Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Super slow SNBB

  1. #21

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    my m1 fiber result :P

    Mine


    But as I said earlier, my problem is not with speed, but stability. Though upload speed is a problem; it takes ages to upload to flickr unless I downres it a lot

  2. #22

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    It's vry frustrating, my singnet broadband is supr dupr slow, practically crawling. Even for normal web browsing oso take a long time to load espec web with lots of image lyke the gallery in clubsnap. If go youtube even worst Anyone with similar experience? My place is in Hillview area, I have call them many times liao but no improvement.

    I use my mobile bb more now as it is faster, so my snbb is lyke useless. Too bad i still have 9 months contract to and cannot terminate. Haiz sorry ah me ranting, vry angry now as i try view some threads here and all fotos load half and continue to crawl
    You would be more likely to encounter connectivity issues if

    a) in an old estate
    b) telephone wall socket is not original
    c) a very long telephone extension cable is used
    d) many corded or cordless phone connecting to the same line

  3. #23
    Member Janetleeyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    @sfoto- they actually came to your place 6x ah? Mine only 2x and to be able to speak to them is a pain so we gave up calling.

    @dreaming- sunday early morning we still zzzzz there are times that speed was okie but it last for lyke 1-2 hours thn slow again

    @Kklee- our place is quite new, i think 10 years or so. Dont have long cable as our place is small and no cordless either.

    The fibre bb speed you guys posted is vry impresive, can hit so fast ah? think have to wait until contract end thn get it.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post

    The fibre bb speed you guys posted is vry impresive, can hit so fast ah? think have to wait until contract end thn get it.
    now got 2 new isp, myrepublic and Viewqwest. heard they are pretty good and cheap compare to m1, sh and ST.


    you can read their reviews here :

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ne...e-3271541.html

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ne...e-3520255.html
    Last edited by ninelives; 4th April 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Objection !!!

  5. #25

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    [QUOTE=Janetleeyj
    @Kklee- our place is quite new, i think 10 years or so. Dont have long cable as our place is small and no cordless either. [/QUOTE]

    Check when you use a normal telephone, do you have any crackling sound or static sound in the background which might cause errors.
    While it is only 10 years, if your surrounding is of high humidity, the connection boxes ( for telephone wires ) may be slightly corroded
    which can cause weird connectivity issues.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj
    @sfoto- they actually came to your place 6x ah? Mine only 2x and to be able to speak to them is a pain so we gave up calling.

    @dreaming- sunday early morning we still zzzzz there are times that speed was okie but it last for lyke 1-2 hours thn slow again

    @Kklee- our place is quite new, i think 10 years or so. Dont have long cable as our place is small and no cordless either.

    The fibre bb speed you guys posted is vry impresive, can hit so fast ah? think have to wait until contract end thn get it.
    Ya.. Many times throughtout the two year pwriod....

    I complain alot .... I suspect line issue... Guess too costly for them to change

    Now i using mobile plan only...

  7. #27
    Member Janetleeyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    Tkx 9lives for the info. We went to last mOnth IT show, myrepublic got promo and not bad, m1 good oso cuz our mobile bb and iphone with them so got line discount.

    Kklee, so far home phone okie, no cracking sound but this area is quite dense, lots of apts.

  8. #28

    Default

    I had similar connection problems a while back. Speed is never bad, I'm using the 3mb plan

    When I had the problem, took them 3-4 visits before they finally fixed the problem at their back end equipment after about 6 months.

    They have facilities to place a log on your line and can know it's exact performance. But if you don't register the problem and call them perioducally no one looks. Yes, crap.

    After it was fixed, I call them for refund on the subscription since I never got the promised service levels. Got about 6 or 9 months waived.

  9. #29
    Member Janetleeyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Super slow SNBB

    Yah they can check and control settings and evrything from their side. When we called they said our speed is not normal, too slow and they reset and ask us to monitor but didnt help. Thing is so difficult to get through their line leh. So they rlly give you refund ah?


    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    I had similar connection problems a while back. Speed is never bad, I'm using the 3mb plan

    When I had the problem, took them 3-4 visits before they finally fixed the problem at their back end equipment after about 6 months.

    They have facilities to place a log on your line and can know it's exact performance. But if you don't register the problem and call them perioducally no one looks. Yes, crap.

    After it was fixed, I call them for refund on the subscription since I never got the promised service levels. Got about 6 or 9 months waived.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj
    Yah they can check and control settings and evrything from their side. When we called they said our speed is not normal, too slow and they reset and ask us to monitor but didnt help. Thing is so difficult to get through their line leh. So they rlly give you refund ah?
    Yes.

    Ask to speak to their supervisor n tell them you're not getting the service you've bought.

    IDA fines them if they're not proving connections up to standard, it's not in their interest to let the matter escalate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •