Thread: Help....

Default Help....

I going to buy a new camera, there is two different price package ,i do not know if its related to the lenses.

Can i know if there is any difference from EFS 18-55IS against EFS 18-55IS II.

Thanks

Default Re: Help....

Quote Originally Posted by twdestiny View Post
    I going to buy a new camera, there is two different price package ,i do not know if its related to the lenses.

Can i know if there is any difference from EFS 18-55IS against EFS 18-55IS II.

Thanks
    EFS 18-55IS II is an improved version of EFS 18-55IS

You should get EFS 18-55IS II instead of EFS 18-55IS.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

1. Please use a descriptive thread title.
    2. Please do not cross-post.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon...ml#post7827751
    Alpha

Thanks for the fast reply.

is the price between this 2 differences alot?

oh. sorry. what should i do =/

Thanks for the fast reply.

is the price between this 2 differences alot?
    Check the Canon website, but most importantly, call the shops listed in the priceguide section and ASK. I don't think there should be any price difference or a big one. After all, the Mk II replaces the old one - so it's a matter of old stock vs. new stock.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 4th April 2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Alpha

Just avoid it in the future.
    Alpha

Rashkae is saying that the title of the thread should be descriptive.
    Look at other threads to get a good idea as to how you should title your thread and not just like shouting "Help...."

From what I know there is no difference in optic between the 18-55IS and the 18-55IS II... and only very subtle difference in almost everything. However I don't think that the 18-55mm IS is still in production.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

IIRC, the difference between version I and II is mostly cosmetic changes. E.g. changing to cheaper material.... from the plastic protruding indicator of the mount hole to the body is now changed to a paint marking.

ver I

Review: Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Review

ver II

Review: Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens Review

*Both images are from the-digital-picture.com*

Quoted from from the-digital-picture.com
    Another note: The 18-55mm lens pictures in this review are of Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens version "I". The test images provided with this review were shot with the version "II" lens. According to Canon, only very slight cosmetic changes were made for the "II" designation. "The major changes are the shape of the zoom ring rubber grip and the tapered area at the front of the lens." (Canon) These two lenses share the same manufacturer MTF charts.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Rashkae is saying that the title of the thread should be descriptive.
    Look at other threads to get a good idea as to how you should title your thread and not just like shouting "Help...."
    adding on, a descriptive title will get the attention of somebody who is good in this particular subject matter.. Not everyone clicks on every thread; some will only click on those they think they can help..

perhaps, the title for this thread could be: "difference between EFS 18-55IS and EFS 18-55IS II" or need help on "EFS 18-55IS and EFS 18-55IS II" - the canon users will recognise these and 1 look and can come in and help. for those who don't understand, you probably don't need their help anyway.

the other thing is that having a descriptive title will enable newbies in future to "self-help" if they bothered to search.. =)
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography