Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Settings for Dry Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    I just check the RH after locking the cabinet for the whole day. Still at 53% leh..onli drop 1%... ...btw dun tink I will lock it again coz the lock will scratch the inside of the cabinet leh...heart pain...haa

I nw doing the salt test...btw jus a pinch of salt will do liao rite?..I use those small mineral water's cap den put ard 1 tablespoon of salt in it den drop a few drops of water on it den leave inside the ziplock ....guess tml den I know the result liao...

btw anybody encounter any prob with the digi cabi...like whether the hydrometer is accurate anot...tink this hydrometer we cannot calibrate one rite?...
    Agar agar can liao lah... no need so accurate. We not doing some high precision RH thing also... The more you kan chiong the more you worry and the more things will screw up. Relax...

Digi-Cabi is fine... no problems... just that my hygrometer is off by 3%. The ones we have cannot calibrate... unless you get the Professional series. That one can calibrate I think.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    My cabinet is 2 days old. It takes about 24 hours to bring the RH down to 50%. Sloooowww......

The technology used is not intelligent enough. It can only control the power. (High/low) Cannot set it to maintain at 50% RH. The knob should control the RH level, while the power is auto. But buy liao, lan lan la.

There is no serial no.
    i would like to share something with the digicabi users.

i have 2 db-066 60 liter sets, first one i use for camera and personal stuff, the 2nd for misc stuff (old swatches etc).

for the first set, when i first got it, it took next to 3? 4 days just to bring down the humidity level to probably, 50%. kind of slow, but probably it's the thin sponge in the case that traps some humidity, thus slowing the process.

dont worry about it taking long initially - when i first got it, i was kind of like a kid once more - "yaay! i have now a refridgerator in my own room..."

the lad from the distribution company, of whose name i can't recall now, is a very pleasant chap. the 5 years warranty (isit? can't recall now) is solely for the dehumidifier unit. of note, my first purchase DB066 has a DH unit that only has ONE red led, that is just a simple power indicator. the newer unit has a slightly different DH unit, that has a green and red led. can't remember how it is different otherwise. can't see the 2 leds inside the newer unit now, because i have a whole lot of trash that is blocking the door

Quote Originally Posted by Amekaze
    Agar agar can liao lah... no need so accurate. We not doing some high precision RH thing also... The more you kan chiong the more you worry and the more things will screw up. Relax...

Digi-Cabi is fine... no problems... just that my hygrometer is off by 3%. The ones we have cannot calibrate... unless you get the Professional series. That one can calibrate I think.

haa.. tink maybe I 2 kan chiong...

btw I just check the hydrometer....it is hovering ard 79-80%...guess mine off by 5% den....oh well guess I jus have to set the RH lower tis time....

I din do the salt test leh. Too excited to use it, so stuff everything inside liao. Maybe i should do it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    dont worry about it taking long initially - when i first got it, i was kind of like a kid once more - "yaay! i have now a refridgerator in my own room..."
    Oh yeah. The door's design is similar to a fridge's. Very cool.

I had a "tropic dry". No matter how long i waited, my independent hygro still indicates 54%, while the hygro provided indicated 45%...

Now I also don't know which brand can give me ~35% RH....

Anyone can help? I need a big one to store every thing i have... most importantly my negs and prints...

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    haa.. tink maybe I 2 kan chiong...

btw I just check the hydrometer....it is hovering ard 79-80%...guess mine off by 5% den....oh well guess I jus have to set the RH lower tis time....
    Huh... do you mean set lower or higher. If lower, your hygrometer reading at 45% would mean 40%RH leh... Don't make it too dry wor.

Quote Originally Posted by helium
    I had a "tropic dry". No matter how long i waited, my independent hygro still indicates 54%, while the hygro provided indicated 45%...

Now I also don't know which brand can give me ~35% RH....

Anyone can help? I need a big one to store every thing i have... most importantly my negs and prints...
    There should be at least some setting like HI and LO right? Just adjust till you get the RH you want lor?

[QUOTE=Amekaze]Huh... do you mean set lower or higher. If lower, your hygrometer reading at 45% would mean 40%RH leh... Don't make it too dry wor.
    QUOTE]

Oooppss sorry... ...tink I should set the knob so tat the RH show ard 53% ba..so tat technicallly should be 49% liao...haa...thanks again...

so I guess if I dun open the door for a month the rh most prob will go down to 0%?...

maximum liao.... cannot adjust anymore... my Am-Pro seems better.... Need to do something to the tropic dry or my negs will all be gone...

[QUOTE=scramblur11]
    Huh... do you mean set lower or higher. If lower, your hygrometer reading at 45% would mean 40%RH leh... Don't make it too dry wor.
    QUOTE]

Oooppss sorry... ...tink I should set the knob so tat the RH show ard 53% ba..so tat technicallly should be 49% liao...haa...thanks again...

so I guess if I dun open the door for a month the rh most prob will go down to 0%?...
    0%? I doubt so lah... maybe 30+% bah. Anyway it's good open the door once in a while to let new air to circulate and replace the stale air inside.

Quote Originally Posted by helium
    maximum liao.... cannot adjust anymore... my Am-Pro seems better.... Need to do something to the tropic dry or my negs will all be gone...
    try putting some silica gel inside?

Deregistered

btw, i bought a separate digital hygrometer for about 30 dollars, and placed it in the dry cabinet that i keep my camera gear in, "just in case". space electronics, sim lim square basement 1, or sim lim tower basement. they have shops all over both sides

Yesterday just went DIY shop at causeway pt, den buy those analgoue hydrometer tat was acutually mean for using in cars...cost $6.50 onli...pretty accurate I should say...just did a salt test and it is off by 1% onli...better than the digital hydrometer tat come with the digicabi...

Default Re: Settings for Dry Cabinet

so what is the recommended settings to keep at ?

40% ~ 50% is safe enough. Below 40% is not too good for the rubber in the camera i.e rubber grip, etc. If you have kept chrome strips (unmounted slides) inside, below 40% will cause the slides to curl up.

thanks for the advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12