Thread: color nice? Does it show up in the MTF chart?

Default color nice? Does it show up in the MTF chart?

Was using canon 18-200. Then when I bought a 120-300 sigma that day, my wife commented the color was very nice. Does "color nice" shows up in the MTF chart?

Default Re: color nice? Does it show up in the MTF chart?

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai View Post
    Was using canon 18-200. Then when I bought a 120-300 sigma that day, my wife commented the color was very nice. Does "color nice" shows up in the MTF chart?
    MTF charts only measure sharpness/detail and contrast of a lens.If these are optimum then it would translate into
    "nice colour" bearing in mind the type of camera sensor and the photo processing algorithm/software that is used.
    Norman Koran has a comprehensive database,if you can understand all of the info and the effort you put in then you will be a knowledgeable photographer. Also note that MTF charts like statistics can be manupulated to
    serve an agenda like marketing.Who would want to show bad results so you must know how to interpret such data.
    There are no fixed standard for MTF charts like resolution test charts and variables used to compile MTF data.

Understanding resolution and MTF
    Lens testing
    Fotogenetic - How to Choose a Lens Using MTF Charts
    http://www.dantestella.com/technical.html
    Last edited by one eye jack; 1st April 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Default Re: color nice? Does it show up in the MTF chart?

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai View Post
    Different lenses can affect the color of an image, yes. If you shoot the same scene with a sigma, a tamron and your normal lens, same focal length, aperture, etc, you'll almost certainly see some differences in terms of color and contrast.
    Alpha