Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

  1. #41

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    See situation.

    Some events and performance are VERY controlled. Some are NOT controlled.

    Had shot one where I cannot shoot till the song end and the audience starts clapping. Videographer kept looking at me, shake his head, and yawn.

    2 hour boring stand there wait for everyone to clap then can blast off a few frames. But nevermind, they pay me by the hour.

    Fark, I think the audience also not even allow to talk too. Maybe even farting also cannot.

    Then they are 'free for all' events, people shooting right in your face, flash blasting 9 frames per second, shouting "look at here look at my camera!" "I love your songs, I support you!!!"
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  2. #42

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by ICPIXELS View Post
    Let's not talk about how far he is sitting or if he is using a direct flash, I think it is simply not nice to put somebody's photo online and call him names without giving him any chances to explain. He is probably not on the forum anyway..

    If you can take his photo, take pains to upload his photo and start a thread, I certainly think that you could have took 5 sec to walk to him and tell him not to use his flash.

    This photo is probably going to be reported on Stomp soon by bo liao people who like to create hooha online..
    I agree with you that it is not nice to just anyhow post a person's pic online. I also don't feel that Stomp is good but how did you know that TS did not step forward to tell him not to use his flash? I think it's good that TS has posted a thread to share how sometimes being overzealous can be a very inconsiderate behaviour. I've never shot events/ weddings (casually or professionally) before but it was through people sharing in clubsnap that I learnt how sometimes photography enthusiasts obstruct the official photographer at the friend's wedding. And I share these with friends who know less about such stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    typical Singaporean.

    Mouth too big, courage so little.

    can post on stomp, but not approach stranger to say "please, you're bothering us and the performers"
    I've nothing against anyone but what are you trying to insinuate? I'm surprised that someone even liked your comment!

  3. #43
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw

    I've nothing against anyone but what are you trying to insinuate? I'm surprised that someone even liked your comment!
    but what he said is quite true. Got guts to stomp no balls to do the right thing. Though maybe his wordings may have been abit harsh but his sentiment, I support.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  4. #44

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    typical Singaporean.

    Mouth too big, courage so little.

    can post on stomp, but not approach stranger to say "please, you're bothering us and the performers"
    typical photographer shoot with their camera and not with their mouth
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  5. #45

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    From TS thread, it is highly reasonable to assume and he did not approach the photographer, else he would have extra caution of TS taking photo of him.

    Either way, TS is onboard and can explain or declare whether he approached the guy. However, there is no way the photographer can defend himself here..

    Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw View Post
    I agree with you that it is not nice to just anyhow post a person's pic online. I also don't feel that Stomp is good but how did you know that TS did not step forward to tell him not to use his flash? I think it's good that TS has posted a thread to share how sometimes being overzealous can be a very inconsiderate behaviour. I've never shot events/ weddings (casually or professionally) before but it was through people sharing in clubsnap that I learnt how sometimes photography enthusiasts obstruct the official photographer at the friend's wedding. And I share these with friends who know less about such stuff.

  6. #46
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by PilsnerLiam View Post
    As a musician, I understand what TS meant. When u are looking at the conductor, concentrating on following his/her conducting and facial expressions...suddenly, one pop of light illuminates the audience seat. The mood is suddenly gone. Even if the photographer did off his flash and used the infra to assist his focusing, the shutter sound is enough to affect the musician's mood.
    Do spread the word to stop/discourage flash popping and mirror slapping from affecting the performers.
    Er... I have been to concerts and stuff like that... Unless you are next to the performers... can you really heard the slapping of the mirror in our camera? Seriously... even people right next to me cannot hear because of the loud noise in the performance.

    I do support that flashes are irritating, but frankly, it will not cause any harm to the performance except to serve as irritants... and thats it... true, maybe that will bring down the mood of the performers, so the best way would be to ban photography in such concerts.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  7. #47
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    typical Singaporean.

    Mouth too big, courage so little.

    can post on stomp, but not approach stranger to say "please, you're bothering us and the performers"
    Sis. It is highly offensive that the word 'singaporean' is placed here. I mean, this sentiments had been around in any nations in the world, not just Singapore. I have been to many countries (including China, Malaysia and Australia) people are always like that and not just Singaporeans.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  8. #48

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw View Post
    I've nothing against anyone but what are you trying to insinuate? I'm surprised that someone even liked your comment!
    I agree with him though. If you really feel that is wrong, why not just tell the guy that he is disturbing other people? Put his face on stomp or CS will improve the situation at that point in time? No. Will it improve the situation in the future? Maybe, but not for the right reasons. People will avoid doing it to avoid being stomped, and not because they are aware that they are disturbing other people

  9. #49
    Member Expat yorkshire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Balestier, Singapore
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Personally I feel 90% of the stuff on Stomp is a disgrace . People can post any picture and make any claim on a website owned by the Strait Times.
    Even though he picture and "the claim" do not in anyway match up . As is the case here, we see no pictures of the photographer 2 metres from stage constantly fire a flash gun in the face of performers . If this is what he was doing why wasn't this the picture that was taken ?. To me it looks like a guy just sitting near the back of a banked theatre holding some camera equipment .

    There are 5% of posts on Stomp are reasonable (such as a Maid standing on an outside ledge to clean the windows) but the rest are kiasuism gone mad. " look here are teacher in a disco....it shouldn't be allowed " These ridicoulus Stomps are then picked up by the lazy ST journalists and fill the ST and AsiaOne websites .

    Many of the posts on Stomp just lead to page after page of vile racial taunting which doesn't really help anybody.
    Last edited by Expat yorkshire; 4th April 2012 at 08:06 PM.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat yorkshire View Post
    Personally I feel 90% of the stuff on Stomp is a disgrace . People can post any picture and make any claim on a website owned by the Strait Times.

    There are 5% of posts that are reasonable ( such as a Maid standing on an outside ledge to clean the windows) but the rest are kiasuism gone mad. " look here are teacher in a disco "

    Many of the posts just lead to vile racial taunting which doesn't really help anybody.
    True, many on Stomp are just keyboard warriors. They saw something that does not conform with their narrow perspective and took a photo of it. Then, they post it on stomp to shame the victim.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    well, i speaketh the truth. while Singaporeans are not the only ones doing it, i've been to many countries when i was younger and boy, if they don't like it they'll tell you straight off.

    in Singapore, the nosiness has come to a point where Stomp has become the battlefield for "citizen journalists" to paint the country red with narrow-mindedness. no one questions what, when, how, why it came about, but "according to stomper xxx" that is the real reason.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    well, i speaketh the truth. while Singaporeans are not the only ones doing it, i've been to many countries when i was younger and boy, if they don't like it they'll tell you straight off.

    in Singapore, the nosiness has come to a point where Stomp has become the battlefield for "citizen journalists" to paint the country red with narrow-mindedness. no one questions what, when, how, why it came about, but "according to stomper xxx" that is the real reason.
    Here, citizen journalism is a cheap excuse for flaunting your self righteousness

  13. #53
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    in Singapore, the nosiness has come to a point where Stomp has become the battlefield for "citizen journalists" to paint the country red with narrow-mindedness. no one questions what, when, how, why it came about, but "according to stomper xxx" that is the real reason.
    The difference to other countries where such websites exists in a niche is, here it becomes mainstream entertainment hosted / operated by a government press holding. That's makes me vomit in the first place. But secondly, it simply gets too much attention. Now, one could wonder whether SPH wants to save money on hired journalists and wants to fill the columns with sh*it brought in for free. On the other hand, the old Roman motto "Panem et circenses" comes to my mind. People kept busy snapping pictures of rice bags falling from the pile in markets or complaining about noisy birds in front of the window will not have much time to think about topics like how a party can grab 95% seats in the parliament with only 60%+ votes or how important social functions of the state are turned into profitable businesses with the resulting price hikes (just to name a few).
    The only positive side effect: with so many keen snappers of irrelevant crap the half-time of whatever is loaded there is pretty short, mostly.
    Last edited by Octarine; 5th April 2012 at 09:38 AM.
    EOS

  14. #54

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    lol, TS opened a thread to flame someone but in the end back fire got shot in his leg..

  15. #55

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Agreed that flash is not cool..as it can irritated the audience and performances. As discussed have TS approach the guy and tell him off? Or just choose to snap his photo then come online and rant..If you did..So what did he told you?
    Since you said he is using a FF DSLR...white lens..etc etc (You must have observe him quite awhile i guess?)

    ..Hmm.. I really hope this is not a case of you're feeling angry and also at the same time jelly with his expensive equipment therefore decided to shame and get attention online.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    I think it depends on culture, when I was in Australia studying, during lectures, some of the guys talked and the Aussies will politely tell them that lessons is still in progress, just lower their voices.

    but in Asian countries, people tends to keep to themselves, probably secretly take pictures, or show faces behind someone's back, or text messages to their friends about what happened or publish on Facebook about their displease over certain people or situation.

  17. #57
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    same as my friend lah, she insist to turning on the flash when taking night panorama pics. When told it won't reach the building she showed me the pic, saying see! see! well exposed
    Last edited by dennisc; 5th April 2012 at 05:22 PM.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Er... I have been to concerts and stuff like that... Unless you are next to the performers... can you really heard the slapping of the mirror in our camera? Seriously... even people right next to me cannot hear because of the loud noise in the performance.

    I do support that flashes are irritating, but frankly, it will not cause any harm to the performance except to serve as irritants... and thats it... true, maybe that will bring down the mood of the performers, so the best way would be to ban photography in such concerts.
    actually, yes, it is possible to hear mirror slap in an acoustically well designed venue and depending on what's the performance and how far one is from the performer and how far away is the photographer... I have personally experienced it a couple of times, including once earlier this year at a performance at the NUS YST Conservatory Concert Hall, though luckily for that photographer (he was the official photographer, sure, but there are ways to reduce the impact of the shutter slap), he was on a different level from me and thus did not get a firm word from me...

  19. #59

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    but what he said is quite true. Got guts to stomp no balls to do the right thing. Though maybe his wordings may have been abit harsh but his sentiment, I support.
    dear all who talks, did i mention i did not confront him? what makes you diff if you only comment on other's action and not doing your own? i took the pic, no denial. what did u do? by raising awareness for ppl here to have more awareness, that's my intention. have u done any?

  20. #60

    Default Re: Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Agreed that flash is not cool..as it can irritated the audience and performances. As discussed have TS approach the guy and tell him off? Or just choose to snap his photo then come online and rant..If you did..So what did he told you?
    Since you said he is using a FF DSLR...white lens..etc etc (You must have observe him quite awhile i guess?)

    ..Hmm.. I really hope this is not a case of you're feeling angry and also at the same time jelly with his expensive equipment therefore decided to shame and get attention online.
    to be honest with you, i am perfectly capable in getting the equipment my own, no need to be jealous or get attention. please read the description carefully, the aim of descriping the gear is to explain that under such range, full frame without crop, it doesn't make any single sense. u are right, i am observing him, trying to catch the moment, or evidence, before i confront him. too bad i can't capture the exact evidence of him flashing after the intermission. what happen if i didn't even make this shot?

    i do expect mixed feedback by raising awareness. feel free to comment.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •