Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627303550 ... LastLast

Thread: D800 User Thread I

Default re: D800 User Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by LexuS79 View Post
    Thanks all guru here to help me solve the problem:-) after I replaced a new CF card, my camera is working fine now. :-)
    That's why not in the list of recommended CF & SD card brand better don't used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LexuS79 View Post
    It is D800 vy pro camera?? My friend told me tis a Nikon new launch Camera so I bought it... Btw 14-24 f2.8 & 24-70 f2.8 suitable for tis camera????
    24-70 is great lens to start with D800.

For 14-24, you can always consider later if you find 24-70 is not wide enough for your shots.

Here are some of the shots taken with 14-24.

D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

awesome shoot . where is the location you took this picture ??

any 3rd party MB-D12 b-grip emerged ?
    PG
    M8 - M2 - Voigtlander R3A - 50 cron v5 - 75 cron - 35/2.5 CV classic - OMD - few M42's

Quote Originally Posted by pgopal View Post
    any 3rd party MB-D12 b-grip emerged ?
    They have it at eBay MeiKe MB-D12 Battery Holder Grip for Nikon D800 D800E as EN-EL15 | eBay

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweetguy23 View Post
    Thank God for manufacturers like Meike ........they make using Nikon gear more economical ....... and bearable
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Thank God for manufacturers like Meike ........they make using Nikon gear more economical ....... and bearable
    One more 3rd party manufacturer Vertax D12 For Nikon D800 Battery Grip--PIXEL ENTERPRISE LIMITED

It's indeed great news for D800/E users. $400+ for 2 addition FPS in DX mode really doesn't justify the cost...
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye
    It's indeed great news for D800/E users. $400+ for 2 addition FPS in DX mode really doesn't justify the cost...
    In my opinion, it will still be limited to the number of shot that can be process at one time and the limit of the buffer. The D800 still would not be a perfect sport camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie77 View Post
    awesome shoot . where is the location you took this picture ??
    Thanks. It's taken from Ritz Carlton hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-in-the-woods

From from own (limited) experience, you have to have a grasp of the technicalities of taking photographs. For example, D800 ISO-Auto functions somewhat differently from my D300 (not even mentioning A,S,M modes). You need to dial in the ISO Auto as well (for my own camera.. bit strange but no big deal if I know what and how I would like to shoot). Using manual mode, one could exploit the prowess of the D800 even more fully.

Since I do not know your background or experience, my only advice to to master the basics otherwise you'll be disappointed why the pics didn't turn out the way you want it esp for a $$ camera. On my recent holiday trip, I prefer 'some' of the colour dynamics of shots taken by my daughter using a $300+ PnS camera than even my own D800 >$4000 D800 on P mode :P

Embarrassing... there u go. Haha
    You can tweak your colour dynamics with Picture Control. As a former Fuji Velvia user I prefer the Vivid settings with the saturation bumped up 2 notches. They look more saturated on the camera screen then on the Mac if you shoot Raw. For portraits, you can leave it at Vivid.....or go to Standard with Saturation bumped up 1-2 notches. I find the default Portrait setting too bland. That's just me and each would have his or her own preference.
    Last edited by atvinyl; 26th June 2012 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Actururss

In my opinion, it will still be limited to the number of shot that can be process at one time and the limit of the buffer. The D800 still would not be a perfect sport camera.
    The buffer for D800 is quite large, it's around 17 shots worth assuming there were no writing at all to memory cards and no data leaving the buffer, this is the behavior I get from my camera at 14bit uncompressed raw.

The buffer for D800 is quite large, it's around 17 shots worth assuming there were no writing at all to memory cards and no data leaving the buffer, this is the behavior I get from my camera at 14bit uncompressed raw.
    Mine is facing the Extreme pro SD card, even on viewing display and waiting for loading.

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

Mine is facing the Extreme pro SD card, even on viewing display and waiting for loading.
    Seriously, I don't get what are you trying to say. Viewing and display? What does it got to do with the shooting buffer?

Seriously, I don't get what are you trying to say. Viewing and display? What does it got to do with the shooting buffer?
    I was after shots and press the viewing button and still need to loading and waiting the picture pop up on screen display.

But some time won't and taken very smooth, even shooting buffering still quite fast.

That's why I am not really can understand on using Raw files of SD card.

Most of time I'm still prefer using SD card for easily slot in to transfer the data into my laptop.
    Last edited by rain5533; 27th June 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries

i love the D800's dynamic range, this morning i shoot some macro with and without flash, in the end, i prefer the shots with natural light.
    now thinking of getting new memory cards and lens

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    i love the D800's dynamic range, this morning i shoot some macro with and without flash, in the end, i prefer the shots with natural light.
    now thinking of getting new memory cards and lens
    He he I saw your leak photos an already have lots of lenese wow.

The only recommended is CF extreme pro.

Going to pick up my D800 soon. Need to ask koko cheche for help.

Can someone post all the known problems for D800 and what to test for while in the shop?

Also what is the best price CF and SD cards 16 and 32 GB, and where to get them.

TIA .

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

I was after shots and press the viewing button and still need to loading and waiting the picture pop up on screen display.

But some time won't and taken very smooth, even shooting buffering still quite fast.

That's why I am not really can understand on using Raw files of SD card.

Most of time I'm still prefer using SD card for easily slot in to transfer the data into my laptop.
    So... Basically you mean, it takes a while to load what you just shot onto the LCD screen. And you don't understand why would one shoot raw files into SD card. And you prefer using SD card so that you can transfer easily into your laptop via your onboard SD card reader.

All these and before, it still has nothing to do with the buffer. The buffer I'm referring to is the number of shots the body can hold in its internal memory while photo are taken continuously and files are been written onto your memory card. High speed cards have higher writing speed which helps to free up the buffer faster. What I'm trying to say previously is that the original D800's buffer is quite large. You can continuously take quite a number of shots before the buffer runs out and the camera slows down or stop letting you take any picture until enough memory in buffer are freed up and written into the memory card.

Btw, a digital guide book for D800 and D800E is out in Amazon Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D800E-Di...&keywords=d800