Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 users (Part 4)

I got my D7000 with 18-105 kit lenses 2nd hand from clubsnap bns... $1550.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM
    ho yo... doesn't sounds cheap man... T_T... i guess i save up more for lens first bah... or should i just upgrade?
    using a d5000... I wan the commmander... for my flash and stuff... i wan to learn more... Looks like it's limiting me eh... Lens? or Body first?
    The camera doesn't limit a photographer from taking the photo he wants. U just need to know the limits of your gear and work within them
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Default Re: D7000 users (Part 4)

Hi, a new member here and learning to find my way around.
    I have a question. I have a D7000 and have lost the eye view bracket/guard. Where, besides going to Nikon, can I get a replacement piece?
    Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherdragon
    Hi, a new member here and learning to find my way around.
    I have a question. I have a D7000 and have lost the eye view bracket/guard. Where, besides going to Nikon, can I get a replacement piece?
    Thanks very much.
    There Are third party ones if you don't need original. You can find at Artworkfoto or sgcamerastore. For original, eBay should be cheaper than local shops

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    There Are third party ones if you don't need original. You can find at Artworkfoto or sgcamerastore. For original, eBay should be cheaper than local shops

Has anyone experience a shadow in the lower part of the picture being cast by the lens when using the built in flash? I am using a 17-55 without the lens hood. But the shadow still appears. Is ther a work around for this?

Quote Originally Posted by tiago
    Has anyone experience a shadow in the lower part of the picture being cast by the lens when using the built in flash? I am using a 17-55 without the lens hood. But the shadow still appears. Is ther a work around for this?
    Use an external flash or shoot at a longer focal length. As long as u are shooting wide the built in flash is not tall enough to clear the long 17-55mm length.
    Nikon D90

Hi.. Im new user to d7000, just got it 3 days ago..
    Body only..

Now im going to get a new/used lens..
    With 500sgd budget, any recommendation?

My friend asked me to get 35-70 f2.8 old lens, it costs 500sgd..
    What do u guys think?

Hi! Welcome to D7000! I'm pretty sure you will love this camera As for the lens, it really depends on what you like to shoot. For me, a Tamron 18-270 is pretty good. Basically covers everything from group shots to street to portrait to simple birding. Never used a 35-70 before, but with that lens, quite hard to take group shots, though the f2.8 is really nice so, think about what you enjoy shooting, and make an informed decision. Enjoy shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by vicdhika View Post
    Body only..

What do u guys think?
    one day you can try the kit lens and used on 35 ~ 70mm focusing length, maybe you will found up not enough wide to cover from the overall landscape you need.
    cause the 35 x 1.5 = 50mm to 105mm, if you can forget about the wide angle from 17 or 18mm wide, then to be worry free..
    just enjoy the lens, if you pay for it..

Im thinking to get 16-85.. After reading some
    Reviews, it seems attracting.. At least it got wider coverage, 16mm, and i need to forgo f2.8 which is a dilemma for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Weiwu Lah
    Hi! Welcome to D7000! I'm pretty sure you will love this camera As for the lens, it really depends on what you like to shoot. For me, a Tamron 18-270 is pretty good. Basically covers everything from group shots to street to portrait to simple birding. Never used a 35-70 before, but with that lens, quite hard to take group shots, though the f2.8 is really nice so, think about what you enjoy shooting, and make an informed decision. Enjoy shooting!
    Thanks... I really love d7000 compared to my previous sony a33..
    This body is just amazing..

Let's gather some time and share skills...
    Hahahah
    Check my website for inspiration!
    www.thebigshot.com.sg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vicdhika View Post
    Body only..

What do u guys think?
    Hi welcome to the club. =)

Maybe you can take a look at Tamron 17-50 f2.8.

So far so good for me.
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by vicdhika
    Body only..

What do u guys think?
    The 35-70 f2.8 is ok if you do mainly streets or portraits, you might find it a little tight in other situations. You have to ask yourself, what is the focal length you usually shoot at and what other requirements do you need to fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

The 35-70 f2.8 is ok if you do mainly streets or portraits, you might find it a little tight in other situations. You have to ask yourself, what is the focal length you usually shoot at and what other requirements do you need to fulfill.
    Ya... For portrait and candid is quite good..
    But sometimes when i want to take group photo.. Too restrictive...

Anyone use 16-85?
    www.thebigshot.com.sg

Hi everyone I just got my new d7000 few days ago! Upgraded from a d3100. My first reaction when I hold the camera was how it is much heavier than my d3100. But then I am very pleased with the overall design. I realised there are differences in the layout and functionality from d3100 so still need to explore more, but overall can't wait to try this on my next shoot!
    I got this together with the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 lens. Wanted a constant aperture lens and have heard good things about this lens.

Welcome to D7000... i'm new too... It's absolutely too heavy for me when i put D7000 + 35-70 f2.8 + Metz 50AF1... very heavy when first time use it.. hurt my hand when i cover a school event 2 nights ago.. hahahaha... but overall.. it's fun and cool..

17-50 f2.8, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by FT-Trail View Post
    Hi everyone I just got my new d7000 few days ago! Upgraded from a d3100. My first reaction when I hold the camera was how it is much heavier than my d3100. But then I am very pleased with the overall design. I realised there are differences in the layout and functionality from d3100 so still need to explore more, but overall can't wait to try this on my next shoot!
    I got this together with the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 lens. Wanted a constant aperture lens and have heard good things about this lens.

It is good if u want to have a constant aperture lens for this focal range. Of course the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 is the best, but it costs twice as much, so out of my league. Take a look here comparing the Tamron and Sigma lens.

http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2...-17-50mm-f2-8/

I believe that u should invest in the lens that suit ur shooting style. I just bought a tokina 11-16 f2.8 from bns last weekend becos my main interest is in shooting landscape and nightscape. Hence I want wide angle and aperture.

Glad that u like it.. Im currently aiming for 28-105, old lens, since my budget quite tight. So i will try to use old old lens, push pull mode, heavy tank lens.. Is there anyone using old lens? Mind sharing..
    www.thebigshot.com.sg

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast