Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast

Thread: D800 User Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by loboclerk

Yes happened on SD card sometimes even when I am shooting slowly. No problem with same card on D80. Happened at night also... so its not due to heat.
    But mine is extreme pro @ 95mb/s wow.
    The happened is shoot in RAW files for continues shots.
    Last edited by rain5533; 12th June 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Default re: D800 User Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    But mine is extreme pro @ 95mb/s wow.
    The happened is shoot in RAW files for continues shots.
    Mine is the same card, 32GB, but I wasn't even shooting continuous shots. 1 shots in 5 seconds at best?
    Macro Photography in SG - http://sgmacro.blogspot.com | Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/sgmacro

Mine is the same card, 32GB, but I wasn't even shooting continuous shots. 1 shots in 5 seconds at best?
    The shots in 5 secs is just depend your shooting style

Let said you shoot with macro an the moving object, definitely you will pressing like continue shoots.

The resolve should be used an CF card, trouble free.
    Last edited by rain5533; 12th June 2012 at 06:42 PM.

DPreview updated their review on D800 with comparisons with D800E.

Nikon D800 review updated with D800E side-by-side testing: Digital Photography Review
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    The shots in 5 secs is just depend your shooting style

Let said you shoot with macro an the moving object, definitely you will pressing like continue shoots.

The resolve should be used an CF card, trouble free.
    Nyah I never did continuous shots before. Still not right to get that problem on SD card...
    Macro Photography in SG - http://sgmacro.blogspot.com | Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/sgmacro

Nyah I never did continuous shots before. Still not right to get that problem on SD card...
    How to shoot in correct way of use in SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

How to shoot in correct way of use in SD card?
    By using normal SD card, I think you should pnly press the release button half way. If you either use thr extreme and pro then you could choose to press it all the way.
    By the way, for me the Extreme work just fine.
    CF is relatively faster than SD. But CF will burn your wallet a bit more.

There is no correct or wrong way.

A problem with D800 probably. Not normal at all to hang for more than 10s suddenly when buffer is no where near full.

There is no correct or wrong way.

A problem with D800 probably. Not normal at all to hang for more than 10s suddenly when buffer is no where near full.
    Yes is correct.. Nikon Should be built-in SDD like iPhone.

After Memory full and simple copy to SD & CF as back up.

Hi owners do we have a list of lenses that are proven to do well with D800? I thought I read heard that some lenses aren't as sharp on D800 as when used in other older cameras? Is it a compatibility issue? Is the 24-70mm 2.8 a good choice to pair as a primary lens for D800?

Quote Originally Posted by Minister View Post
    Hi owners do we have a list of lenses that are proven to do well with D800? I thought I read heard that some lenses aren't as sharp on D800 as when used in other older cameras? Is it a compatibility issue? Is the 24-70mm 2.8 a good choice to pair as a primary lens for D800?
    There isn't any compatibilities issues since Nikon did not change their mounts since the introduction of the F mount.
    Lens performance is just one part contributing to a desired sharp picture.

The 24-70mm in my opinion pairs very well with the D800 on paper as a general all rounder
    However you will need to consider other factors such as weight over a pro-long period of use as a downside to this selection.
    Prime lenses will give you better image quality in general.

I suggest you shop per need, and rent the lenses desired to have a real first hand feel.
    Everyone has their own opinions and experiences.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming/

Yes happened on SD card sometimes even when I am shooting slowly. No problem with same card on D80. Happened at night also... so its not due to heat.
    Did u happen to turn on noise reduction feature for long shutter and high iso? Not sure about D800 but d300 will refuse to take the next shots when it is processing the NR for the last shot.

Finally get my D800 at causeway point :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursor View Post
    Did u happen to turn on noise reduction feature for long shutter and high iso? Not sure about D800 but d300 will refuse to take the next shots when it is processing the NR for the last shot.
    I usually switch off NR for long exposures, but not high ISO. NR for long exposure can take very long, but not for high ISO. The delay is usually negligible.

The delay I am experiencing is random. 99% of the time, it is ok. But its just that 1% of the time when the camera stalls, and I have to wait abnormally long times before being able to take my next shot.

Anyone experiencing a lubricant stain on the sensor?

Two weeks and need to send to Nikon service centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Anyone experiencing a lubricant stain on the sensor?

Two weeks and need to send to Nikon service centre.

The sensor stained seems a common issue.

I bought a new D800 with a16GB CF card, the moment I insert CF card and turn it on, the screen turn blank and could not take any shoot. After I remove the CF card, all becomes normal. Is anyone there know what happen to it as I'm the new user of DSLR?

I bought a new D800 with a16GB CF card, the moment I insert CF card and turn it on, the screen turn blank and could not take any shoot. After I remove the CF card, all becomes normal. Is anyone there know what happen to it as I'm the new user of DSLR?

Last edited by nightwolf75; 23rd June 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Which brand r u using? Try to stay with either Lexar or Sandisk. Some people advised against Kingston esp on the D800 which is rather choosy with its cards.

U can refer to D800 instruction manual.. p434/5 (electronic version)

Hope that helps

Bro Thanks for your help .. Will try it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-in-the-woods
    Which brand r u using? Try to stay with either Lexar or Sandisk. Some people advised against Kingston esp on the D800 which is rather choosy with its cards.

U can refer to D800 instruction manual.. p434/5 (electronic version)

Hope that helps
    My memory card is Kingston 16gb 133x / elite pro... How about this card? Suitable for D800???? Please advice