Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1006

Thread: D800 User Thread I

  1. #901
    Member shark78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3

    Mr. Rain, only 19 ins.? You need too have at least 24 ins. Best is 27 ins. lah ! :-) :-)
    agree.
    EM5

  2. #902
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3

    Mr. Rain, only 19 ins.? You need too have at least 24 ins. Best is 27 ins. lah ! :-) :-)
    Company only provided me 19 inch and better than used CRT monitor lah

  3. #903
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielleong81

    The Raw file size is 40Mb++. I don't remember whether I was opening View Nx and Capture NX2 together. I tried converting it to full res Jpeg using both View Nx and Capture NX2. Came out still 1000++ pixel. Does it matter opening both programs at the same time?
    No, it doesn't matter. At least we know the source file (raw) is right. Looks like there is a setting problem with the software. As mentioned in an earlier post, seems that the file being opened is the thumbnail preview file.

  4. #904

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Anyone D800 regretted not waitin for the D600 before their purchase?

    For me, I do...
    Me for sure am convince my D300 can do the job. But when you look at the details of D800 shots when zoom 100%, that alone is enough to win hands down.

  5. #905
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas

    I bought D800 at $4K...actually that time, I had an assignment so I thought I can use the D800 for it...but after considering...that assignment, I can still use my D300 to do the job. With the spare cash of $1.1K, I could have use it to buy radio trigger & stuff...haiz.

    *ps: Im just sounding my grumps...
    Ok ok I get what you meant now..,

    For me I will pain like you.. Cause used the better cam and quote like entry level..

    Ha ha
    Last edited by rain5533; 19th September 2012 at 03:37 PM.

  6. #906

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    No, it doesn't matter. At least we know the source file (raw) is right. Looks like there is a setting problem with the software. As mentioned in an earlier post, seems that the file being opened is the thumbnail preview file.
    I need to try formatting my new 32Gb CF card. Read from some other post and they commented it's the memory card error. I wish it will be ok after formatting. Can't wait to go home now and format it right away. OMgosh~ pls dont tell me firmware issue. *pray hard *pray hard

  7. #907
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielleong81

    I need to try formatting my new 32Gb CF card. Read from some other post and they commented it's the memory card error. I wish it will be ok after formatting. Can't wait to go home now and format it right away. OMgosh~ pls dont tell me firmware issue. *pray hard *pray hard
    What CF brand are you using?

    The recommend brand for lexar or Scadisk only.
    Of the formatting can do in camera.

  8. #908
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by nulbonklr View Post
    Me for sure am convince my D300 can do the job. But when you look at the details of D800 shots when zoom 100%, that alone is enough to win hands down.
    Looking in the long term, I might consider getting the Canon A3 printer. So that I can leverage on D800 36MP; but then I will have to charge roughly $25++ per A3 print to cover the cost of A3 printing...but again, unsure if consumers are willing to pay.

    Something for me to ponder on how to leverage D800....because no point shoot at 36MP and not print it BIG BIG
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  9. #909

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    What CF brand are you using?

    The recommend brand for lexar or Scadisk only.
    Of the formatting can do in camera.
    I just got it yesterday, it's Sandisk Extreme 32Gb CF.

  10. #910
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielleong81

    I just got it yesterday, it's Sandisk Extreme 32Gb CF.
    Yap, in the brand new or unused copy, please do ur formatting 1st and used.

  11. #911

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Yap, in the brand new or unused copy, please do ur formatting 1st and used.
    Yeah. Thanks rain.

  12. #912
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    334

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by danielleong81 View Post
    I'm using Capture NX2, usually it will indicate the percentage of the viewing size on top left corner of the image and it says.. let's say 8%. Then you can go to 100% viewing the actualy pixel. But my situation is 50% instead of 8%. I zoomed once and that's it, that's 100%. Zoom in once more and the image getting blur and blur. That is Raw file and I tried exporting it in actual size to Jpeg and the resolution came out is only 1000 ++ pixel (widest width). Weird. Arghhh~~
    I assume you are using Capture NX 2.3.4 but transferring the photos using an older version of Nikon Transfer. Seems like the older versions of Nikon Transfer corrupts the NEFs from D800s. Try copying the files from the CF/SD card directly to the computer without using Nikon Transfer.

    A warning about using a D800 and Nikon Transfer 1.5.3 - PlanetNikon Forum
    d800 small nef files: Nikon D4 - D1 / D800 Forum: Digital Photography Review
    Last edited by linse; 20th September 2012 at 08:41 AM.

  13. #913
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    After saw in D600 photos updates and thinking a bit.. The power still in D800 & the future too.

  14. #914
    Member shark78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533
    After saw in D600 photos updates and thinking a bit.. The power still in D800 & the future too.
    can you please elaborate what you are saying. i cannot understand
    EM5

  15. #915
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shark78

    can you please elaborate what you are saying. i cannot understand
    Hi, that mean once you have D800, even in future you may not need D600 again, unless buy for 2nd body.

    Cause the specs and feature wise, is a big gap.

    Cause yesterday got someone pose and said is a bit regretted after the D600 release.

  16. #916
    Member shark78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

    Hi, that mean once you have D800, even in future you may not need D600 again, unless buy for 2nd body.

    Cause the specs and feature wise, is a big gap.

    Cause yesterday got someone pose and said is a bit regretted after the D600 release.
    ok. now i get you
    EM5

  17. #917

    Default

    Oh yes...sure do disappointed of D600. Once it announced, I go get a D800. Moreover the D800 price is much stable now.

  18. #918
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default re: D800 User Thread I

    The First Real World Nikon D600 ISO Test by fstoppers.

    Link: The First Real World Nikon D600 ISO Test | Fstoppers
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  19. #919
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas
    The First Real World Nikon D600 ISO Test by fstoppers.

    Link: The First Real World Nikon D600 ISO Test | Fstoppers
    Great, but I'm still waiting the KRW version.

  20. #920
    Member GReddyZC76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    singapore, northeast
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas
    Anyone D800 regretted not waitin for the D600 before their purchase?

    For me, I do...
    whyis it so?
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •