Thread: King Sejong + GyeongBok Palace

Default King Sejong + GyeongBok Palace

Hi all,

Still really new to photography and was hopping that I will be able to get advise on how to improve my photos at this section.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Everything.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Just practising and hopping to get more critiques so I can know how to improve.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Taken with my Kit Lens 18-55.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    It was winter so it turned dark really fast and I miss the magic hour. Would prefer to be there earlier when the sky is still blue so that mount namsan in the background will be more defined.

Default Re: King Sejong + GyeongBok Palace

Not a pro myself....but I offer my 2 cents.

- The first thing that caught my focus is the guy sitting there....but it quickly loses me as my eye wanders off in different directions going out of the frame.. one to the top of the head and the other to the right hand side exiting the frame. When exiting the frame on the right, the bottom right hand structure caught my eye again.

- Exposure wise, most things in background is pitch black to me. So it don't really add much point of interest...

If in this condition of the night, I may probably have go for a close up of this structure instead of a landscape shot. Because there are simply too much black background (with just a couple of lights) making it abit dull for my taste...

Things may have worked out better if you have the option of shooting it in a brighter hour. And in a brighter hour, I may also take a close up or a landscape. For the landscape shot, you may want to consider giving it more space to the top and right of the frame. Since the person is facing the right (somehow), you should give the viewers some place to move towards to.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]