3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    5. Alvin Yeoh aka Evilmerlin
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    11. ecc35 (bought mine at CP for S$100, too eager to try)

Quote Originally Posted by ecc35
    1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    Hi ecc35,

Saw you looking for the 85 & 100mm OM Zuiks ? Any luck so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by bariq
    ... i spoke with the divisional manager and he said that there is hard and fast rule that the OM adapter should be given or not, it all depends on how the customers represent to Oly that they want the adapters. So the message in the bottle is to write up to Oly collectively about the adapter.
    I personally feel that now Oly SG is trying to listen to customers as they feel they are loosing much of their base here. Divisional manager is a cool guy and he assured me that what happened in past was past, from now on Oly SG will really listen to what customers want etc etc.
    Hi there,

In today's Straits Times, Olympus SG is having a second E300 session (Registration required) on the 28th Dec at their Valley Point Tower office.

Would you prefer this venue/event to take up your OM adaptor issue collectively to writing to Oly SG? You may wish to provide other feedback or tryout other Zuiko Digitals there. Also a good opportunity for the Oly E CS members to meetup.

It's that time of the year when most are out celebrating, so I'm unsure if it's good timing but just a suggestion :-)

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin
    Thats just plain wrong! Time to email Olympus man!

Where is your source of info? So that I can point Olympus to it.
    Hello Evilmerlin,

The OM adaptor is not an official Oly product & is unlisted in their E system lineup.

I do not know what are the current arrangements with regards to autonomy in deciding product availability. But earlier, I understand that different regions of Oly's markets are given the right to decide which products to bring in & support. It's possible that we're looking at different practices adopted for various regions.

Before referring Oly SG to any sources that may come your way, consider this link (unverified).

Rgds,

Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hi ecc35,

Saw you looking for the 85 & 100mm OM Zuiks ? Any luck so far ?
    Hi Chancy,

Can't find a good and well priced 85mm. There is one at Alex, but quite a lot of scratches. One at lucky Chinatown, but he wants to sell all 16 lenses one shot
    100mm F2, saw one at Ron, but as usual his price is very high one

so end up i look at my E1 with om adapter(S$100) for portrait. used both om 50mm f1.8 and f1.4. f1.8 is quite ok, but there is a greeny yellowish cast which is quite difficult to ps away. i may eventually buy the 50mmf2 digital zuiko for the edge to edge sharpness, di di (auto focus) and good color. i will then self-hypnotise and convince myself it is like using the 100mm f2 on om1 plus instant review.

currently i have:
    50mmf1.4
    50mmf1.8
    24mmf2.8
    135mmf2.8
    vivitar s1 (komine) 70-210mm f2.8-4.
    25mm extension
    still waiting for vivitar 2x macro tele-converter to arrive.

just goto dpreview and check the oly forum and see how many ppl are telling about the OM adapter, some people are getting it from prague coz london seems to be out of stock, and US everyone already know that they are giving even without blinking an eye.

just goto dpreview and check the oly forum and see how many ppl are telling about the OM adapter, some people are getting it from prague coz london seems to be out of stock, and US everyone already know that they are giving even without blinking an eye.
    Hi Bariq,
    Nothing beats the zuiko digital lenses on E1 in terms of edge to edge sharpness and colour.
    If you already have OM system and lenses, then the adapter make sense. Otherwise, it is more rewarding to buy zuiko digital lenses. Hopefully with more E users, AP and CP can bring in more lenses in bulk and the prices will drop.

Hi Chancy,

Can't find a good and well priced 85mm. There is one at Alex, but quite a lot of scratches. One at lucky Chinatown, but he wants to sell all 16 lenses one shot
    100mm F2, saw one at Ron, but as usual his price is very high one

so end up i look at my E1 with om adapter(S$100) for portrait. used both om 50mm f1.8 and f1.4. f1.8 is quite ok, but there is a greeny yellowish cast which is quite difficult to ps away. i may eventually buy the 50mmf2 digital zuiko for the edge to edge sharpness, di di (auto focus) and good color. i will then self-hypnotise and convince myself it is like using the 100mm f2 on om1 plus instant review.

currently i have:
    50mmf1.4
    50mmf1.8
    24mmf2.8
    135mmf2.8
    vivitar s1 (komine) 70-210mm f2.8-4.
    25mm extension
    still waiting for vivitar 2x macro tele-converter to arrive.

Hello ecc35,

You certainly went through much trouble getting the OM adaptor. Well I have the 85 & the 100 and the latter is the better of the two for the E1 and is the one I use most. In the absence of a 100f2 Zuiko Digital equivalent, I'm optically contented with the OM variant. The 85mm is softer, even when mounted on the OM, but since I do portraits more, it's actually suited for the job. But manual focusing even at F2 for these lenses is not easy due to the lower image magnification in the E1 finder.

I obtained great results with the 135mm macro when shooting at non macro distances but have yet to use my 80mm macro & a 135mm normal tele yet. My zooms produces pictures that generally soft to begin with & needs tripod mounting to get better image quality. So I'm sticking to OM primes for my E1.

I also agree with your latest statement that for best performance & usability on the E1, Zuiko digitals are the way to go. It takes great effort & patience to use the OM lenses effectively digitally in stop down mode.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bariq,
    Nothing beats the zuiko digital lenses on E1 in terms of edge to edge sharpness and colour.
    If you already have OM system and lenses, then the adapter make sense. Otherwise, it is more rewarding to buy zuiko digital lenses. Hopefully with more E users, AP and CP can bring in more lenses in bulk and the prices will drop.
    Hi Ecc35,

I do agree with you that nothing beats the digital lenses on the E system cams. But i already have 3 old lenses which i want to use. Yeah i know the edges wont be as sharp as digital ones, but still you can crop the pic. The lenses iam having are f2.8 and less aperture, if i have to buy those in digital it will cost me a bomb. Thats the reason me and some of the people who moved from old OM series to E-series are pressing for the MA-1 adapter.

I heard that the zuiko 1.4 having serial number over 100000 which have the green tint are the best.

cheers

I heard that the zuiko 1.4 having serial number over 100000 which have the green tint are the best.

cheers
    Hi Bariq, it is 1,100,000 and above. I have one but trust me, focusing at f1.4 for 100mm equivalent is not easy. the bokeh from this combo is close to ridiculous...haha. i have an old f1.8 and i will recommend the f1.8. with the f1.4 you have to stop down to f2 to get any decent results.

Hi Bariq, it is 1,100,000 and above. I have one but trust me, focusing at f1.4 for 100mm equivalent is not easy. the bokeh from this combo is close to ridiculous...haha. i have an old f1.8 and i will recommend the f1.8. with the f1.4 you have to stop down to f2 to get any decent results.
    Thanks for the tip. Let me get my hands on the adapter first hehe

I am a first time DSLR user, bought my E300 camera at the last show. I love the results I am getting but obviously there is more to learn, so what's all this about an adaptor. I think it has something to do with an adaptor that allows older lenses to be compatable with the new camera. Am I correct and what type of saving can I get using the older lenses?

Any way count me in
    1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    12. astrov ( new guy)

The lens can be found online or some shops in Singapore. I'm currently looking for a 50mm f/1.8, saw one on ebay going for around US$50(in box).

Quote Originally Posted by astrov
    I am a first time DSLR user, bought my E300 camera at the last show. I love the results I am getting but obviously there is more to learn, so what's all this about an adaptor. I think it has something to do with an adaptor that allows older lenses to be compatable with the new camera. Am I correct and what type of saving can I get using the older lenses?

Any way count me in
    1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    12. astrov ( new guy)
    Hi Astrov,

Welcome to the E-system world. Well adapters allow the use of older/different type of lenses which are not really meant for the 4/3 mounts. By using different type of adapters you can mount, some of the nikon, pentax, yashica, OM lenses. The free adapter we are talking about here a lot is used to mount the legacy OM (olympus slr) lenses onto the E-series cams.

Be aware that the old lenses are not truly meant for the new technology so you wont have all the metering, auto focus features available with the new lenses and you cant get the edge-to-edge pictures with the legacy lenses. If you having some old lenses and would like to use them then the adapter is of some use to you. If you have dont have any old lenses then stay with the digital lenses, cause some of the adapters for nikon, yashica, pentax mounts costs you around 175USD and you can get a 50-200mm sigma digital lens for around 139USD.

cheers

1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    12. astrov ( new guy)
    13. nightpiper

i definitely want one if its free!! typical s'porean lah, what to do.... i m eyeing on the OM Zuiko 90mm macro. maybe shop online to find one.

Well, I guess it's Xmas & I'm hoping Oly Santa would be flexible & 'adaptorble' this year :-) Let's take this matter up as a team :-)

1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    12. astrov ( new guy)
    13. nightpiper
    14. chancy

Hi Ecc35,

cheers
    i forgot where i read it online, serial 1,100,000 and above are best.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Well, I guess it's Xmas & I'm hoping Oly Santa would be flexible & 'adaptorble' this year :-) Let's take this matter up as a team :-)

1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    12. astrov ( new guy)
    13. nightpiper
    14. chancy
    I might be poppin in to the oly workshop this coming tuesday.

anybody wants to meet up to "press" for the adaptor?

cheers
    chii

Hello Chii,

I'm actually busy but might make time if there's sufficient turnout for an Oly E system meet. But this is a very quiet period of the year.

Perhaps Bariq who's spoke to Oly SG people during the last E300 event could suggest how best this should be done because his original suggestion was to put the request in writing.

Hopefully something positive arises from the compilation of 14 responses so far :-)

Cheers,

I don't have any OM lenses and would probably do better if I stick to the digital lenses. But I will put my name in the list to help boost the nos. for a louder voice.

1. raycsk
    2. Merciless Knight
    3. Bariq
    4. Chii
    6. Serene
    7. cllai
    8. hhho
    9. mezzty
    10. jamestyemk
    12. astrov ( new guy)
    13. nightpiper
    14. chancy
    15. tomcat

Cheers

Default Can i raise my hand..?

Hello all,

having recently bought an E-300 from singapore @ a good price,
    with reasonably good freebies. Am a newbie to DSLR. somewhere
    in one of threads here I read that Alan photo trading in SIMLIM
    square is offering it in good price and SAM is the guy to be contacted.
    (Thanks a lot to whoever posted that..

bought E-300 + kit Lens + 1 GB cf card 2 nos + Olympus Pro Bag + UV filter
    for SGD1650. I think it's good price. I hope to explore more with all
    you folks.

As for the adapter ring, i wrote to Olympus USA and Olympus SG for
    the free issue of it. I ain't got any replies from USA. Oly SG says it
    to be S$109. Has anyone got any replies from OLY sg favoring the free
    issue to it's recent customers..?

cheers & happy shooting,
    adal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast