Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasik surgery

pps
    Guests

Default Lasik surgery

to all those who hv done lasik, care to share yr experience? i hv 50 astig in both eyes, some glare and dry eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pps
    to all those who hv done lasik, care to share yr experience? i hv 50 astig in both eyes, some glare and dry eyes.
    Hmm... me not expert - haven't have courage to go for it but hoh, thought lasik doesn't cure astig?

it does help.

best is go for consultation and the doc will examine if you are suitable for lasik. ie:cornea thick enuff not etc

Normally, people will experience dry eyes after lasik, and some recover from it in a while, some never fully recover. So if you have pre-existing dry eyes, am not sure if ther's any effect.

So, go for consultation if you are interested in not having to wear glasses, and decide after the doctor's advise..

Good luck to perfect vision!

Check this thread
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ighlight=lasik
    Btw, 50? Forget it lah. If u have 500 or more on each eye, then I suggest u go for it.

pps
    Guests

evq, u r mistaken, i went for lasik already. 50 astig, glare and dry eyes r the final results. I'm sure some of u hv better results, care to share?

not sure if you can access. i wrote my experience here (with other experiences included)
    http://hengkah.multiply.com/journal/item/3

evq, u r mistaken, i went for lasik already. 50 astig, glare and dry eyes r the final results. I'm sure some of u hv better results, care to share?
    oh, like evq, i misinterpret your question also.
    I did lasik as well, think 2years ago, still have some astig and glare too. Dry eyes, either recovered, or got used to it.
    Tho not perfect results, i guess i'm quite contented.
    Main reason for me to undergo lasik is so that i can scuba dive and play sports without specs. i still put on a pair of glasses when driving at night. Dont really bother me.

how much and where u guys going for lasik? My friend is very interested in it.

pps
    Guests

stingraytan, what's yr results? u mean yr glare is so bad that u hv to wear glasses when driving? what did yr doc say? i thought lasik is to reduce yr dependency on contact lens/glasses. r u happy with the results?

tokrot, u can check at snec cos that's the cheapest

pps, sorry, misunderstood u.

Anyway, I was 1250 on each of my eyes. Now down to abt 75. Jus imagine, I was 'blind' since 1983(with 300 both eyes). of cos I'm very contented now.

I do have dry eye on my left, cos there was a cut during the surgery, so much pain whenever I put on the eye-drop during the 1st week after the surgery. No pain now.

See? My avatar... I can wear sunglasses without contact lens.

I haven't done lasik myself though very tempted... Glare and dry eyes are something that are holding me back. Cos with contact lenses (especially in cold rooms) I get dry eyes, some blurring results and I dislike that. So if after LASIK I stil get dry eyes, then it's quite the same isn't it!

pps, when u mentioned glare, does it only happen at night or in the day also? So lights look brighter than they should?

Ok, for those who want more info (even though I haven't done LASIK), from my 'massive' reading, I was informed that the higher your eye defect, the less chance there is for perfect correction and higher chance for more side effects like glare, halos, dry eyes and perhaps under/over correction.

Anyway, I was told also that LASIK should not be taken for granted to correct completely any defect. For eg, if you have 1000 'degrees' per eye bef LASIK and after the op, it's 100, it's considered a success already.

Also, btw, the 'degrees' for myopia and astig are not similar. 50 degress for myopia is considered mild but 50-100 degrees for astig is about moderate. 150-200 for astig is rather severe!

To be clear, my eyesight was 850 & 900 degree for Left & Right, & 400 & 350 astig.

pps
    Guests

evq, yr results r quite gd, considering yr high myopia & astig. do u hv glare or dry eyes like me? i just find the headlights of vehicles quite glaring. as for dry eyes, i use eyedrops few times a day. by the way, who's yr doc? he's quite gd

pps
    Guests

david, that's a risk that u hv to take if u want lasik. it also depend on the surgeon's skills. maybe those newer technology will hv better results. u can consult dr lee at ttsh. i just find the lights very glaring especially at night or in dark places, it's one of the side effects that i hv to live with.

my wife had 1000 degree myopia for each eye and did lasik. after the op, was eagle vision for 1 eye and 50 for the other. now, 1 year later, both eyes are perfect vision. no glare, dry eyes etc.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

evq, yr results r quite gd, considering yr high myopia & astig. do u hv glare or dry eyes like me? i just find the headlights of vehicles quite glaring. as for dry eyes, i use eyedrops few times a day. by the way, who's yr doc? he's quite gd
    Not good to enclose the name in public. If u wan to know I can pm u. I did the surgery at SNEC. Jus a consultant, not a senior.

No glare, only that tear starts to flow in my left eye when i sleep, and it interrupt my sleep. This happens on & off. Went back to my Doc, was told that there was bacteria in my eyelid, given gel. Gotta clean 3 times a day. No more problem, but comes back once i stop. Now, I jus live with it.

yipee! doing mine on jan 3rd at SNEC....4500 bucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    yipee! doing mine on jan 3rd at SNEC....4500 bucks though.
    I paid almost $6k. But I upgraded my eyes to L!!

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    I paid almost $6k. But I upgraded my eyes to L!!
    i hope so too! with an apeture of f0.95 to go! haha

pps
    Guests

zaren, the results that gd???

evq, looks that we r abt the same but in terms of visual acuity, u r better. i also did mine by snec consultant. i suspect we share the same doc. ok, i pm u and c whether is it the same doc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast