Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404548495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1006

Thread: D800 User Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare
    Anyways.. I am just wondering how big this 36MP image can really print without sacrificing quality.

Yesterday I did a poster from an 18MP image on 350dpi, I figured that it's good enough for A3 only.
    But at the printing room, I was shocked that my image can be upsized to print A0 without sacrificing image quality.
    Now you felt the 36mp is big, after wait for D4X on 54.6mp much bigger print in medium format.

Default re: D800 User Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Now you felt the 36mp is big, after wait for D4X on 54.6mp much bigger print in medium format.
    Oh my.. I wonder what kind of computer I need for that

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare

Oh my.. I wonder what kind of computer I need for that
    Ha ha me too, just hair wire...

For me I will stop at 36mp as limit my self.
    No matter how on my 36mp should last for another 5 to 8 years.
    Last edited by rain5533; 5th October 2012 at 05:33 PM.

One cannot get enough of megapixel la! More the merrier. Just like money.

You sure cannot resist. When 4DX comes out you sure buy one

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3

One cannot get enough of megapixel la! More the merrier. Just like money.

You sure cannot resist. When 4DX comes out you sure buy one
    No lah.. Just add my wish list : 300mm or 400mm f2.8G VR2 ha ha.. That is what I need more than the body megapixels.

Haha. OK, I will remember this post and see what you say when the D4X is released

The 300 F2.8 is also in my wish list. It is currently about the same price as the D4.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3
    Haha. OK, I will remember this post and see what you say when the D4X is released

The 300 F2.8 is also in my wish list. It is currently about the same price as the D4.
    Ha ha D4x too expansive and the higher mp can be easily over kill my PC.

One more thing i am only very low profile.

Actually, I am pretty satisfied from the 18MP my 1DX gave me. Totally surprised how the A0 poster came out.

I know this may be somewhat unrelated to the camera itself, but I figured it would be appropriate to ask here since most folks here are D800 users.

Anyone currently using a Macbook Air or a Macbook Pro Retina to process their pictures shot off their D800?

Im considering getting either one of these... since my old iMac can no longer read SDXC cards...
    13" on a MBA, is it sufficient for photo-processing.. given that the 36MP of our D800 is pretty huge. And secondly, does the MBA read SDXC cards from its card slot? I read the specs and it only states SDHC.

How does the retina MBP display benefit the photographers' workflow? Does the retina screen really work better i.e. for fine detail work? I'm asking cos I know most folks DON"T have a retina display. Would this equate to me doing the unnecessary when most folks aren't going to see it that close and that big anyways?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by isaacp81
    I know this may be somewhat unrelated to the camera itself, but I figured it would be appropriate to ask here since most folks here are D800 users.

Anyone currently using a Macbook Air or a Macbook Pro Retina to process their pictures shot off their D800?

Im considering getting either one of these... since my old iMac can no longer read SDXC cards...
    13" on a MBA, is it sufficient for photo-processing.. given that the 36MP of our D800 is pretty huge. And secondly, does the MBA read SDXC cards from its card slot? I read the specs and it only states SDHC.

How does the retina MBP display benefit the photographers' workflow? Does the retina screen really work better i.e. for fine detail work? I'm asking cos I know most folks DON"T have a retina display. Would this equate to me doing the unnecessary when most folks aren't going to see it that close and that big anyways?

Thanks!
    Hi, I am the one still using my MBA 13 inch, mid 2011 model and still works like pretty fast.
    All my shots is a Raw on 75mb around there.
    For editing still fast, cause MBA using SSD.
    But I'm using the NX capture 2 with picasa together.

Unless you wanna works with Photoshop & Lightroom for MBP retina has a much better viewing on 15" LED display.

I'm not a pro and I don't PP that much. But I have a retina MBP and an iMac. I still prefer to use the iMac because a bigger screen is always better.

As for whether there's a noticeable difference in 'quality'....actually, I don't really think so. Not all apps/programs are making good use of the retina screen. That said, the retina screen is much better than my old non-retina MBP.

What's the retina good for? Well, because of the better specs and SSD than my iMac, it feels much faster - but as soon as Apple announces the next iMac, that will change for me :P

Don't have MBA - so cannot comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by isaacp81 View Post

Thanks!

Using a late 2011 MBP. With 8GB 1333hz RAM was ok, now with 16GB 1600hz RAM, better.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

Blog Entries

lol, you guys must try working in the creative industry
    our files can easily go up to 1GB when we do complex or big stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    I know how it feels, my PSD for a simple A0 poster made with 18MP camera is about 1.3GB already

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    My mate does this also.... he has a Mac Pro with 64GB Ram !... and all the extras.... all in all it cost some $15-18K for the computer
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    My mate does this also.... he has a Mac Pro with 64GB Ram !... and all the extras.... all in all it cost some $15-18K for the computer
    $15-18k computer

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    $15-18k computer

Yup... well I went online just now and a top spec Mac Pro will set you back $16,142 but then its his work and life....
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Yup... well I went online just now and a top spec Mac Pro will set you back $16,142 but then its his work and life....
    Well, but if his work really needs that $18k computer and his monthly income that depends on that computer is well over $8k or $10k, then I think it's a necessity

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Wow! For ordinary hobbyist folks like me who complain about 75mb files....better shut up

When I scan film, I save them as 48-bit 20 megapixel PSD files, and they can exceed 100MB. Kiasu mentality I guess. Thankfully the D800/E raws are smaller than that!