Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: D4 or D800 , which one to buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by lunas

Sexciting time indeed...haha!!!
    Sounds like u gonna use the D800E for glamour shoot
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Default Re: D4 or D800 , which one to buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I didn't know one have to travel to shoot good photos.
    actually i have to disagree to that
    my "good photo" means wildlife ... probably safari is inevitable.
    his ''good photo'' means Zoo ... mandai $18 entrance can get you there
    Their "good photo" means dog/cats ... downstairs kpt with $1 kopi can prob let you shoot ~20 of them.

Good photos ??
    if i like snow leopard and have green to burn, how could I not travel to shoot one? (>o<)
    Antarctic Aurora, Himalayas, North pole, pyramids, Jerusalem, ???

Not being offensive here... I personally think if budget allows, traveling and taking photo at the same time does gain a reasonably good learning curve.
    Not necessarily good photos as your std are high but at least ''normal'' photo which bundle with experience.

sometime i do laugh at my and others ''silly'' and ''story-less'' photos ... but i keep that to myself.

just my 2 cts la ... no offense
    cheers!

Actually this treaad is a bit out here,
    Cause that mean when I got extra money just get D4 lah, if just enough money to afford then buy D800 lah.

Cause if just entry level here then get the used D700/D300s should be good enough to cover your another 10k shutter count shots in next to 1~2 years usage period

If you're professional type definitely will go D3s/D4 this is understood once , if don't have good workstation how you processed the good quality of products.

If just only needed for shots on actual day I don't mind you get D300s/D700 cause you don't need too larged image of photos at all, even D7000 is cover as well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bethpapa74 View Post
    actually i have to disagree to that
    my "good photo" means wildlife ... probably safari is inevitable.
    his ''good photo'' means Zoo ... mandai $18 entrance can get you there
    Their "good photo" means dog/cats ... downstairs kpt with $1 kopi can prob let you shoot ~20 of them.

Good photos ??
    if i like snow leopard and have green to burn, how could I not travel to shoot one? (>o<)
    Antarctic Aurora, Himalayas, North pole, pyramids, Jerusalem, ???

Not being offensive here... I personally think if budget allows, traveling and taking photo at the same time does gain a reasonably good learning curve.
    Not necessarily good photos as your std are high but at least ''normal'' photo which bundle with experience.

sometime i do laugh at my and others ''silly'' and ''story-less'' photos ... but i keep that to myself.

just my 2 cts la ... no offense
    cheers!
    So, do you think that shooting in Singapore, it is not possible to shoot any good photos? Because that is what I am asking... do you really need to travel to shoot good pictures?

I understand what you are saying, about learning curve, more photo opportunities etc etc etc... But my question is, if you shoot in Singapore, will your pictures automatically suck because you are in Singapore? Because I look around, and I still see so many excellent photos being shot in Singapore.

Sounds like you are missing the point....
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th April 2012 at 06:51 AM.

So, do you think that shooting in Singapore, it is not possible to shoot any good photos?
    i think he meant it as a subjective matter.

but, on a personal view, it is definitely possible to get a nice landscape photo in Singapore.

i disagree when ppl say that there's nothing nice to shoot in Singapore.

just take it as a challenge to come up with something different.

that will really test your eye for detail, compositional skills and your own creativity.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Good photo means perfect exposure, lighting, composition etc? To me good photo must also bring forward some emotion. Whether a peaceful lake, joy of parenthood, celebration of marriage etc.

No doubt when you shoot overseas, it is telling some stories that we don't hear/see everyday. That also means Singapore is overseas, if you are from Russia or Munich; and chicken rice maybe an exotic.

So, do you think that shooting in Singapore, it is not possible to shoot any good photos? Because that is what I am asking... do you really need to travel to shoot good pictures?

I understand what you are saying, about learning curve, more photo opportunities etc etc etc... But my question is, if you shoot in Singapore, will your pictures automatically suck because you are in Singapore? Because I look around, and I still see so many excellent photos being shot in Singapore.

Sounds like you are missing the point....
    I believe you do get ''good'' photo anywhere so long you believe in yourself ...
    probably someone doesnt even have to step out of his house and could gain tons of nice pictures.
    overseas/local/indoor/outdoor .... these are personal preferences which is pointless to discuss.

Art is limitless ... it is the ignorant us that sets the limits.

Blog Entries

I believe you do get ''good'' photo anywhere so long you believe in yourself ...
    probably someone doesnt even have to step out of his house and could gain tons of nice pictures.
    overseas/local/indoor/outdoor .... these are personal preferences which is pointless to discuss.

Art is limitless ... it is the ignorant us that sets the limits.
    My point exactly... So I do not know what you are disagreeing about in the first place.

Maybe you all actually in agreement but don't realize? That's how argument online starts. Lol!
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by wphjames View Post
    To be honest to say that while i teaching outdoor basic class student of 26 of them out of 4 using Hi-end camera and 3 of them using Canon 1DX MK3 and 1 one them using Nikon D3s, what can i object about this nor i have any feeling about the difference from other student. To be true that this students they are Lawyer and doctor,the 3 of them using Canon 1DX MK3 are Doctor from NUH Medical research Dept for Macro works.The Lawyer using Nikon D3s also for macro works which use for investigation purposes, at the mean time, i need all this Hi-end camera for studying them and have better knowledge before students.
    Didn't realize that it is so costly to be an instructor. BTW did you use 'P' mode with your D4?

Quote Originally Posted by jopel

Didn't realize that it is so costly to be an instructor. BTW did you use 'P' mode with your D4?
    P mode for fully auto press and shoots?
    That one only allow for d90, d7k and below

My point exactly... So I do not know what you are disagreeing about in the first place.
    I didn't know one have to travel to shoot good photos.
    I am disagreeing to the 2nd comment lah.
    traveling shots actually elevates ones portfolio to a broader level ...
    I find most of my nicer but though still ''storyless'' photo taken overseas ...
    I am not saying localized shooting is limiting me, but maybe and most likely I get more ''霊感" while I am overseas ....

At this point I am still subjectively commenting on myself ... please dont let that affects you ... my 3 cts

Hey guys ... I'm new to Nikon ... any idea the pricing on :

1) D4
    2) D800
    3) D800E

Where to get cheaper lens other in Singapore ?

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolMadman View Post
    Hey guys ... I'm new to Nikon ... any idea the pricing on :
    where to get cheaper lens other in Singapore ?
    I think HK or M'sia bah

I think HK or M'sia bah
    Thank you ...

Quote Originally Posted by bethpapa74

I am disagreeing to the 2nd comment lah.
    traveling shots actually elevates ones portfolio to a broader level ...
    I find most of my nicer but though still ''storyless'' photo taken overseas ...
    I am not saying localized shooting is limiting me, but maybe and most likely I get more ''霊感" while I am overseas ....

At this point I am still subjectively commenting on myself ... please dont let that affects you ... my 3 cts
    Kinda understand what you saying. Overseas does make me more fired up too! And somehow i like my overseas pics more! Lol..

Or maybe can ask why take picture of models that are good looking? Hee.. Just something to think about. Nothing to argue about.

Hello Bros, this thread is on what to buy...not to comment on others with luxury cameras lei....

Later moderator close the thread.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

waiting for D800E's release.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    waiting for D800E's release.
    In US 12th Apr, which means tmr, they will start shipping D800E limited quantity. To NPS first as usual.

Source: Nikon D800E to be released on April 12th in limited quantities
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Next up, the reviews and the various pictures and youtube videos that will be posted.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast