shot salaried director in big MNC then start climbing the ladder in MNC. Want to open own company be boss then go SME and learn. Want to be a boss of MNC then do both hehe.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    I thought minimum leave by MOM is 14 per year?
    14 days is too generous. You might want to read up on MoM Employment Rights and Conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12