Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: D800 User Thread I

Mine's 8010**** so far seems ok..

Happy for you bro

Default re: D800 User Thread I

On a sidenote, do remember to check on the batteries when you're buying your sets/extra batteries for the recall units.

Bought a battery from one of the more reputable "Funan stores" (not AP/CP), and got a affected battery without knowing. Tried to exchange it within the 7 day grace and they just dissed it off as my problem. They didn't know about this (had to point them to the advisory), and even had the cheek to tell straight in my face that "if the battery's dead, we'll exchange it for you, but for this, you need to go to the agent"...

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    On a sidenote, do remember to check on the batteries when you're buying your sets/extra batteries for the recall units.

Bought a battery from one of the more reputable "Funan stores" (not AP/CP), and got a affected battery without knowing. Tried to exchange it within the 7 day grace and they just dissed it off as my problem. They didn't know about this (had to point them to the advisory), and even had the cheek to tell straight in my face that "if the battery's dead, we'll exchange it for you, but for this, you need to go to the agent"...
    Should call NSC and ask them abt the changing policy. If the shop is responsible, report the shop
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

As stated in many reviews, this cam is unforgiving when at high magnification level... what looks sharp on the cam LCD is nt so when u view it on ur pc monitor..
    Do not have anything to compare with for the 24-120 so its very hard for me to say (not sure if any prob its with the lens, the cam or the user!).

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    congratulations! how does the 24-120 f4G perform?
    Dearboy87 - got my unit from Pg...
    significant savings that I cannot ignore... and its my hometown.. so not really a prob for me getting a msian set.

Anyone got the Vertax D12 or Meiki Battery grip? Locally?

I love my cam D800 + 70-200mm.

See for hi-res version to see her eyes: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8281/7...10460bc5_o.jpg

Last edited by kamsky; 9th July 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Nice shot bro...

Quote Originally Posted by kamsky View Post

See for hi-res version to see her eyes: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8281/7...10460bc5_o.jpg

superb detail and nice photo too!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    As stated in many reviews, this cam is unforgiving when at high magnification level... what looks sharp on the cam LCD is nt so when u view it on ur pc monitor..
    Do not have anything to compare with for the 24-120 so its very hard for me to say (not sure if any prob its with the lens, the cam or the user!).

Dearboy87 - got my unit from Pg...
    significant savings that I cannot ignore... and its my hometown.. so not really a prob for me getting a msian set.

"what looks sharp on the cam LCD is nt so when u view it on ur pc monitor.."

Keep in mind that you should also view the pc monitor a little further away compared to your normal viewing distance. You will see a marked improvement. Pretty much the same effect as viewing a large poster close up compared to viewing it a couple of metres away.

BTW, which shop in Penang?

Kamsky, impressed with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Bought one from OP last weekend. $15.
    how's the screen protector? any feedbacks?
    MyFlickr
    FUJIFILM X-T1/XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS

Does anyone know if this bluetooth GPS unit below (called BlueSLR) is available in Singapore and where I may purchase it? It looks pretty cool. Very unobtrusive, stick it onto the 10-pin connector and it gets GPS geotags from your iPhone, iPod, iPad. Then all the EXIF data will have GPS data.

If not this, what GPS solution do you use? I find the hotshoe version so bulky. Not having GPS data also feels incomplete when viewed in the Mac's iPhoto (can't sort by Places)

Blue SLR | B&H Photo Video
    Last edited by atvinyl; 10th July 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Can try this, at each new location take a picture with your iPhone, then transfer the gps data to your dslr images later

Quote Originally Posted by atvinyl View Post
    Does anyone know if this bluetooth GPS unit below (called BlueSLR) is available in Singapore and where I may purchase it? It looks pretty cool. Very unobtrusive, stick it onto the 10-pin connector and it gets GPS geotags from your iPhone, iPod, iPad. Then all the EXIF data will have GPS data.

If not this, what GPS solution do you use? I find the hotshoe version so bulky. Not having GPS data also feels incomplete when viewed in the Mac's iPhoto (can't sort by Places)

Blue SLR | B&H Photo Video

check this out.

Red Hen Systems - Multimedia Mapping, Geo-referencing Video and Photos - Photo Mapping Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by reject

how's the screen protector? any feedbacks?
    It works as expected. The protector for the top screen fits in very well and is flush with the top plate. One can't tell that there is a protector on :-) As with these type of protector, there is a little more reflection than the original screen.
    Last edited by zoom3; 10th July 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sapradin View Post
    Kamsky, impressed with the details.
    holy.. 2MB for a jpeg and that details..
    space killer

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Can try this, at each new location take a picture with your iPhone, then transfer the gps data to your dslr images later
    Thanks Ortega. What software do you use to transfer the data? Or do you mean just Copy and Paste Location in iPhoto?

Thanks for this. It looks like a serious product by a serious company which makes things for the military. Certainly better than blueSLR at first glance. May check this out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atvinyl View Post
    Thanks Ortega. What software do you use to transfer the data? Or do you mean just Copy and Paste Location in iPhoto?
    see this, using iPhoto, aperture can do it too

To copy the location of one photo to other photos:

You can copy the location of one photo to another photo or photos.

• Select a photo that has the location assigned to it that you want to copy, and then choose Edit > Copy.
    • Select one or more photos that you want to assign the same location to, and choose Edit > Paste Location.
      The location is added to the photos, which you can then view using Places.
    Last edited by ortega; 11th July 2012 at 08:51 AM.