Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Live projection - How to.

  1. #21

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    if the school wants it, then the school will definitely fork out the cost for it if it deems it usable for the events.
    okay noted

  2. #22
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by ron1992 View Post
    Hi ,

    Does any one has any idea on how Live projection works?

    Earlier this year, I attended my friend's wedding which has an entertaining Live projection photography. Images from photographers around the dinner hall are projected on a big screen & Images are sent through almost immediately.

    My Poly lecturer have tasked me to research on this.He might want to use live projection for the upcoming school events.


    Thanks.

    Some camera manufacturers make dedicated wireless transmitters for some of their camera models, so as to make this task reasonably straightforward.
    Hope that helps! The rest you can Google!
    Exploring! :)

  3. #23
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    Great QFT using the eye-Fi Link . Do note the age of the link


    I understand TS is researching for his upcoming school event ? Hence he is asking as a student for the school and not as a pro photographer

    Yes I agree there are SD to CF card adapters .
    However , there are type I and type II CF cards and most cameras which uses CF only nowadays uses the Type II CF card which is hell of a lot slimmer than the Type I CF cards .From my own experience after searching around I only found the SD to CF Type I adapters which would not fit into the newer cameras CF Slots . I went home and googled again and realized that as of Feb 2011 , there are no SD to CF Type II adapters . But I do agree that there are SD to CF adapters
    You got it wrong. CF Type I is the slimmer one. Type II is the thicker one. Most CF cards nowadays are Type I. Type II cards are used by microdrive CF cards which are so rare nowadays that the newer cameras are now no longer compatible with Type II CF cards... Don't believe? Just look at the D800.

    So a SD to CF-I adapter is perfectly fine. Especially when CF Type I card will fit both Type I or Type II slots. But the Type II card can only fit Type II slot.

    Please at least know what you are talking about before saying it. Seems like your own "research" is not very effective also...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th April 2012 at 12:25 PM.

  4. #24

    Default

    I apologize that I got the types mixed up . What I tried to convey was there are only sd to thick cf card adapter . I can't find and gave up trying to find the sd to slimmer cf card adapter . Hence I can't use the eye fi card for the d700 I am using .


    Very sorry once again for getting the types mixed up as I assumed slimmer = newer hence type 2 is the slimmer cf card

  5. #25
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    I apologize that I got the types mixed up . What I tried to convey was there are only sd to thick cf card adapter . I can't find and gave up trying to find the sd to slimmer cf card adapter . Hence I can't use the eye fi card for the d700 I am using .


    Very sorry once again for getting the types mixed up as I assumed slimmer = newer hence type 2 is the slimmer cf card
    Irregardless, nowadays newer cameras that do not support CF Type II still are sporting dual memory card slots, most of them have one CF slot and one SD slot. So the Eyefi cards can still go into the SD slot. For cameras like D4 or D3s, you should really be using the WT-5 and WT-4 respectively. For Canons 1 series, you can use the canon wifi accessory. Other canon cams like 5Dm2, it still supports CF Type 2, so does the 7D. The rest of canon cameras are all SD card based.

    so what is the problem really?? What camera body are you using, that you cannot use the eye-fi card and need a SD-CFI adapter??
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th April 2012 at 06:51 PM.

  6. #26
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by ron1992 View Post
    Hi ,

    Does any one has any idea on how Live projection works?

    Earlier this year, I attended my friend's wedding which has an entertaining Live projection photography. Images from photographers around the dinner hall are projected on a big screen & Images are sent through almost immediately.

    My Poly lecturer have tasked me to research on this.He might want to use live projection for the upcoming school events.


    Thanks.
    ANd TS, many photographers do this as a living. Some of them offer this service to their clients. Each have their own workflow and differentiating factors. No one is going to reveal their workflow to you completely simply because it is their ricebowl. So people who know it well will not really share it with you. But if you are smart enough to know how to search and what to search, you can find the main parts of the answers on the internet starting in this forum. The gaps, you will have to fill it in yourself.

    Good Luck. Sorry, no free lunch for you...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th April 2012 at 07:02 PM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Irregardless, nowadays newer cameras that do not support CF Type II still are sporting dual memory card slots, most of them have one CF slot and one SD slot. So the Eyefi cards can still go into the SD slot. For cameras like D4 or D3s, you should really be using the WT-5 and WT-4 respectively. For Canons 1 series, you can use the canon wifi accessory. Other canon cams like 5Dm2, it still supports CF Type 2, so does the 7D. The rest of canon cameras are all SD card based.

    so what is the problem really?? What camera body are you using, that you cannot use the eye-fi card and need a SD-CFI adapter??
    I am using D700 .

  8. #28

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    ANd TS, many photographers do this as a living. Some of them offer this service to their clients. Each have their own workflow and differentiating factors. No one is going to reveal their workflow to you completely simply because it is their ricebowl. So people who know it well will not really share it with you. But if you are smart enough to know how to search and what to search, you can find the main parts of the answers on the internet starting in this forum. The gaps, you will have to fill it in yourself.

    Good Luck. Sorry, no free lunch for you...
    Seriously , if live projection is their rice bowl , are they really photographers ? Or Engineers ?
    Should be quite on unsteady ground if their main business aka rice bowl is live projection which the next guy with enough consultation from google and some filling in of blanks can copy

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia

    Seriously , if live projection is their rice bowl , are they really photographers ? Or Engineers ?
    Should be quite on unsteady ground if their main business aka rice bowl is live projection which the next guy with enough consultation from google and some filling in of blanks can copy
    Newsflash, not every photography business is run by a genuine photographer. Don't be romantised of our (profit making) business. In our line some "engineers" make more money than "photographers".

    Every business is vulnerable. Can you say for certain any business ricebowl is safe? That's ridiculous.

    I think many people might feel that information like how to do live projection might be easily gained. Well all I can say is try it yourself, then do it large scale and a guaranteed success rate. Then apply it in a business model. Run it as a business and secure a stable client base. Once you accomplish this, you can come back in here and reconsider if all your experience, technical knowledge and secrets can be shared for free.

  10. #30
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    Seriously , if live projection is their rice bowl , are they really photographers ? Or Engineers ?
    Should be quite on unsteady ground if their main business aka rice bowl is live projection which the next guy with enough consultation from google and some filling in of blanks can copy
    Unsteady? and easy to copy? LOL.

    Just take a look at Livestudios (Willy Foo) and Justin Ng. Both who build their business providing live images to their clients. "unsteady ground".... Livestudios shot more than 800 weddings/evemts in 2010...

  11. #31
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    I am using D700 .
    D700 is one of the few exceptions but there is a workaround.

    - part 1
    - part 2

  12. #32
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    Newsflash, not every photography business is run by a genuine photographer. Don't be romantised of our (profit making) business. In our line some "engineers" make more money than "photographers".

    Every business is vulnerable. Can you say for certain any business ricebowl is safe? That's ridiculous.

    I think many people might feel that information like how to do live projection might be easily gained. Well all I can say is try it yourself, then do it large scale and a guaranteed success rate. Then apply it in a business model. Run it as a business and secure a stable client base. Once you accomplish this, you can come back in here and reconsider if all your experience, technical knowledge and secrets can be shared for free.
    People who never try, will think it is very easy to do. Once they try, then they will realize how many issues they will have to overcome to get true Live projection up. Takes quite a lot of work and "engineering" to get it nicely done and streamlined. There is a lot more than meets the eye.


  13. #33

    Default Re: Live projection - How to.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    D700 is one of the few exceptions but there is a workaround.

    - part 1
    - part 2
    Looks good . Shall play around with it again . Many thanks for sharing this workaround on the D700

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •