Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

Thread: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

  1. #61

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post
    dear all who talks, did i mention i did not confront him? what makes you diff if you only comment on other's action and not doing your own? i took the pic, no denial. what did u do? by raising awareness for ppl here to have more awareness, that's my intention. have u done any?
    well.... neither did you mention that you did in fact confront him

    and for us to actually be in that concert hall to do what you have did, we would have to be there in the first place, wouldn't we?

    from your tone of your first post, anyone can tell that you weren't too pleased with him. he might have been inconsiderate, but like theRBK mentioned, hearing the mirror slap/shutter in the hall is another form of disturbance.

    he might be guilty of doing something unpleasant for other concert goers, but in the end, you posting his picture here, with your truthful but incendiary, harsh and vulgar remarks, aren't you doing something unpleasant towards a fellow human being here?

    think about it, no one is perfect. but when you want to raise awareness, do take note that your conduct will also be taken into consideration.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post
    dear all who talks, did i mention i did not confront him? what makes you diff if you only comment on other's action and not doing your own? i took the pic, no denial. what did u do? by raising awareness for ppl here to have more awareness, that's my intention. have u done any?
    You don't need a pic to raise awareness of inconsiderate behavior. Your description was enough to let us know what was wrong about the guy's actions.

    It sounded that you were just being jealous that he had a FF camera and didn't make use of it as good as you can
    Last edited by brapodam; 7th April 2012 at 08:05 AM.

  3. #63

    Default

    Your kid is performing and you want to record because you are proud. So bring all the equipment. Nothing wrong. Not happy with flash, just talk nicely to the guy. No need to post here. Close this thread.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    well.... neither did you mention that you did in fact confront him

    and for us to actually be in that concert hall to do what you have did, we would have to be there in the first place, wouldn't we?

    from your tone of your first post, anyone can tell that you weren't too pleased with him. he might have been inconsiderate, but like theRBK mentioned, hearing the mirror slap/shutter in the hall is another form of disturbance.

    he might be guilty of doing something unpleasant for other concert goers, but in the end, you posting his picture here, with your truthful but incendiary, harsh and vulgar remarks, aren't you doing something unpleasant towards a fellow human being here?

    think about it, no one is perfect. but when you want to raise awareness, do take note that your conduct will also be taken into consideration.
    agree with you on the consideration part, you have a point and i take critic seriously.

    as i said, i took this for evidence. it wouldn't matter that much or people wouldn't care if i do not have any picture evidence right? furthermore, i am enrage for as both audience, and for my friend who is performing. We're all photographers who are behind the scene, but How would you feel if you are on the stage? i am not speaking for myself or just against him, but on behalf of my friends, the performers and audience. It's okay if anyone is not happy with my tone, but please be consider for the performers.
    Last edited by RayDream; 7th April 2012 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    So how does your rage & rantings here help that audience & performers (incl your supposed friend)? Raise awareness, really? Your harsh choice of words in your post betray your personal animosity towards that guy that hints of discrimination, even envy (this, based on your psychological confession/denial in “I am not against some newbie who has financial capabilities to play with the gears they can afford"). You are against him. Is this the way you treat a fellow photographer?

    You can say all you want to justify your actions, after all these posts that raise questions as to your motives & methods, But that guy may not know & does not have a say in how you tried to shame him here, calling him a newbie, fool photographer' with f**king flash etc... Perhaps if it was you in the photo, you did understand where & why the ill-will arise. Sometimes, it is this this type of "photography" that makes people extremely wary whenever a camera is pointed at them & create a deep distrust & distaste for photographers in general.

    Btw you said “the stage managers are school kids”, and “for my friend who is performing”, so you are a kid yourself? I think you are but a parent instead & you are offended he sort of 'hurt' your kid who is performing?
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 7th April 2012 at 02:49 PM.

  6. #66
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Huh? Are these performers nocturnal animals? I think the guy is an inconsiderate, over-enthu parent, but you're being a bit paranoid here.
    depends... if the room is dark, ur eyes adjusted to dark, suddenly one flash hit u can blind u one...

    something to do with iris being too large.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart

    depends... if the room is dark, ur eyes adjusted to dark, suddenly one flash hit u can blind u one...

    something to do with iris being too large.
    Like auto-ISO on program/auto mode, then suddenly one huge flash hits u from another camera

    Haha, I'm rambling rubbish..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  8. #68

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    I find the flashes extremely irritating. and I agree with the author of the post
    The Singapore Amazing Race Project - http://amazingraceproject.com !

  9. #69

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Stomper are worse than newbie who don't know any better.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    I have attended several school performance-type concerts. Usually at these events, there will be many parents armed with cameras (PnS/iPhone usually outnumber DSLR), and I would say that many of them will be shooting with flash on as default regardless of how far away from the stage they are. Even if the organizers state upfront that flash photography is not permitted, it's very hard for the organisers to enforce it. I've only encountered it once where the no flash photography rule was almost 100% abided by the audience. I too put away my flash that time, but luckily I was using a FF set-up so could get away with pumping up the ISO a bit.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    So how does your rage & rantings here help that audience & performers (incl your supposed friend)? Raise awareness, really? Your harsh choice of words in your post betray your personal animosity towards that guy that hints of discrimination, even envy (this, based on your psychological confession/denial in “I am not against some newbie who has financial capabilities to play with the gears they can afford"). You are against him. Is this the way you treat a fellow photographer?

    You can say all you want to justify your actions, after all these posts that raise questions as to your motives & methods, But that guy may not know & does not have a say in how you tried to shame him here, calling him a newbie, fool photographer' with f**king flash etc... Perhaps if it was you in the photo, you did understand where & why the ill-will arise. Sometimes, it is this this type of "photography" that makes people extremely wary whenever a camera is pointed at them & create a deep distrust & distaste for photographers in general.

    Btw you said “the stage managers are school kids”, and “for my friend who is performing”, so you are a kid yourself? I think you are but a parent instead & you are offended he sort of 'hurt' your kid who is performing?
    very observant and pick on my choice of words. Yes I am a bit harsh. I feel newbie can choose to learn in whatever way the want, just do not cause inconvenience to others. Mind you, i do not speak for my own interest or people directly relates to me. No I am not a parent. The 'friend' is a mutual friend, or my friend's tuition kid whom invited my friend and I. I simply feel for others, and her classmates. And if you do not simply understand that kind of feeling and speak for others, it's okay I understand your inability to feel for others, not everyone can do that. I hold my stand in fighting for the people even if they are not directly related to me.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post
    very observant and pick on my choice of words. Yes I am a bit harsh. I feel newbie can choose to learn in whatever way the want, just do not cause inconvenience to others. Mind you, i do not speak for my own interest or people directly relates to me. No I am not a parent. The 'friend' is a mutual friend, or my friend's tuition kid whom invited my friend and I. I simply feel for others, and her classmates. And if you do not simply understand that kind of feeling and speak for others, it's okay I understand your inability to feel for others, not everyone can do that. I hold my stand in fighting for the people even if they are not directly related to me.
    And my stand remains that you do not need a photo to do that, and neither does his owning a full frame camera have anything to do with his inconsiderate behavior. Your description on its own was enough to convey the information that the guy was causing inconvenience for others using flash in a dark performance hall, and that you have something against people who do not know how to use full frame cameras properly.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    not to be kepok, but next time, at least have the courtesy to block out the guy's eyes or face. he may not be courteous in the event but at least show him some courtesy from your own...

    was shooting once for a Buddhist event, my flash was so irritating to the auntie to my right...actually felt ashamed. was shooting once oso for newspaper of chinese acrobats, no flash from me, but a ton of flash from the other newspaper men, shame on them!


  14. #74

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post
    agree with you on the consideration part, you have a point and i take critic seriously.

    as i said, i took this for evidence. it wouldn't matter that much or people wouldn't care if i do not have any picture evidence right? furthermore, i am enrage for as both audience, and for my friend who is performing. We're all photographers who are behind the scene, but How would you feel if you are on the stage? i am not speaking for myself or just against him, but on behalf of my friends, the performers and audience. It's okay if anyone is not happy with my tone, but please be consider for the performers.
    I like how you keep deflecting the blame onto consideration for the 'performers', as mentioned by myself and others... that's a lame excuse because in stage performances the effect on performers is negligible.

    If you say audience, I agree with you... but sounds like its more of your own pet-peeve.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post
    very observant and pick on my choice of words. Yes I am a bit harsh. I feel newbie can choose to learn in whatever way the want, just do not cause inconvenience to others. Mind you, i do not speak for my own interest or people directly relates to me. No I am not a parent. The 'friend' is a mutual friend, or my friend's tuition kid whom invited my friend and I. I simply feel for others, and her classmates. And if you do not simply understand that kind of feeling and speak for others, it's okay I understand your inability to feel for others, not everyone can do that. I hold my stand in fighting for the people even if they are not directly related to me.
    What an irony that you are here running down someone and calling name without giving him a chance to response yet claiming you feel for others!

  16. #76
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post
    as i said, i took this for evidence. it wouldn't matter that much or people wouldn't care if i do not have any picture evidence right? furthermore, i am enrage for as both audience, and for my friend who is performing. We're all photographers who are behind the scene, but How would you feel if you are on the stage? i am not speaking for myself or just against him, but on behalf of my friends, the performers and audience. It's okay if anyone is not happy with my tone, but please be consider for the performers.
    Did you even asked your friend how (s)he perceives the flash on stage? Is it really so much of a disturbance or is it rather you suspecting something and ranting on behalf of other stage performers? Have you spend some time being on stage to see whether a flash from 10m or further away really matters? Even if you have the best of intentions - if your tone is wrong and your description shows a few obvious gaps it reduces your credibility and the awareness goes of in a different direction. Instead of creating awareness for stage performers you did a clear disserve to them with your questionable style.
    EOS

  17. #77

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat yorkshire View Post
    Personally I feel 90% of the stuff on Stomp is a disgrace . People can post any picture and make any claim on a website owned by the Strait Times.
    Even though he picture and "the claim" do not in anyway match up . As is the case here, we see no pictures of the photographer 2 metres from stage constantly fire a flash gun in the face of performers . If this is what he was doing why wasn't this the picture that was taken ?. To me it looks like a guy just sitting near the back of a banked theatre holding some camera equipment .

    There are 5% of posts on Stomp are reasonable (such as a Maid standing on an outside ledge to clean the windows) but the rest are kiasuism gone mad. " look here are teacher in a disco....it shouldn't be allowed " These ridicoulus Stomps are then picked up by the lazy ST journalists and fill the ST and AsiaOne websites .

    Many of the posts on Stomp just lead to page after page of vile racial taunting which doesn't really help anybody.

    I totally agree.

    Let's say you behave 99% and was caught on camera that 1 time you were unaware of you own actions irritating others

    For eg, you always give up your seat on the train/bus, but was caught on camera that one time you were deep in thoughts and unaware of a pregnant lady standing there

    Sometimes i m guilty of doing things to others that I normally hate when people do to me.

    For example,
    I hate people who walk in front of me when I am in a shop looking at something on a bookstore shelf
    ,they could have walk past my back instead of blocking my view. Worst is when they stop right in front of me, thus blocking my view

    So I make it a point to walk behind a person if he's looking at things on a shelf at stores/supermarket

    However there was this time I was deep in thoughts while browsing at a cd shop, and I stop when I found the cd that I wanted. I was unaware that a man was behind me looking at the same shelf. I only realised when he moved away and made a "zit" sound. I'd be pissed if he took a picture and stomp it

    I wish people where more aware of escalator hogging issues in Singapore. Personally it's courtesy to let people in a hurry to pass you if you are just standing on the escalator. I hate it when i am rushing and gets block by people whole takes up the whole step on a escalator(especally when they are aware you want to pass). Yes a polite "excuse me" will work, but wouldnt it be a better world if people keep to the "keep to one side" rule? Hence My wife and baby girl and I all stand in one line instead of side by side while on a escalator.

    I admit there are a rare couple of times when I was talking to my wife and forgot and block people who wants to pass us. I'd be pissed if someone took a photo of me and stomp it

  18. #78

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    I wish people where more aware of escalator hogging issues in Singapore. Personally it's courtesy to let people in a hurry to pass you if you are just standing on the escalator. I hate it when i am rushing and gets block by people whole takes up the whole step on a escalator(especally when they are aware you want to pass). Yes a polite "excuse me" will work, but wouldnt it be a better world if people keep to the "keep to one side" rule? Hence My wife and baby girl and I all stand in one line instead of side by side while on a escalator.
    I was at the recent March IT fair and rushing back to meeting after lunch hour. A middle aged man and his wife blocked the escalator I say gently please excuse me, he look at me one kind and refused to move. So I Parkour across and he (and me) were both amazed that a fat guy like me can still achieve such dexterity. I was quite pleased even though he blocked me.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  19. #79

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    And what did you do to prevent something this "unacceptable"? You don't speak up to him and yet you come here to complain? In my opinion, you are also in the wrong! If you have at least tried to speak to him and remind him that flash photography may not be suitable, it's another thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by RayDream View Post


    This bugger use a full frame DSLR, with 70-200mm tele lens, sitting far from the stage, and point the f**king 580EX FLASH directly at the performers during the concert.. (not 90 degree up like you see now in this pic, even so it's still inconsiderate). The stage managers are school kids and no one controls the audience.

    I am not against some newbie who has financial capabilities to play with the gears they can afford. However being inconsiderate to the stage is simply unacceptable.

  20. #80
    Member Expat yorkshire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Balestier, Singapore
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    One final thought from me on this picture. When was this taken ?

    If it was the start of the concert ( as it appears to be) How did the TS know that the photographer was going to use his camera in an inappropriate way ?

    Did he just stomp him based on his equipment ?


    If it the end of the concert why it the flash pointing upwards , and not at 90 degrees ? It would be an odd thing to do to shoot at 90degree and then push upwards after you have finished shooting ?

    in any case there is absoutely no need to post his pictures as he cannot defend himself and has no right of reply

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •