Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: D4 or D800 , which one to buy ?

To those who mock the guy, show all your pictures to be fair...stop being bitter that he has those camera and you don't...hehehe
    Nikon D90 : Nikkor 18-200VRII : Nikkor 18-55 VR : Nikkor 50mm f1.8 : Nikon SB-900

It's just an action freezing shot. Might not be the taste for everyone.

The last pic in this page would be a better example:

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d4/sample.htm

But let's not tease our fellow members here.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Blog Entries

Default Re: D4 or D800 , which one to buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by plasticeye View Post
    To those who mock the guy, show all your pictures to be fair...stop being bitter that he has those camera and you don't...hehehe
    Are you trying to say those pictures are good? hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Are you trying to say those pictures are good? hmmm....
    Actually no, but i don't tease him or mock him about that... Mocking someone about something he has which is better that you got only one meaning...bitterness... Hehehe
    Nikon D90 : Nikkor 18-200VRII : Nikkor 18-55 VR : Nikkor 50mm f1.8 : Nikon SB-900

Blog Entries

Actually no, but i don't tease him or mock him about that... Mocking someone about something he has which is better that you got only one meaning...bitterness... Hehehe
    But truth be told, those pics are not what he should be proud of, irregardless of the camera he used... because in the end, it is only the result that matters... who really cares what cameras he used?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    But truth be told, those pics are not what he should be proud of, irregardless of the camera he used... because in the end, it is only the result that matters... who really cares what cameras he used?
    agreed... but mocking is different.. i am not saying that he should be proud of anything, i just gave my comments to those who mock the person.

anyway, to those who mock him, why not share some pictures and show your skills... at least we might agree in the end that you have the right to mock the guy. ehehehe

this thread is hilarious !!
    Just mark my day !

I guess the camera body really heightened the expectations....
    Hope I can do well with my incoming D800 ^^
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plasticeye

agreed... but mocking is different.. i am not saying that he should be proud of anything, i just gave my comments to those who mock the person.

anyway, to those who mock him, why not share some pictures and show your skills... at least we might agree in the end that you have the right to mock the guy. ehehehe
    One only need to look at previous started threads and post history to get an idea. Mine are more easily found in my signature.

There's so many trolls and bitters in this thread, lets go back at the main topic shall we?

I see that you shoot events? I'd keep the D3S and combo it with a D800...high ISO and high megapix combo just sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by wphjames View Post
    from what camera is this?

from what camera is this?
    the d4.

I posted this on another thread...hope it is useful to TS...I am also evaluating my options.
    The investment on the D4 is going to be huge! If TS is making $$$ in photography, go for the D4...it a good marketing tool for you as you are adopting the latest technology versus yr competitor, in some way...Also you you will earn back and that's ROI...

For hobbyist, gotta put more thoughts to it....whether it's worth the price or should we wait for a cam with spec that suits our style better

Here's my thought..I am also evaluating my options.
    I am a D300 user and I have the 17-55mm f/2.8

35MP on the D800 is a turn off for me...handling that huge file in RAW can be daunting. So it very much dependent on your shooting style. I usually don't crop my image unless when the composition is really bad during the time of shot. Neither am I a macro shooter. In addition, for a 35MP camera, getting the focusing accurate is paramount. So what if you have the details..if it is OOF a little bit...the negative effects get magnified. I don't like that.

AF wise, I believe it should be different too. The AF of D300 and D3 is so much different especially when shooting in low light. It's miles apart. So I believe the AF system will be diff between D800 and D3s, Im assuming.

To me I know that ISO, AF and FPS is quite important to me as for my shooting style. My options is pretty clear. When the price is right for D3s, I might get it.

But again, I also enjoy shooting wide-angle. So 17-55mm is my workhorse lens. Now, I will have to buy the 24-70 or even get the cheaper 28-300mm. Next, D3s doesn't have built in flash, so I can't do fill or use the CLS...when I travel, I need to carry SB900...another problem...

To conclude, there isn't a clear cut soltution to this..but when you understand your shooting style. Naturally you will be able to narrow down your options. Of course, as of now I think I would like to have the specs of Canon's 5DMKIII. That is perfect for me.

With that said, I am not going to jump ship as I have invested on Nikon lenses. For certainty, I know that Nikon will announce a cam similar to the spec of 5DMKIII in time to come. For now, I will sit on my cash until the choice is obvious
    Last edited by lunas; 7th April 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

ken rockwell's.

nice.

should put a spoiler in advance so that i will know not to click.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

The difference between amateur and professional is that as amateur, hobby is an expense hence no need to calculate ROI.
    Some guys like HiFi, spend S$20,000 on a set of speakers so that the 'ting' of the cymbal sounds better. What is the ROI?

If you are shooting sports, frequently shoots in the dark, can stomach the price difference, the D4 (at 11fps and higher ISO) surely gives you higher chance of getting the right photo.

If you are shooting landscape, in a studio or making large prints, the D800 surely has the edge over the D4.

But as amateur, careful about showing off these top of the range expensive camera to your friends because their cheaper cameras nowadays are very good too. A beginner can 'accidentally' shoot better photos than the D4 on your hand if you are not careful or not daring enough to explore more creative composition .

Quote Originally Posted by Dav-C
    The difference between amateur and professional is that as amateur, hobby is an expense hence no need to calculate ROI.
    Some guys like HiFi, spend S$20,000 on a set of speakers so that the 'ting' of the cymbal sounds better. What is the ROI?

If you are shooting sports, frequently shoots in the dark, can stomach the price difference, the D4 (at 11fps and higher ISO) surely gives you higher chance of getting the right photo.

If you are shooting landscape, in a studio or making large prints, the D800 surely has the edge over the D4.

But as amateur, careful about showing off these top of the range expensive camera to your friends because their cheaper cameras nowadays are very good too. A beginner can 'accidentally' shoot better photos than the D4 on your hand if you are not careful or not daring enough to explore more creative composition .
    I like yr comment on 'accidentally' an entry level DSLR newbie photographs better than the D4 'pro'...very funny..haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

ken rockwell's.

nice.

should put a spoiler in advance so that i will know not to click.
    Bro, u buying anything New?

Hi all bro here, as a true photographer can never mocking or teasing fellow photographer in a forum.I summited those photos is only test shot as i had to wait till on this coming May i am travelling to Xiapu(Fujian) for photography shoot with PSS(Photographic Society of Singapore)with some senior committe and i was one of them and preparing for International Salon compertition. Hence, i am still waiting for my MB-D12 battery vertical grip for D800 to arrive by next week. So therefore all those two Hi-end camera+one mid range and one D90(Converted into Infra-Red)camera were be on the go.
    Last edited by wphjames; 8th April 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast