Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 909

Thread: D7000 users (Part 4)

  1. #521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vicdhika

    lol... agree!!

    I think after buy camera and kit lens.. next item is Flash.. not fast lens, wide lens, or telephoto lens..
    Me too agree thinking of getting a flash bt which really suitable for D7K?

  2. #522
    Member Weiwu Lah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jintanz Maniz

    Me too agree thinking of getting a flash bt which really suitable for D7K?
    Same question here I'm still contemplating whether to get SB700 or Nissin 866 mkII.

    I have rented a SB700 for an event. Most of the time, the results were great. But once in a while, somehow it will affect my auto focus. That is to say, SB700 on = off focus. Once I off my flash, the AF is fine again. In the end, I need to sometimes resort to MF to make sure it won't mess up. Is this a usual hotshoe flash issue? Or I got a bad SB700 copy? Puzzled =S

  3. #523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jintanz Maniz

    Me too agree thinking of getting a flash bt which really suitable for D7K?
    Im currently using metz af 50-1
    If in normal light, i hvae no issue of focusing..
    But if very low light.. I got big problem to focus..
    I need to stand close with my subject so the AF assist on the flash will hit e target and focus...
    Check my website for inspiration!
    www.thebigshot.com.sg

  4. #524

    Default

    Any flash works. I used the Nikon SB-700 and SB-910 on my Nikon D7000. No issue.

    You can always try 3rd party flash too. Heard they aren't too bad. No personal experience there.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  5. #525
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    I am just using a SB400 with the D7000. Takes care of the lens shadow
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  6. #526
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blive
    I am just using a SB400 with the D7000. Takes care of the lens shadow
    I am inclined towards sb400 for its small size and bounce. How's your experience with it ? Can you pls share.

    Do you feel like buying sb700 someday ?

  7. #527

    Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

    Have the SB700, regret not getting the SB910, but only cos the SB700 looks small on D7000 with grip.

  8. #528

    Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    I am inclined towards sb400 for its small size and bounce. How's your experience with it ? Can you pls share.

    Do you feel like buying sb700 someday ?
    SB400 good for traveling cos of small size.
    But if you can afford, I say SB700 cos you can do a lot more.
    Remote triggering your flash allows you to play around with your lighting.
    Good for experimenting and learning about lights.

    I'm looking to get a 2nd flash (maybe the cheap manual Yongnuo YN560-ii) with remote triggering to experiment as a 'mini studio'.

  9. #529

    Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jintanz Maniz View Post
    Me too agree thinking of getting a flash bt which really suitable for D7K?
    shouldn't be a question of which flash is suitable, but rather, how you will be using the flash.
    For starters, cos everyone doesn't know what a flash can do, I'd recommend the SB700 since it's a rather powerful flash and comes with all features.
    Then you can learn and explore along the way. It costs more, but it's worth saving up for.

  10. #530
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Alright friends, almost made up to buy sb700.

    Shall I buy Gray or Retail is recommended.

    I hear flashes are generally stable.

    Thank you !

  11. #531

    Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Alright friends, almost made up to buy sb700.

    Shall I buy Gray or Retail is recommended.

    I hear flashes are generally stable.

    Thank you !
    If warranty not a concern. I bought retail. Till date no issues.

  12. #532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80
    Alright friends, almost made up to buy sb700.

    Shall I buy Gray or Retail is recommended.

    I hear flashes are generally stable.

    Thank you !
    Do note that Nikon flash has International warranty. If u have the chance to get it oversea at cheaper price, you might want to consider.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  13. #533

    Default

    Thnks to all advice I really appreciate it now I can set my budget for SB700.. I hv check out the price outside SG with a favourable n affordable price to me which cost abt $400/- SGD...

  14. #534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk

    SB400 good for traveling cos of small size.
    But if you can afford, I say SB700 cos you can do a lot more.
    Remote triggering your flash allows you to play around with your lighting.
    Good for experimenting and learning about lights.

    I'm looking to get a 2nd flash (maybe the cheap manual Yongnuo YN560-ii) with remote triggering to experiment as a 'mini studio'.
    I bought the ittl yongnuo ta first as an experiment flash cos its cheap. After sometime i bought the sb700. The best thing is now, both can be triggered with d7k commander n can experiment strobist effect.

    The best thing is with d7k, it has the flash commander builtin when compared to my frens more expensive 5d mII, he had to purchase an external flash commander.

  15. #535

    Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Konspire View Post
    I bought the ittl yongnuo ta first as an experiment flash cos its cheap. After sometime i bought the sb700. The best thing is now, both can be triggered with d7k commander n can experiment strobist effect.

    The best thing is with d7k, it has the flash commander builtin when compared to my frens more expensive 5d mII, he had to purchase an external flash commander.
    nice to hear! I want to get the YN cos of the same reason! and yes, D7k's flash commander is really a gem!

  16. #536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk

    nice to hear! I want to get the YN cos of the same reason! and yes, D7k's flash commander is really a gem!
    I tried out n it controls both flashes nicely. Only now hv to learn where to position the flashes.

  17. #537
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Mustafa selling sb700 for S$ 469, did not buy :-(

  18. #538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80
    Mustafa selling sb700 for S$ 469, did not buy :-(
    Wow... street price is $420 +-

  19. #539
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80

    I am inclined towards sb400 for its small size and bounce. How's your experience with it ? Can you pls share.

    Do you feel like buying sb700 someday ?
    Probably.

    I had a SB800 earlier but got stolen. Anyway was considering SB 600 or 800 at that time and went for the 800 instead cause of the better reach and controls. No regrets there..

    I haven't seriously looked at the 700 or the 900/910 yet though
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  20. #540
    Member kane-rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore-
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

    if you are going to spend 420$ + on the sb700 spend another 50$ and get the sb-900 which is available as a promotion from alan photo. ( you will need to check with them though if offer is still on) the Sb900 does dwarf the D7000 though if mounted on the hot shoe.

    So if your budget is 300-350$ get a SB 800 or SB 700 Second hand
    if you have 400-470$ Get a new SB 700 or a Second hand SB 900 (or new SB900 if promotion still on)
    if you got 580-630 get the new SB 910

    if your budget is 200$ get the SB600 second hand.

    All of these work well with the nikon D7000 feature of Creative Lighting System
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •